You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The more we see of Allen the more i think what a total lightweight average at best footballer, him and Lucas should not start games together at home ever again.

Also amongst other things , fucked off the amount of times we have the opportunity to cross the ball into the box and choose not to , Suarez comes short nearly everytime a wideman has it meaning theres never any cunt in the box , just leave the wideman out there to do his job and get players running into the fucking box.

We are desperate for some strength in the middle of the park. We were really struggling to deal with Diame until he went off injured last week. Same again today with there last goal. Benteke was just too strong, and it further highlighted the need for someone (Benteke, Sissoko type of player) to be brought in. I like Lucas, and I admire his strength of character, but I'm not sure he's physically strong enough even taking into account the horrendous run of injuries he's had.

If ever there was a question to ask Rodgers, it's that.

If I was John Henry, I'd be asking that this evening. Actually I'd phone about 3am our time, get the fucker out of bed and make him answer it.

There's some really bizarre personnel decisions being made and they don't seem based on performance or form, which begs the question, what is the fucking criteria by which he selects players?

Coates on the bench today, but one of three centre backs on the bench?

Joe Cole yet again, where the fuck is Morgan, or Pacheco, or Assaidi?

When the bell tolls on his career at this club, he's going to have a hard job blaming anyone else but himself.

I am more generous than you in your assessment of Rodgers, Funneeee, but your questions are fair ones.

I think we seriously overrated Allen after his first few games. Laughable comparisons with Xavi were even being made. At this point I struggle to see what he adds to the team. And criticism of Lucas is well harsh. The poor lad has had 2 serious injuries in quick succession. It will take him time to get back to the level he was prior to the first knee injury.

Tell Sky- they counted. I was at the game.

You are the one posting that 21 of our 29 shots were off target. This is NOT true. In fact rather than blaming sky, I would guess that you have misinterpreted the stats. I reckon that you've seen that we had 29 shots and that 8 were on target. From this you've concluded that we had 21 shots off target. The mistake you have made is that you have forgotten about blocked shots, of which there were many in todays game. Am I right?

We had 72% possession. 29 shots.

Where as Villa had 11 shots and 28% possession yet won the game 3-1.

In summary we are a total joke up front, and the opposition are shit yet clinical.

News which is not new to us.

We could use this for summary of 70% of our games.

Defensively, we were all over the place today.

Maybe. But we were punished almost every time there was a lapse today.

If they were the rules of the scoreline, then most games would finish 14-14

We often dominate games to fall behind to the oppositions first attack. This was the case yet again today.

Its groundhog day almost every week, same shit - different opponents.

Allen needs to make way for Henderson.

As slow as Charlie Adam, offers nothing going forwards and too lightweight.

Also no real attacking options from the bench.

No Sahin, no Assaidi, no Pacheco or Morgan/Ngoo/Yesil.

Suso there, but never given the nod.

The more we see of Allen the more i think what a total lightweight average at best footballer, him and Lucas should not start games together at home ever again.

Also amongst other things , fucked off the amount of times we have the opportunity to cross the ball into the box and choose not to , Suarez comes short nearly everytime a wideman has it meaning theres never any cunt in the box , just leave the wideman out there to do his job and get players running into the fucking box.[/quote

I'm not having a dig but didn't you want that useless cunt Joe Cole on in the first half. I spotted it somewhere.

Just shows how hard it is managing. As you have proved. Got your player to blame have you? Poor Joe. Bet he can't wait for Borini to return.

How fucking predictable.

Xerxes I don't always agree with a lot you say but I reckon you got it more or less right regards the game today.

I said it in the match thread but I'll say it again.

People will blame the midfield and the defence, but if our forward players would get their fucking act together we'd be putting these games to bed with the possession we have.

Its fairly simple in my eyes, until we start killing games off we'll get nowhere.

Allen needs to make way for Henderson.

As slow as Charlie Adam, offers nothing going forwards and too lightweight.

Also no real attacking options from the bench.

