You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Either San Don's account has been hacked by Code, or he's turning into as big a cunt as he. I reckon it's the latter and he's a cunt.

lJAPW.gif

7 looks about what we could achieve, those three big away games (lottery mancs, scum mancs and arse) we managed 2 points from at Anfield, how we're going to better that with them being away I don't know.

Wins against Sunderland and Norwich with a point from QPR. Even a win against QPR gives us 9, so for me even reaching 10 is not really something I expect.

I think thats the point though isnt it.

If we dont expect to win against relegation candidates and the bottom club in the league then team has reached an unacceptable level.

No doubt people on here will go on about the quality of the squad not being upto it, however no one is expecting us to win the league with this squad but at least be able to compete with teams such as Stoke and Villa. The squad is certainly good enough for that.

Sad sad thread,

Whatever the debates are about the two managers our record over the last 38 PL games ie a full season is

is W11 D10 L17 (seventeen) F51 A51 Points 43 (fourty three)

Close to relegation

BR 25 points

KD 18 points

Them is the facts

So calling for a manager to be sacked who has out performed a previous club legend in his first 19 games compared to the kings last 19 games by over 28% is ridiculous in the extreme

Sad sad thread,

Whatever the debates are about the two managers our record over the last 38 PL games ie a full season is

is W11 D10 L17 (seventeen) F51 A51 Points 43 (fourty three)

Close to relegation

BR 25 points

KD 18 points

Them is the facts

So calling for a manager to be sacked who has out performed a previous club legend in his first 19 games compared to the kings last 19 games by over 28% is ridiculous in the extreme

The previous manage,KD,got us to two finals and won a trophy therefore guaranteeing European football so the comparison is unfair.

I dont want Rodgers out but I'm just pointing out a flaw in your argument.

KD has the best record over a 19 game start in the last 4 seasons but none of them have been particularly great.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
A minimum of ten points. Hmm. So five points would be pretty terrible from those fixtures, would it Code? I mean, it's half of your minimum. You're looking for three wins and a draw as a minimum acceptable standard, yeah? So just one win, with three losses would be unacceptable to you? Interesting.

Code?

Guest davelfc
I think thats the point though isnt it.

If we dont expect to win against relegation candidates and the bottom club in the league then team has reached an unacceptable level.

No doubt people on here will go on about the quality of the squad not being upto it, however no one is expecting us to win the league with this squad but at least be able to compete with teams such as Stoke and Villa. The squad is certainly good enough for that.

I totally agree that the squad is good enough to be beating Villa, Stoke haven't lost at home for an age so that's a reach for anyone at the moment.

I firmly believe that the manager isn't getting the best out of the squad, but hey what are we going to do. He has a plan apparently and he says all the right things.

Code?

5 points would have us on 30 points after 25 games, thats totally unacceptable.

If we win the remaining games, something that is not realistic we can get maximum 69 points, but with only 5 points from the next 6 games I think between 45-50 points will be a more realistic target.

Unless Rodgers can get us into Europe he has failed miserably and he should get the boot.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You said anything less than 10 points from those fixtures is unacceptable. You then went on to detail the minimum acceptable results. I assume, now you've realised Kenny got half of that from thos fixtures, with just one win, you're going to change your argument.

Kenny had the Suarez affair to deal with, how many points would Rodgers have without Suarez minus those 8 games. It's not just missing the player how much pressure was put on Kenny at that point he was getting absolutely hammered and with no support at all from those in the background. Anyway we are on to new beginings now seeing how this season is pretty much fucked now anyway I want to see Rodgers dropping players who put in a shite performance, no more players wearing their slippers, you want to play lethargic football you can play it in the reserves, no matter what your name is ( and that's no dig at gerrard its at all of them) there's one constant these last 4 years and its a group of mollycoddled players with no will to win.

I take heart from the knowledge that we could go 442 and do better, but it's not what Rodgers came here for, to play 442 and do 'ok'.

He's come here to turn the club around and get it ready for competing for trophies in 2014, and then for years afterwards.

Any mug can select a solid team and 'survive', but we want more than that, and it's taking time, chill.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Bobby, I've posted about the Suarez thing before. It wasn't till he got back that things started to go really shit. How many of those 6 fixtures did Suarez miss? I'll take a look when I'm back at my computer.

You said anything less than 10 points from those fixtures is unacceptable. You then went on to detail the minimum acceptable results. I assume, now you've realised Kenny got half of that from thos fixtures, with just one win, you're going to change your argument.

I could not care less what Kenny got in the same fixtures last season.

After 19 games last season we had 34 points, this season we have 25 points.

10 points from the next 6 games would just about equal that. less than 9 and we are still behind with 6 more games played.

This season we have already conceded as many goals it took us to the middle of March to reach last season.

We have been fuckin shite and the main reason is that our manger is out of his depth and basically fuckin shite.

I look forward to those upcoming semi finals in the League Cup, oh hang on..

Our next 6 or so games with the way we have been playing all look very losable ( is that even a word ). Have we beat a side above us in the league. We had a very difficult start and thought when that's done we should be alright but we have actually fucked that up too. I still can't get over the villa game. I don't want Rodgers out it would be embarrassing and I don't trust Ayre and FSG to make any right decisions but Rodgers needs to manage his players and team not follow some dossier when he doesn't have the ingredients for it. Play players to their strengths if there's a choice between gerrard further forward or shelvey you choose gerrard you have to be near blind to go the other way.

