You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Every single action, non-action, decision and non-decision OK'd by FSG since they first arrived needs to be assessed to determine whether it has been successful or detrimental in moving the club forward both on and off the pitch. I know that some actions and decisions need time to bear fruit, but most of them are made with the aim of immediately resolving a problem or taking advantage of an opportunity. The is the case no matter what the business is, and as successful business people, the guys at FSG are no doubt aware of this and probably have something in place to take care of it. The alternative to that rationale doesn't bear thinking about.

Other than FSG themselves, and Ayre in his capacity as MD, every bad decision or action that has backfired has been done under advisement, simply because they are so inexperienced in dealing with the issues that surround the club and the sport. Other than the above, if there is another common link between the bad decisions and actions, it is fair to say that those persons need to be jibbed off by FSG as soon as possible. Bad advice or advice that leads to poor decisions can be tolerated if the intention behind that advice was honest or made while unaware of factors nobody could reasonably have envisaged. My worry is that I think - and have done for a long time now - that some of the people FSG are getting advice from do not have the club's best interests at heart.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I would LOVE to know all the people FSG are using to advise them, simply because I am certain there are a few bad eggs in there.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single action, non-action, decision and non-decision OK'd by FSG since they first arrived needs to be assessed to determine whether it has been successful or detrimental in moving the club forward both on and off the pitch. I know that some actions and decisions need time to bear fruit, but most of them are made with the aim of immediately resolving a problem or taking advantage of an opportunity. The is the case no matter what the business is, and as successful business people, the guys at FSG are no doubt aware of this and probably have something in place to take care of it. The alternative to that rationale doesn't bear thinking about.

Other than FSG themselves, and Ayre in his capacity as MD, every bad decision or action that has backfired has been done under advisement, simply because they are so inexperienced in dealing with the issues that surround the club and the sport. Other than the above, if there is another common link between the bad decisions and actions, it is fair to say that those persons need to be jibbed off by FSG as soon as possible. Bad advice or advice that leads to poor decisions can be tolerated if the intention behind that advice was honest or made while unaware of factors nobody could reasonably have envisaged. My worry is that I think - and have done for a long time now - that some of the people FSG are getting advice from do not have the club's best interests at heart.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I would LOVE to know all the people FSG are using to advise them, simply because I am certain there are a few bad eggs in there.

I think we all would mate.

Every single action, non-action, decision and non-decision OK'd by FSG since they first arrived needs to be assessed to determine whether it has been successful or detrimental in moving the club forward both on and off the pitch etc

You are being generous Trumo.

It is the responsibility of the owners to ensure that the Board of Directors are competent, and experienced. They have failed in that responsibility.

Billy Beane recommended Comolli. Beyond that I believe that decisions have been taken in house.

You are right to suggest that the advice of third parties with no stake in the outcome is pretty worthless, if that has occurred.

IF, FSG had wanted experience, they could have hired it. Barwick, Dein, Kenyon as MD, Van Gaal, Capello (Rafa?) as DOF, or a more experienced manager than Rodgers.

You have to ask why they have not done so. If you or I bought a business as an investment in the States for £220m the first hiring would be the top people available to run the show, people who knew what we didn’t.

However some owners of businesses DON’T want the best people- because they ask awkward questions. They want people who are grateful for a job , Comolli, Ayre, Rodgers. Jenny........do you see the pattern?

Guest ShoePiss

Well I'm shocked that bringing over Ed Weiss(general council for the redsox) didn't save the day as I'm sure he knows our legal system and football inside out.

FSG fell into a familiar trap when entering something outside their understanding.

They hired people that they knew. We knew them to be mistakes but they had no frame of reference.

I will say that they're correcting mistakes pretty quickly.

They've got one massive problem, still. We don't have a 'football man' on the board, who has experience, and most importantly, experience dealing with the FA.

Ayre has been a virtuoso on the commercial side, but he's a fucking walking disaster on the running the club side.

FSG fell into a familiar trap when entering something outside their understanding.

They hired people that they knew. We knew them to be mistakes but they had no frame of reference.

I will say that they're correcting mistakes pretty quickly.

They've got one massive problem, still. We don't have a 'football man' on the board, who has experience, and most importantly, experience dealing with the FA.

Ayre has been a virtuoso on the commercial side, but he's a fucking walking disaster on the running the club side.

All true.

The worrying thing is that FSG are no further forwards now in plugging the experience gap than when they arrived.

FSG were the ones who wanted a change from foreign to British talent. They were the ones who appointed Comolli. Then they didn't like the British talent and that duplicitous creep Werner sounded Comolli out about sacking Kenny. Then he sacked Comolli and expressed his support for Kenny. Then he sacked Kenny, appointed Rodgers and left him high and dry in his first transfer window. It's incoherence on stilts. The great privilege of owners is that it's always someone else's fault. But hopefully these two jokers will eventually test the patience of even the most gullible of fans.

