You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sterling is a young kid, so what I am about to say must be tempered by that, but he is not looking all that good to me today. He is not scoring, and he is not as threatening as he should be. He is fairly fast, but he doesn't look lightning.

If he won't sign a new deal, and Arsenal want to throw Walcott our way, with some cash too, I would let the boy go back to London.

Perhaps that's frustration at being 2-0 down, I don't know. But I reckon Walcott would have scored for us in that first half when we were so dominant.

Until January, whenever he's fit, Assaidi should be getting games.

Sterling is a young kid, so what I am about to say must be tempered by that, but he is not looking all that good to me today. He is not scoring, and he is not as threatening as he should be. He is fairly fast, but he doesn't look lightning.

If he won't sign a new deal, and Arsenal want to throw Walcott our way, with some cash too, I would let the boy go back to London.

Perhaps that's frustration at being 2-0 down, I don't know. But I reckon Walcott would have scored for us in that first half when we were so dominant.

I can think of a good few players I would offload before Sterling mate.

I don't understand how we can play 3 CMs and yet consistently have untracked, unpressured runners taking pot shots at goal. They don't need lots of chances because the ones we present are so good.

So much for Lucas alone being able to plug all the gaps.

Let's be fair Lucas is coming back from a very long stretch out after serious injury, it's going to take several games for him to get up to speed.

Gerrard is definitely well past his best now and Allen looks less impressive the more I see of him and the further forward he is. It's at the point where Henderson looks the better option.

People really blaming Reina for diving full stretch and a shot going in off the post ? Hes been to blame for a fair few this season but you have to be a dickhead to think that one was his fault.

Fed up of powder puff Sterling , you can see hes not fully into the game , his crossing is pathetically soft.

His pace is redundant in this game now Villa will have everyone behind the ball , not that he uses his pace anyway , Get Cole or Suso on , we need to be more precise.

If only Suarez could of played the easiest 5 yard pass you could ever make, it would of all been so different.

Time to regroup and go at them good style second half. We can lament the same old story of all possession and no end product, or we can regroup and fight. Last week we came back. Why not this week?

An early goal, within the first ten minutes of the restart, get the Kop going, and we will win this 3-2.

COME ON!

We are rubbish, but that's because we have players who are a bit shit. What the fuck is Shelvey doing in the team? And Gerrard needs dropping. Sterling is continuing his shocking form. Lucas' value, which peaked the longer he was out, has now started to tumble alarmingly as he's started playing again.

Disappointing doesn't really cover it.

when suarez fucked that pass to gerrard, then suarez did it again with shelvey, you knew we wouldnt win today.

Luis is an incredible player, but when hes off form hes just fucking woeful.

Constantly trying ridiculous runs that end up going nowhere. He needs to learn to just try and keep it simple sometimes.

We are rubbish, but that's because we have players who are a bit shit. What the fuck is Shelvey doing in the team? And Gerrard needs dropping. Sterling is continuing his shocking form. Lucas' value, which peaked the longer he was out, has now started to tumble alarmingly as he's started playing again.

Disappointing doesn't really cover it.

Shelvey, Reina, Lucas, Gerrard, Sterling, Downing. And some people thought this was a top four team :lol:

Let's be fair Lucas is coming back from a very long stretch out after serious injury, it's going to take several games for him to get up to speed.

Gerrard is definitely well past his best now and Allen looks less impressive the more I see of him and the further forward he is. It's at the point where Henderson looks the better option.

Wasn't having a dig at Lucas, Allen and Gerrard are sleepwalking in defence and you can only cover so much.

Disappointing to let in two goals like that. I feel it's hard to blame Pepe for the first goal. There was no pressure at all on Benteke, the shot was very hard and went in off the post.

The second comes because neither Agger nor Allen tracks their goalscorer into the box.

Villa seem to have 15 men in their box at times and have been defending well since their first goals.

In short, we'll lose this one.

Luis is an incredible player, but when hes off form hes just fucking woeful.

Constantly trying ridiculous runs that end up going nowhere. He needs to learn to just try and keep it simple sometimes.

Don't think that's entirely fair. He's played Gerrard and Shelvey in for chances they really should have taken, but here we are.

Disappointing to let in two goals like that. I feel it's hard to blame Pepe for the first goal. There was no pressure at all on Dembeke, the shot was very hard and went in off the post.

The second comes because neither Agger nor Allen tracks their goalscorer into the box.

Villa seem to have 15 men in their box at times and have been defending well since their first goals.

In short, we'll lose this one.

benteke:whistle: