You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

Guest davelfc
Dead in the water? Whilst we were 2-0 up? Only reason we didn't win that game was because of the lino's mistake.

It helps if you actually read the thread, it's clear I was speaking about the West Ham game.

Talking of the derby, everton would claim Suarez should not have been on the pitch (not sure I agree) but we seem to be the new ififadnerbinfers, an excuse at every turn.

Rambo, good point on Enrique going off, forgot about that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Go back and read it again, Diame doesn't play for Everton.

Ah, I read your Mirallas post, then your 'dead in the water comment'. Maybe surprisingly to you, I don't hang on every word you type. I just assumed you hadn't completely changed subject in the space of two posts. The horror.

EDIT: I think it's a justifiable gripe that a basic and obvious referring decision cost us three points. That's not making excuses, it's just a fact.

Dont confuse Dalglish with Rodgers.

last season we beat them 2-0 away and 3-0 at home and even sweeter we beat them in the FA Cup semi final after they took the lead and got their hopes up.

Beating Everton should be a given' date=' Hodgson did not manage it though but I've heard you are not allowed to make comparisons with him for some reason.[/quote']

I'm not confusing anyone with anyone else.

You're always banging on about 'winning is everything', so when we do win I'd expect you to be happy.

But you're not.

Strange that. I wonder if there's some other reason for your perpetual gripes and digs?

Surely not.

To be honest Code, I couldn't give a fuck about the fact we beat Everton three times last season, because it was last season.

Right or wrong, Dalglish isn't here any more. Neither is Hodgson. Neither is Benitez.

The sooner certain people accept those facts, move on, and try supporting the team and the manager we currently have instead of bitching about absolutely everything that's done or said, the better.

Sadly, I think that this is a forlorn hope, especially in your case.

If he gets blamed for the defeats then he can get praised for the good results too, I reckon. Like when people tried to take the shine off the West Ham result because Diame got injured.

I think you'll find the real problem is the relative number of defeats to wins and not who is to blame for them. Keep trying though.

The fact is he has demonstarted nothing to suggest (past or present) that he is the guy that will make any real positive difference to the clubs results.

He is not the problem -he is a symptom of it. The acceptance of mediocrity by our new owners and by many fans.

I think you'll find the real problem is the relative number of defeats to wins and not who is to blame for them. Keep trying though.

The fact is he has demonstarted nothing to suggest (past or present) that he is the guy that will make any real positive difference to the clubs results.

He is not the problem -he is a symptom of it. The acceptance of mediocrity by our new owners and by many fans.

It's hardly new. The club has been tolerating mediocrity ever since the days of David Moores. Right the way through to the present day.

It's hardly new. The club has been tolerating mediocrity ever since the days of David Moores. Right the way through to the present day.

Tolerating mediocrity. This is such a weird fucking concept. As if everyone is happy being mid-table. Nobody is tolerating, or accepting mediocrity; it's just the simple fact of where we are. Some people believe the best way to stop being mediocre is to lower expectations to a realistic level and give us a chance to build from the ground up, some people think the best course of action is to sack everyone and keep resetting if the success isn't instant. Everyone has their own opinion on how we can move forward as a club but nobody is just meekly accepting mediocrity.

The good results? A draw against Everton?

Oh my fuckin God, I never thought I'd live to see this day.

I never mentioned the Everton game as a good result. Performance, sure. The west ham game was a good result but I seem to remember you writing that off because the performance didn't satisfy you. We lose because of Rodgers and win in spite if him. You're probably the biggest culprit of that way of thinking that I've come across.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Tolerating mediocrity. This is such a weird fucking concept. As if everyone is happy being mid-table. Nobody is tolerating, or accepting mediocrity; it's just the simple fact of where we are. Some people believe the best way to stop being mediocre is to lower expectations to a realistic level and give us a chance to build from the ground up, some people think the best course of action is to sack everyone and keep resetting if the success isn't instant. Everyone has their own opinion on how we can move forward as a club but nobody is just meekly accepting mediocrity.

Total bullshit, as usual. I'm loving mid-table. That's why I'm supporting Rodgers. Having mates text me laughing at me every weekend is fucking brilliant. Hopefully we'll be relegated soon so they'll forget us and not bother texting at all.

I wrote a long post on this the other day (it may even be in this very thread, actuallly), mate, so I can't really be arsed writing it again, but basically we have.

We're one of the biggest clubs in the world in terms of support and despite what some of the gimps on here who've only been watching football since Istanbul and think clubs like PSG, Shakhtar, City and Chelsea are bigger than us because they've been throwing cash around, then they're wrong. The only other clubs who rival or surpass us in terms of support are Real, Barca and the Mancs. I defy anybody to argue with that. I accept that we're at the precipice and we have to get our act together sharp-ish if we want to maintain that support, but at the minute it's Us, Real, Barca and the Mancs that's it. Simple as.

But anyway, despite this, the club has been thinking small since the days of Moores, and we've been living off our history in terms of worldwide support. Off the pitch we've been an absolute shambles. As much as the word pains me, we've exploited the brand shoddily and missed a trick in the early 90s while the Mancs were slapping their ugly badge on everything from toothbrushes to pregnancy kits. Contrast that to us, and I can remember my grandad going spare during the same time when he went the club shop and couldn't find a fucking Liverpool baby grow for his recently born nephew out in Belgium. The failure to fully capitalise on the buzz from Istanbul is proof of our ineptitude in this department.