I have absolute disdain for this bullshitter. That interview just confirmed what I was thinking. To spend £100m with the attitude of "hey! it might fail..it might work...who knows? we have five years to find out" is a fucking joke. Fucking inept cunt.

My rebuttal to the load of horseshit is £35m Carroll, £20m Downing, £18m Henderson, £8m Adam. I don't have to say a word more, because the facts call you a thick cunt themselves.

You look at the ability of those players and their prices, and the question turns from "How did he win an unfair dismissal claim?" to "Why isn't he under indictment?"

If I had been exposed, as Commoli clearly had by last July, I would have resigned from my position and fled the country.

Most people have known that for well over a year, and yet still that hapless egomaniac is ruling the roost. If that's correcting things 'pretty quickly' god help us.

All true.

The worrying thing is that FSG are no further forwards now in plugging the experience gap than when they arrived.

I disagree. They've had a void of 'no football experience/knowledge' to what seems to be 'moderate football experience/knowledge'.

They're learning fast, I think... but we need to bring in an experienced football head into the mix. We need a David Dein. We need to bring someone in that is either a current or former FA board member.

Before you sack someone who could potentially cost the club millions in compensation, you get legal advice to do it the correct way.

We really need to become more professional off the field.

Get Broughton, give him Ayres job and put Ayre back in his role as head of commercial!

Most people have known that for well over a year, and yet still that hapless egomaniac is ruling the roost. If that's correcting things 'pretty quickly' god help us.

Well... Who the fuck do we bring in? It's not like there are 174072057 qualified people just sitting around on their hands.

Most of the people that I can think of... are quite old, and unlikely to take a new role.

I disagree. They've had a void of 'no football experience/knowledge' to what seems to be 'moderate football experience/knowledge'.

They're learning fast, I think... but we need to bring in an experienced football head into the mix. We need a David Dein. We need to bring someone in that is either a current or former FA board member.

Like that fella with the moustache.

1.I disagree. They've had a void of 'no football experience/knowledge' to what seems to be 'moderate football experience/knowledge'.

2.They're learning fast, I think... but we need to bring in an experienced football head into the mix. We need a David Dein. We need to bring someone in that is either a current or former FA board member.

1.Where/ who is this "moderate football experience/knowledge"?

If you are suggesting it is the incumbents I think you are mistaking being in office to being in power.

2.Are they learning fast, or making the same mistakes again and again?

I have long advocated a Dein/Barwick/Kenyon calibre appointement. But those individuals are there iown men, which is not FSG's style.

1.Where/ who is this "moderate football experience/knowledge"?

If you are suggesting it is the incumbents I think you are mistaking being in office to being in power.

2.Are they learning fast, or making the same mistakes again and again?

I have long advocated a Dein/Barwick/Kenyon calibre appointement. But those individuals are there iown men, which is not FSG's style.

1. No, I mean the owners are learning the game and what's required.

2. I don't see the same mistakes again, and again, and again... they haven't been here long enough to make the same mistakes again, and again, and again.

Well... Who the fuck do we bring in? It's not like there are 174072057 qualified people just sitting around on their hands.

Most of the people that I can think of... are quite old, and unlikely to take a new role.

This will amaze you, but I don't spend my time professionally monitoring potential CEOs for football clubs. Presumably FSG know someone who does. If they can't find anyone better than Ayre then it's time to put up the noose and end it all.

Last of the wine summer for me - “First of all you need to look at the big picture,” Comolli said. “We did 26 deals, and to think we would not make any mistakes in such a huge number of deals in and out would be totally unrealistic. I don’t think we made any mistakes on the players going out, and whether we made mistakes on the players who came in I think, first of all, time will tell.

You are right to suggest that the advice of third parties with no stake in the outcome is pretty worthless, if that has occurred.

Correct me if I´m wrong, but didn´t Henry and Werner go and meet quite a many fan clubs after they had bought the club ? I remember SOS at least was in close contact with them at some point, probably some others also, and I´m sure those meetings weren´t spent in total silence... To be honest, it wouldn´t surprise me the slightest if they got the idea of "going british" from those meetings.

Too much democracy isn´t always a good thing in a football club, but I´m sure they´ve learned their lesson by now.

How the fuck can somebody complains about being fired when they fucked the largest transfer kitty this club has had during it's existence?

Commoli should be brought up on criminal charges for overseeing the Carroll and Downing deals.

He deserved to be fired and his reputations deserves to be in ruins.

The 2011 transfer dealings set this club back years.