You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

Changing manager now would officially turn us into the new Newastle. Which there would kind of be room for at the moment as the original Newcastle have turned into the new Spurs. Which again I believe is temporary, they look well on their way back to being Newcastle again. As there is no real need for two Newcastles, supply of journeyman managers may run out, I suggest sticking with Brendan and give him time to build a team.

People are showing their true colours now. And its not todays result that broke the camels back or any of the previous ones. It's because of who he replaced and because he had the audacity to try and ship out every single signing Kenny made bar one. How dare he try and turn it around.

This presumes that you believe anything needed "turning around". All we needed was to add goals to performances that were, on the whole, very good. Instead we shipped out most of our goalscorers to save a few bucks.

This presumes that you believe anything needed "turning around". All we needed was to add goals to performances that were, on the whole, very good. Instead we shipped out most of our goalscorers to save a few bucks.

This is true. The manager surely has to take the blame for replacing kuyt, maxi and bellamy with joe cole and borini. Shocking stuff really. Kuyt has 11 goals so far this season by the way. We have Shelvey playing where Kuyt would be. Utter madness.

This presumes that you believe anything needed "turning around". All we needed was to add goals to performances that were, on the whole, very good.

Good point SD. And Robbie while I like Rodgers and want him to succeed I stated at the time of his sacking that I believed Kenny had it in him to fix whatever needed fixing in the team given time and patience.

I definitely have no agenda whatsoever Robbie against BR but imo there's nothing wrong with thinking that the King didn't need to be fired in the first place. I also believe that's how a lot of supporters feel about it.

On my first night of hols in Thailand. Watched the game in the Koh San Road with 4 scousers' date=' 3 of em Evertonians. Boss lads, but getting ripped by 3 blues because we are getting fucked by Villa is not nice.

First half I thought we were unlucky. 2nd half we were cluleless. Gotta be said better ball from Suarez to Gerrard in the first half would have led us being one up for sure.

What makes me laugh is the bellends who called for Kenny's head last year got their wish. Why fucking moan. We are where we are. Get used to it.

Kenny Dalglish on the ball, he was the greatest of them all.....[/quote']

There's some seriously fucked up shit on the Koh San road, enjoy it mate

People are showing their true colours now. And its not todays result that broke the camels back or any of the previous ones. It's because of who he replaced and because he had the audacity to try and ship out every single signing Kenny made bar one. How dare he try and turn it around.

Oh jaysus If any of his signings had been a hit you could bang that drum, but not one have not even your "class" Allen

I don't want Rodgers out, I think there's better managers out there for us and did when he was appointed but he's got till the end of the season for me. I was saying myself he's going to need a couple of seasons but these results are completely unacceptable.

We have a much better team/squad then where we are in the league and 3-1 at home to fucking Villa!! The footy might be better but results wise we are no better off than we were under Hodgson at the moment is that good enough??

Most of the goalscorers weren't shipped out. 1 was on his way regardless who the manager was, 2 left for personal reasons and the other was a £35m striker who couldn't hit a barn door from 6 yards.

But everything was fine and dandy because we reached 2 cup finals. I wonder if Middlesborough fans said the same in 97 when they reached 2 cup finals and got relegated.

Guest ShoePiss
Most of the goalscorers weren't shipped out. 1 was on his way regardless who the manager was, 2 left for personal reasons and the other was a £35m striker who couldn't hit a barn door from 6 yards.

But everything was fine and dandy because we reached 2 cup finals. I wonder if Middlesborough fans said the same in 97 when they reached 2 cup finals and got relegated.

No one has said last season was fine have they? I doubt boro fans said it was fine to be relegated.

He's done some good things like bring through Sterling, Suso and Shelvey. But the guy is out of his depth and you can see it in the body language of senior players like Gerrard and Reina.

Gerrard is such a magnificent player and it would be a shame to see his career peter out under Rodgers. He was fortunate to work under a genius of a manager in Benitez but deserves more.

We're a mess at the moment and no amount of BR spin can disguise otherwise.

We need Rafa back.

The chavs' Rafa?

"Glossing over last season"? A few, maybe, but more are redescribing it ever more negatively and inaccurately in order to excuse Rodgers.

Not really. We finished 8th. The manager came into a fairly shit situation. Its ok to say it. Getting to a league and FA cup final dont indicate how good a team is.

Guest ShoePiss

I think there's a huge difference between recognising the achievements and at the same the failures (poor league position) and glossing over it entirely.

We weren't good enough last season and we've started a lot worse this season, hopefully we improve as the season goes on but there's a very valid concern currently.

In support of Rodgers though it was fucking pathetic that just after the transfer window shut we were already talking about January because of the failure of FSG to support their man. It was always going to be a tough first season for him with the fixture list the way it was but FSG have made matters worse with their complete lack of knowledge or interest in the game.