You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our deficiencies are pretty fucking glaring. We're really terrible in the final third. Appallingly so, even. If I had my way, Sterling would be made to watch the full 90 minutes of that and be told 'that's exactly why you're not getting 50k a week', because, frankly, for all the promise the lad has, he still has a long way to go to justify it and it's pretty much way an incentive based contract rising towards it would be the most sensible option.

Then again, it is football we're talking about and common sense long since left that planet, so if the lad left and went to City or United or wherever, I really couldn't give a shite.

Anyway, back to the match, played some great stuff first 10-20 mins, but as I said, we really are wank in the final third. Always seem to take that needless extra touch or play that pass that leaves somebody gammy footed. Villa today showed what taking your chances can do. When we were chasing the game second half, it was understandably stretched and that's why a lot of their chances were so glaring. It's kind of what happens when you commit everybody forward and get caught on the break.

And the refs can go and fuck themselves. Fair play to Villa for taking their chances like, but some of those decisions were scandalous. All people we want is consistency. If Allen is penalised for that handball last week, by right those two ones in the second half were pens. As Allardyce said in his interview, you have your hand away from your body, you run the risk of conceding a penalty. Just some fucking consistency, you utter gobshites.

I honestly don't see any team do that as much as us. It is so frustrating.

We were the better team. End of.

They had the referee and they took their chances doesn't mean they deserved to win the game - because they didn't.

no we were not, we passed the ball around and offered very little in attack, they came with a plan defended well and attacked with purpose, they deserved all 3 points.

His record is five goals in 15 for Villa, and 19 in 41 for Genk, he has also represented belguim at every representative level below the first team- not bad for a donkey.

It was 3 in 14 before yesterday.

Heskey scored 21 in a season for us before, and has represented England at every level.

What was your point?

One aspect of Rodgers that I was bewildered by yesterday was his subs bench. 3 defenders including 2 centre backs? What's the point? Assaidi? Pacheco?

Suso, for me a stronger talent than Sterling, remains rooted to the bench throughout when we're 3-0 down at home? God forbid we bring on one of the few players at the club capable of picking a lock. I'd have him in the team, playing behind the striker, every single week.

To compound it we bring on Joe Cole instead to turn things around and then bang - he fucks it up for the 3rd goal which kills it.

Rodgers was happy to let Morgan and Yesil go to Singapore for this Mickey Mouse tournament. Again - why? Surely having a striker on the bench is better than not having one at all. Morgan, for me, has done enough in the under 21's to warrant playing with the seniors. Unsure what more the lad has to do. He might not be Fowler but he still knows where the net is which is more than can be said for the rest of our team.

Utd overload on attacking options on the bench and more often than not it's these subs that come on and turn the game in their favour. We always seem to have only one player on the bench who's capable of turning a game around.

I don't remember their keeper making any save of note throughout the whole game.

Neither do I.

The last few seasons teams have got points at Anfield usually because their keeper have played a blinder, these days they hardly have to get dirty as we never really test them.

Yet people are saying we are playing great, I just dont understand how some people view football.

I watched both the U18s games here in Asia, and Morgan was dreadful. I don't know how typical that is, but I wouldn't imagine him turning a game round on those performances.

He's been playing in some weird wing position hasn't he? He's a natural #9, it's where his strengths are, playing elsewhere would make him look bad.

The last few seasons teams have got points at Anfield usually because their keeper have played a blinder, these days they hardly have to get dirty as we never really test them.

A good point, well made.

Without shots on target, all other shortcomings are amplified.

It was difficult to tell what position Morgan as playing, TBH. He seemed to be somewhere right of centre, but he hardly got a touch of the ball. When he did, he gave it away or fell over it.

The team looked a lot like the main squad on Saturday - OK when stroking it around midfield, or in our own half, but hardly a shot on goal in either match. The goal against Singapore was a bit spawny. Against the run of play, the ball was deflected off a Singapore player right across the face of their goal. Yesil's first touch bounced up and off a defender. He then scuffed a backheel which trundled like a diabetic hamster past their keeper. Singapore had plenty of chances, including two nailed-on penalty shouts. Both were from free kicks just outside our area, when someone in the wall (couldn't see who) handled. This wasn't like the one against West ham - these were shot-stopping saves of the sort that Reina has been struggling to make this season.

Sporting were all over us. They must have had 10-15 really good goal attempts. I don't think their keeper touched the ball until about 75 minutes in, when we had a half-attempt (from almost on the goal line, left of the post). Sporting then went back up the field and scored. I know commentators are mostly useless, but it was quite notable that when one of them was asked for a 'man of the match' call near the end of last night's game, he started reeling off the names of Sporting's players. The other commentator said "You've just named the whole Sporting squad, haven't you? What about Liverpool?" He then muttered something about Pelosi having an OK game.

One aspect of Rodgers that I was bewildered by yesterday was his subs bench. 3 defenders including 2 centre backs? What's the point? Assaidi? Pacheco?

Suso, for me a stronger talent than Sterling, remains rooted to the bench throughout when we're 3-0 down at home? God forbid we bring on one of the few players at the club capable of picking a lock. I'd have him in the team, playing behind the striker, every single week.

To compound it we bring on Joe Cole instead to turn things around and then bang - he fucks it up for the 3rd goal which kills it.

Rodgers was happy to let Morgan and Yesil go to Singapore for this Mickey Mouse tournament. Again - why? Surely having a striker on the bench is better than not having one at all. Morgan, for me, has done enough in the under 21's to warrant playing with the seniors. Unsure what more the lad has to do. He might not be Fowler but he still knows where the net is which is more than can be said for the rest of our team.

Utd overload on attacking options on the bench and more often than not it's these subs that come on and turn the game in their favour. We always seem to have only one player on the bench who's capable of turning a game around.

Its something hes getting badly wrong at the minute in my eyes. There was no need for 3 defenders on the bench. And bringing on the likes of Cole ahead of Suso is just baffling.

Its the sort of shit decision making thats been going on for years and at times I've wondered if other factors have been at play when this sort of shit happens. But that aside, I was optimistic for the first part of the season Rodgers would be the man to finally cut the shit out.

But he seems to be slipping into the mad decision making that has been the downfall of other Liverpool managers. Hopefully he'll turn it round again.