5 points would have us on 30 points after 25 games, thats totally unacceptable.

If we win the remaining games, something that is not realistic we can get maximum 69 points, but with only 5 points from the next 6 games I think between 45-50 points will be a more realistic target.

Unless Rodgers can get us into Europe he has failed miserably and he should get the boot.

We just can't keep sacking manager after manager. We have to give one - whether it's Rodgers or someone else - time. Fans and FSG alike.

I know common sense isn't your strength, Code, but everyone needs to muster some here.

He's come here to turn the club around and get it ready for competing for trophies in 2014, and then for years afterwards.

I don't buy this at all. I think FSG are content to hover at midtable with the occaisional run at 4th. Staying comfortably in the PL whilst keeping the payroll down and exploiting commercial opportunities is the limit of their ambition.

We might get lucky with the occaisional FA or league cup.

I also see no reason to believe they are planning on selling anytime soon. They're not asset strippers nor are they sugar daddies. They really are serious about the sports industry but from a very corporate point of view.

They'll never let the club go down because the money is in the PL.

I think once Ferguson is gone we might just see United drift a bit in this direction too (not mid-table but neither will they have Ferguson's drive to win the PL every year).

We just can't keep sacking manager after manager. We have to give one - whether it's Rodgers or someone else - time. Fans and FSG alike.

I know common sense isn't your strength, Code, but everyone needs to muster some here.

Obviously but I prefer to give a good manager time instead of a shite one.

There is a reason every team Rodgers has managed have started to concede more goals than before he took charge.

Its because he is not very good at setting up his team.

His preferred plan will take you nowhere in the league and unless he show he can change and adjust his somewhat naive and romantic approach we can just get rid and actually look for someone who have achieved just a tiny little thing in football.

If we dont get into Europe we should consider our options in the summer.

whatever happened to the green and gold protest at united?

everything is grand when they're winning and they really couldn't give a fuck how much debt the club is in or if they're owned by satan himself.

similarly with us - when we win it's empty on here but when we lose everybody owners, manager, ex managers, ex owners, players, coaches, announcer, pitch, OOTers, comolli gets a kicking.

fair enough people like to come on when we lose and vent their anger but there are too few people with perspective on here anymore.

Just watched us beat everton there in december 2005 and noted we've had 4 managers since then and moyes is still in charge for them.

There are very few teams who thrive from changing managers constantly. chelsea are the exception but they can fire lots of money at any new manager.

we clearly suffer from constantly changing managers. so all the people calling for rodgers to be sacked after 6 months - are you happy for us to keep starting over and over again?

our only chance of progress is having a manager in charge for a decent amount of time, in my opinion it's 2 years minimum. if after 2 years we're still a mid table team then by all means call for the managers head then. giving managers 6-18 months does not work for us.

Obviously but I prefer to give a good manager time instead of a shite one.

There is a reason every team Rodgers has managed have started to concede more goals than before he took charge.

Its because he is not very good at setting up his team.

His preferred plan will take you nowhere in the league and unless he show he can change and adjust his somewhat naive and romantic approach we can just get rid and actually look for someone who have achieved just a tiny little thing in football.

If we dont get into Europe we should consider our options in the summer.

As I say, at some point you, and all the other naysayers, are going to have to accept that things won't be righted overnight. It may even take more than one season. Maybe two. Maybe more. No matter who's in charge.

If you are not prepared to give Rodgers time, then you have to give it to the next bloke. Or when you start whingeing about him after a lean trot, the bloke after that.

It's patience that's required. Nothing more, nothing less

I don't buy this at all. I think FSG are content to hover at midtable with the occaisional run at 4th. Staying comfortably in the PL whilst keeping the payroll down and exploiting commercial opportunities is the limit of their ambition.

We might get lucky with the occaisional FA or league cup.

I also see no reason to believe they are planning on selling anytime soon. They're not asset strippers nor are they sugar daddies. They really are serious about the sports industry but from a very corporate point of view.

They'll never let the club go down because the money is in the PL.

I think once Ferguson is gone we might just see United drift a bit in this direction too (not mid-table but neither will they have Ferguson's drive to win the PL every year).

That's my major worry too, mate.

As I've said many a time, the fundamental reason we're such a massive club with the worldwide fanbase they're so keen to exploit is because we've consistently won trophies and big games throughout our history. If they think they can maintain this fanbase while we're still looking at top half finishes, then they can think again and they shouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see the next generation of kids wearing City and Chelsea shirts.

Same with the stadium issue. If they think they can fill a 60k Anfield with a mediocre team scraping the top half, then they can think again.

You can't scrimp and do things on the cheap and expect to keep creaming the profits off commercial revenue, because sooner or later the well will dry up as mediocrity sets in.

our only chance of progress is having a manager in charge for a decent amount of time, in my opinion it's 2 years minimum. if after 2 years we're still a mid table team then by all means call for the managers head then. giving managers 6-18 months does not work for us.

Giving any old manager a couple of years is likely to be about as successful as sacking managers every year. Just like throwing good money after bad. When you take a high risk punt on a manager with no track record you have to make them demonstrate that they can grow into the person you thought they could.