You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

Guest San Don
That's my major worry too, mate.

As I've said many a time, the fundamental reason we're such a massive club with the worldwide fanbase they're so keen to exploit is because we've consistently won trophies and big games throughout our history. If they think they can maintain this fanbase while we're still looking at top half finishes, then they can think again and they shouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see the next generation of kids wearing City and Chelsea shirts.

Same with the stadium issue. If they think they can fill a 60k Anfield with a mediocre team scraping the top half, then they can think again.

You can't scrimp and do things on the cheap and expect to keep creaming the profits off commercial revenue, because sooner or later the well will dry up as mediocrity sets in.

Agree with this. Totally.

Like it or not, the owners have bought into a sport where you have to continually spend and continually improve.

Weaken your squad (as they have done), employ an inexperienced manager (as they have done), ditch experience players for whatever reason (as they have done) and depend on young players (as they are doing) will se you not just slip down the table but will find in incredibly hard to even challenge for top 6 or 7 never mind top 4 and CL spots.

Im just amazed they dont realise this.

That's my major worry too, mate.

As I've said many a time, the fundamental reason we're such a massive club with the worldwide fanbase they're so keen to exploit is because we've consistently won trophies and big games throughout our history. If they think they can maintain this fanbase while we're still looking at top half finishes, then they can think again and they shouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see the next generation of kids wearing City and Chelsea shirts.

Same with the stadium issue. If they think they can fill a 60k Anfield with a mediocre team scraping the top half, then they can think again.

You can't scrimp and do things on the cheap and expect to keep creaming the profits off commercial revenue, because sooner or later the well will dry up as mediocrity sets in.

Does anything actually suggest this, though? We royally fucked up in the transfer market under Kenny and Commolli and Rodgers paid for it last summer.

Jan and next summer will show is their true intentions, I think.

With the way we have been so far this season can anyone really see us getting anything like 10 points from those 6 games, I can't.

I want to believe that he can make us into a good side but I can't shake the feeling that he is all talk, it's all well and good looking long term but not to the detriment of the short otherwise you'll find you have no long term.

If we don't start making a shape in the league then some of our best players (you know the ones that some teams above us don't have the luxury of having) will start to review their positions, they won't wait for some master plan to come to fruition 5 years down the line from a manager who hasn't proved he even has the ability to manage a top side.

I mean what do you expect when he is saying we can aim for 2nd, were fucking 10th and with the run of games coming up will probably be lower by February.

We used to be able to put a run together but we can't muster it these days especially seens we concede fucking loads and score little.

If 8th and two cup finals is a benchmark for a sacking, how can FSG justify not sacking BR if and or when he fails to do any of the aforementioned?

BR is a decent enough bloke, but anyone who thinks he is the next great leader is seeing him through red tinted glasses.

He will still get my full support (albeit fading a bit of late) but how long do we continue in the way we are before we have to start asking questions of him and his ideas?

Why are we looking at buying another keeper? the problems we have are much further up the field.

Why can Carroll not be fitted in? just because of a philosophy (which isnt working)

Set up and tactics and no plan B aside, BR is showing he is like a lot of the squad, and thats that they and he are not LFC material.

He might want to play this tiktakpaddywhack shite, but first he needs players who can play it.

We cant, and dont, so he should be playing to the strengths of what he has, not making us weak by trying to change them.

Does anything actually suggest this, though? We royally fucked up in the transfer market under Kenny and Commolli and Rodgers paid for it last summer.

Jan and next summer will show is their true intentions, I think.

I think they made an honest effort at 4th with the "traditional" model of high payroll = high finish.

When it didn't happen they switched to the current approach which at least assures mid table survival and a share of all of the PL TV money and may bring more if everything falls into place but won't break the bank.

I also assume they're still counting on FFP to level the playing field.

I think they made an honest effort at 4th with the "traditional" model of high payroll = high finish.

When it didn't happen they switched to the current approach which at least assures mid table survival and a share of all of the PL TV money and may bring more if everything falls into place but won't break the bank.

I also assume they're still counting on FFP to level the playing field.

I have no idea how you are coming to your conclusions but time will tell one way or another.

Jan a starting point and then the summer. If there is no significant investment over those two windows, I will probably be inclined to question their commitment as well.

People on here actually think they know more than Rodgers about 'setting up a team'?

Cringeworthy!

You don't need to know more. You just need to observe the results.

Bummed on the counter. Check.

Load of nonsense.