While they were expanding Old Trafford on a relentless scale, we were happy to put one extra fucking tier on the Anny Road. I know there are logistical differences between the two, but it's fucking laughable and shows a total lack of foresight. Anyone else remember Parry's original comment along the lines of there being no need for a big stadium because the football bubble will eventually burst before he came out with the plans for the Parry Bowl? We've been a fucking joke.

The constant dithering on and off the pitch from those two has set in motion a culture we've been unable to reverse.What's more, they had the gall to justify it by hiding behind the mantra of 'The Liverpool Way'. Keeping Souness when he was a lame duck manager, appointing joint managers- absolutely shambolic decisions when decisiveness was needed.

Gradually, it's a mentality which has become entrenched at every level of the club. From first is first, we eventually got shut of Roy Evans because third and fourth was deemed unacceptable, then because the Champions League opened up under Ged we decided that that it was, and now we're talking about top six being respectable. I'm fully behind Rodgers and accept that it would at least show progression, but it is still not good enough, nor would fourth place if we got it. I'd bite your hand off for it, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't settle for it. It should be seen as the spur to kick on from there, not simply the 'holy grail'.

The whole issue is bigger than Brendan Rodgers and it's a culture which has seeped into the club since the early 90s. Off the pitch we've thought small and been run abysmally by a succession of owners and it's coming home to roost. Until this is addressed and arrested, I'm sceptical of things changing.

I wrote a long post on this the other day (it may even be in this very thread, actuallly), mate, so I can't really be arsed writing it again, but basically we have.

We're one of the biggest clubs in the world in terms of support and despite what some of the gimps on here who've only been watching football since Istanbul and think clubs like PSG, Shakhtar, City and Chelsea are bigger than us because they've been throwing cash around, then they're wrong. The only other clubs who rival or surpass us in terms of support are Real, Barca and the Mancs. I defy anybody to argue with that. I accept that we're at the precipice and we have to get our act together sharp-ish if we want to maintain that support, but at the minute it's Us, Real, Barca and the Mancs that's it. Simple as.

But anyway, despite this, the club has been thinking small since the days of Moores, and we've been living off our history in terms of worldwide support. Off the pitch we've been an absolute shambles. As much as the word pains me, we've exploited the brand shoddily and missed a trick in the early 90s while the Mancs were slapping their ugly badge on everything from toothbrushes to pregnancy kits. Contrast that to us, and I can remember my grandad going spare during the same time when he went the club shop and couldn't find a fucking Liverpool baby grow for his recently born nephew out in Belgium. The failure to fully capitalise on the buzz from Istanbul is proof of our ineptitude in this department.

While they were expanding Old Trafford on a relentless scale, we were happy to put one extra fucking tier on the Anny Road. I know there are logistical differences between the two, but it's fucking laughable and shows a total lack of foresight. Anyone else remember Parry's original comment along the lines of there being no need for a big stadium because the football bubble will eventually burst before he came out with the plans for the Parry Bowl? We've been a fucking joke.

The constant dithering on and off the pitch from those two has set in motion a culture we've been unable to reverse.What's more, they had the gall to justify it by hiding behind the mantra of 'The Liverpool Way'. Keeping Souness when he was a lame duck manager, appointing joint managers- absolutely shambolic decisions when decisiveness was needed.

Gradually, it's a mentality which has become entrenched at every level of the club. From first is first, we eventually got shut of Roy Evans because third and fourth was deemed unacceptable, then because the Champions League opened up under Ged we decided that that it was, and now we're talking about top six being respectable. I'm fully behind Rodgers and accept that it would at least show progression, but it is still not good enough, nor would fourth place if we got it. I'd bite your hand off for it, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't settle for it. It should be seen as the spur to kick on from there, not simply the 'holy grail'.

The whole issue is bigger than Brendan Rodgers and it's a culture which has seeped into the club since the early 90s. Off the pitch we've thought small and been run abysmally by a succession of owners and it's coming home to roost. Until this is addressed and arrested, I'm sceptical of things changing.

Great post but I just need to add that all of the above is compounded by us being ran by and employing a bunch of thick cunts, continually.

I genuinely am going to send in a CV (along with a 300 page dossier, a la Rodgers) and try and get role at the club. Just so I can a) make some good decisions and more importantly b) call certain individual thick cunts to their face.

Cunt is such a beautiful word.

Nailed it there, great that.

It's a healthy scepticism.

Good man, well said.

I'm not sure this is tolerating mediocrity - it is commercial incompetence of the highest order enacted by a procession of buffoons and clowns who have been, and still are, employed by the club.

As supporters we don't get to tell them how it should be done or what they should be doing. We trust the club will employ the best people around to ensure that the club's status as one of the worlds elite clubs is maintained throughout. Sadly they have failed miserably at many things and succeeded at few. The same principles should apply to what happens on the pitch but the appointment of Rodgers suggests otherwise. No matter how good he might become he isn't good enough or expereinced enough to be a manger at LFC today. I dispute that this is tolerating mediocrity - it is incompetence.

I'm fully behind Rodgers and accept that it would at least show progression, but it is still not good enough, nor would fourth place if we got it. I'd bite your hand off for it, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't settle for it. It should be seen as the spur to kick on from there, not simply the 'holy grail'.

Agreed.

But you would struggle to reconcile those two statements.

Because had Liverpool supporters not been worn down by years of underachievement, they would never in a million years countenance someone like Rodgers.

Total bullshit, as usual. I'm loving mid-table. That's why I'm supporting Rodgers. Having mates text me laughing at me every weekend is fucking brilliant. Hopefully we'll be relegated soon so they'll forget us and not bother texting at all.

Mates?

Good one.