You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

Couldn't get in the team? He was injured against United and didn't make another appearance because he was injured. You're making out as if he hasn't played because he's shit. That's just nonsense. He isn't playing because he's injured.

Its not nonsense. I cannot be bothered to go back and find the matches but he started on the bench numerous times.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Its not nonsense. I cannot be bothered to go back and find the matches but he started on the bench numerous times.

Okay. Well, I can be bothered.

Matchday 1 - West Brom. Started.

Matchday 2 - Arsenal. Started.

Matchday 3 - Sunderland. Started.

Matchday 4 - Sunderland. Started.

Matchday 5 - Man Utd. Started. Injured, off at HT.

As explained here Borini originally sustained an injury against United. He sat, unused, on the next two league games with suspected 'bruised ankle' before it was properly diagnosed after coming back from Italy.

I'm not saying he set the world on fire, I'm just saying he was injured and needed surgery. That's the reason he has played five league games, not because he's shit.

Okay. Well, I can be bothered.

Matchday 1 - West Brom. Started.

Matchday 2 - Arsenal. Started.

Matchday 3 - Sunderland. Started.

Matchday 4 - Sunderland. Started.

Matchday 5 - Man Utd. Started. Injured, off at HT.

As explained here Borini originally sustained an injury against United. He sat, unused, on the next two league games with suspected 'bruised ankle' before it was properly diagnosed after coming back from Italy.

I'm not saying he set the world on fire, I'm just saying he was injured and needed surgery. That's the reason he has played five league games, not because he's shit.

Thanks. I didn't realise this so I apologize. Sorry. I was under the impression he had been dropped. It seems that was a false impression.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Haha' date=' that would be TLW, after all.

Well, lets hope he comes back and does well. Where do you think he will play? With us signing Tom Ince and Sturridge (apparently), its hard to predict.[/quote']

Hmm, it's an interesting one. I've expressed an opinion on another forum about actually replacing Gerrard with Suarez in a 4-2-3-1. Then it'd depend on who comes in. Assuming we went for somebody like Sturridge and Walcott, I'd go for...

-------Sturridge--------Suarez---------Walcott--------

------------------------Borini--------------------------

Still, I'd certainly want Suarez in a Gerrard role when he was with Torres. He scored shit loads in that position, I think Suarez can too. He already has with Hunterlaar. EDIT: I'm saying this on the assumption we'll play a defensive player or two behind them.

Can't see Ince getting much of a start. Might be wrong.

Hmm, it's an interesting one. I've expressed an opinion on another forum about actually replacing Gerrard with Suarez in a 4-2-3-1. Then it'd depend on who comes in. Assuming we went for somebody like Sturridge and Walcott, I'd go for...

Still, I'd certainly want Suarez in a Gerrard role when he was with Torres. He scored shit loads in that position, I think Suarez can too. He already has with Hunterlaar. EDIT: I'm saying this on the assumption we'll play a defensive player or two behind them.

It's hard to know how it will all shape up. But it will be fucking delightful to have options.

Thats interesting. I see the merits of playing Suarez behind the striker as he likes to drop deep as it is, anyway. But in the formation you've typed out above, Sturridge and Borini could be interchangeable.

I really don't think we will get Walcott, though.

Guest davelfc

Ince and Sturridge are not enough, we all know that but I don't think we are asking or expecting a full fix in January and it's a bit naughty of him to believe we are.

January is the second fist at what was a fuck up in the summer.

Something that worries me a little is we signed Allen and borini if he was backed further he would of bough sigurdsson and Dempsey that would of been a huge wedge of money for what, to cement ourselves firmly alongside the likes of Fulham. Those players for the outlay are mediocrity. Your premier league jobbers. January needs to be fucking spectacular.

05/06 season:

1. Chelsea 38 29 4 5 72-22 91 p

2. Man United 38 25 8 5 72-34 83p

3. Liverpool 38 25 7 6 57-25 82p

4. Arsenal 38 20 7 11 68-31 67p

* we took 4 points against the other top 4 clubs

FA Cup: Winners

UEFA Super Cup: Winners (glorified friendly, but still)

Club World Cup: Finalists

Champions League: Last 16

League Cup: 3rd round

08/09 season:

1. Man United 38 28 6 4 68-24 90p

2. Liverpool 38 25 11 2 77-27 86p

3. Chelsea 38 25 8 5 68-24 83p

4. Arsenal 38 20 12 6 68-37 72p

* we took 14 points against the other top four clubs

Champions League: Quarter final

FA Cup: 4th round

League Cup: 4th round

Nah I think I'll stick with the 05/06 season as originally suggested.

but you are basing your opinion on the fact we won a cup. i presume you would concede that 09 was better if we had lost to west ham in 06 and im also assuming you would argue that last seasons league cup winning team was better than 09 simply because it won something.

Something that worries me a little is we signed Allen and borini if he was backed further he would of bough sigurdsson and Dempsey that would of been a huge wedge of money for what, to cement ourselves firmly alongside the likes of Fulham. Those players for the outlay are mediocrity. Your premier league jobbers. January needs to be fucking spectacular.

Lets be honest mate after the last few years can you see us making anything other then a monumental fuck up?

He needs to do spectacularly well and get the most out of his resources, don't think I've got the confidence that will happen though

It won't be though and that's the horror of it. From that Mail interview - "'I see lots of names bandied about and with all due respect names that are pie in the sky because there won't be too many top players moving about in January because clubs want top money."

I'm not entirely sure how they expect us to get top players at anytime other than to pay top money but the problem is top players won't be arsed coming to play for us with the state we are in so I'd be staggered if we got Walcott and I don't even really rate him (but obviously an upgrade on what we have). Looking to resign Tom Ince? Contract wranglings with with our most promising youngsters? Court cases and sackings left, right and centre?

I reckon Henry and Werner are a bunch of grade A Dope Fiends. Constantly hammered on that prescription Shoreline. There is no other explanation for what we have seen since they arrived.

And whatever may come of it, thank fuck we never signed Sigurdsson and Dempsey.

There's a massive difference. Kenny spent 35m on a striker, 20m on a winger, 24m on midfielders, £16m on defenders, in order to take the team forward. After a season and a half and three transfer windows, he didn't do that and there was no signs of a prosperous future. Kenny, like Code, was more than happy with the players he had in and thought it required

Dalglish had one window as full time manager where funds were available.

You're not very objective when it comes to discussing the job he did but I'm sure you still love him like a brother.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Dalglish had one window as full time manager where funds were available.

I guess that's one way to hide two transfer windows and nearly £60m outlay. Quite how you have the nerve to question my objectivity when your sole objective here is to hide any wrong doing by Kenny and trump up any thing else, well, it's quite laughable. You post about almost nothing else other than trying to hide Kenny's flaws. Fortunately, he's more honest about it than you.