West Ham agreed to a loan deal for 2m which will become permanent for 20m if they stay up. So clearly someone agreed to buy him.

Borini has started 9 games for us, 5 in the league and 4 in the EL.

And that is enough to judge him ?

He wont become a world beater, i think everyone can agree with that unless his development takes a massive leap forward. However he was bought as a 21 year old Italian international who the manager knew with a decent goal scoring record for both Swansea and Roma. We might want to give him abit more time eh...

And we do have a weak squad, i dont see how the fuck anyone could disagree with that. We are lacking severely in the attacking department, and have done so for 3 years.

Disagree with all points made.

I will believe the £20m when West Ham pay it. We had similar arrangements in place for a certain Italian player that came to nothing. West Ham will find a way to weasel out of it for sure.

Borini - you can give him all the time you like but he is not good enough now. And we need someone who is good enough now - not someone who might be good enough in two or three years.

If a squad that includes Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Suarez topped up by Sterling, Shelvey, Borini, Suso, Kelly, Coates, Flannagan, Robinson with Cole, Henderson, Downing and Carragher is a weak squad then you are entitled to your opinion but it is not one I share. Absolutely need more up front. But more importantly the players we have need to start putting a shift in every game not just when they feel like it.

Anything else than a win against QPR and we will be more than 10 points behind 4th which seem to be the holy grail for some people.

Again we have to go to the middle of March last season before we were that far behind and when it happened we had already won our first trophy in 6 years.

Oh and we havre kept hearing how our season is about to start since August now, I cant wait much longer because in reality we are closer to the finish than the start right now.

I have no idea how you are coming to your conclusions but time will tell one way or another.

Jan a starting point and then the summer. If there is no significant investment over those two windows, I will probably be inclined to question their commitment as well.

After the shabby way they treated the club at the summers end then if they don't address it at the first opportunity (January), then I won't need to wait until summer to see what their intentions are, and they can fuck off with the 'no value in January' line.

Its based on their actions and what they have said. Their approach isn't entirely unreasonable.

They must be happy with mid table otherwise they would be spending massively to try to assemble a squad capable of challenging City, United and Chelsea. We all know that takes massive amounts of money.

They don't have that, the club doesen't generate it so what is left to them? Anger? Depression? No they make do, keep the team in the PL, as high up the table as possible whilst balancing the books and hoping FFP will restore some sanity to the league and force other clubs to operate as we do now.

It seems perfectly logical to me.

I've been one of their biggest critics but have been becoming less cynical about them and more realistic about what they are and what they aren't.

People on here actually think they know more than Rodgers about 'setting up a team'?Cringeworthy!

Rodgers is the least experienced manager by games managed in the PL. he may learn fast. Let's hope so.

Criticisism in these circumstances is understandable , whether it has substance remains to be seen.

Sorry Paco but thats a terrible example.

If Everton sack Moyes they might win something, he is their least successful manager ever.

any success everton had was pre premier league.

I'm not saying I want to be everton, ambling along mid table to top 6. I want top 4 football minimum. It takes them twice as long to get to where we would consider minimum expectations. They've been in contention for top 4 football twice in 10 years? I would however swap places with them this season. I'm just saying there's no coincidence that we've lost consistency because we've sacked 3 managers since that everton game in 2005.

houllier got a couple of years to get it right, rafa only needed one. You need 2 seasons to see if it can work.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Looks like southampton are going to steamroll Stoke at home, if only we had their quality

If only we could be Southam... wait a minute. It's almost as if football doesn't work like that.

houllier got a couple of years to get it right, rafa only needed one. You need 2 seasons to see if it can work.

Houllier and Rafa both started by fixing the defence and putting some discipline in place. Rodgers started by saying that be bold, don´t be afraid to make mistakes, it´s all part of the dance.

Sounds like junior league coach to me.

Houllier and Rafa both started by fixing the defence and putting some discipline in place. Rodgers started by saying that be bold, don´t be afraid to make mistakes, it´s all part of the dance.

Sounds like junior league coach to me.

haha! At least there's one thing we've been able to live up to.

You need 2 seasons to see if it can work.

Regardless of results meantime?

The problem is that meantime Man U/City, Chelsea and Arsenal are chunking in more cash into their coffers. Arsenal's finances continue to harden as the stadium debt is paid down, Spurs and West Ham move closer to new stadia.This isn't just about us, but the relative positions of others.

Already Man City will overtake us for income for the first time, that is another rung down the ladder we have been kicked.

I am behind Rodgers, but in hope, not expectation.