No Sahin, no Assaidi, no Pacheco or Morgan/Ngoo/Yesil.

Suso there, but never given the nod.

Hes making a rod for his own back packing subs benches with defenders and not offering any alternative to the attacking players we start with.

I'm not counting Joe Cole as an alternative because hes shit.

Hes making a rod for his own back packing subs benches with defenders and not offering any alternative to the attacking players we start with.

I'm not counting Joe Cole as an alternative because hes shit.

Yeah i agree to some extent. Thing for me is why throw Cole on with Suso on the bench. No forward on the bench. He kicked on with the pups early doors but now he seems unable to trust them using a 20 mil winger at left back instead of a rising youngster in Robinson. Why didn't he play Wisdom at right back and Johnson left like earlier in the season. Are cole and downing in the shop window? Fucking Lidl's Xmas sale

Benkelle bullied the back four today. Wisdom could have helped in that.

Yeah i agree to some extent. Thing for me is why throw Cole on with Suso on the bench. No forward on the bench. He kicked on with the pups early doors but now he seems unable to trust them using a 20 mil winger at left back instead of a rising youngster in Robinson. Why didn't he play Wisdom at right back and Johnson left like earlier in the season. Are cole and downing in the shop window? Fucking Lidl's Xmas sale

Benkelle bullied the back four today. Wisdom could have helped in that.

Only explanation I can fathom but how playing downing at left back is a good advert is beyond me.

I haven't been on here since half time. I gave a bit of a rallying cry and then we were worse in the second half than the first! I really thought we were turning a corner and I was looking for us to climb the table, and maybe, with a fair wind and a good striker coming in January, we might have had an outside chance at 4th. I suppose it's still not gone completely, but this was such a frustrating day.

When Rodgers came in he preached a message about possession. Dominate possession and you win the game 80% (?) of the time. It seems we have been doing our level best to provide as many exceptions to this stat as possible.

I can barely be bothered to dig into today's game. Had we got an early goal I felt we would have added more. Had Suarez been able to put a simple 5 yard pass in front of Stevie it all might have turned out differently.

I'm still not losing heart for the long haul though. I think we are closer than many of us think, even if we are frustrated.

I'm still not losing heart for the long haul though. I think we are closer than many of us think, even if we are frustrated.

I agree, though that's not just relating to us, it's the same of any team in the PL. A couple of really good signings and you can turn from a bottom 3 team into a top 6 team.

Damian Comolli is a prick, a four-eyed French prick who should be beaten to within an inch of his life for the damage he done, and the unfair dismissal claim on the back of it. 'Pissed off' Damian? You ain't seen pissed off mate, you were just mildly inconvenienced, I'll show you proper pissed off you feckless horse fucker.

I think the fans should ask for a public enquiry into the running of our club soon. An elite team of scouts? Really...show me.

An experienced and competent CEO? No...I dont think so, let's have it out.

Who the fuck is taking responsibility for where we are 3 years from now, who do I write a letter to? FSG? A syndicate?

Could have easily been 3-0 to us after 20 minutes, and then Villa would be psychologically hindered, but, as usual we can't finish. In fact Shelvey not only can't finish in terms of scoring, but can't seem to finish his passages of play on a positive note. He is a useless passer of the ball if the pass has to be any longer than 2 yards. Ditto Allen, Stirling and even Gerrard seems to get more wrong than he gets right these days, while at the back, our defence seems mesmerised by any opposition play, prefering to stand around and wonder why our guys up front can't do the same tricks.

Take nothing away from Aston Villa; they defended well enough and took their few chances.

The spiral down continues; yes, in the grand scheme of things we are falling behind.

that is the whole point. we could have wrapped up that game in the first 30 mins and condemn Villa to obscurity, with no chance of coming back. we couldn't do so simply because we have no dependable finisher thanks to those greedy, stupid owners. Suarez on his day could've gotten a brace but was, not untypically, wasteful today making all the wrong decisions in front of goal. Gerrard's face is not that of someone who is enjoying the game any more, looking like he is perpetually in pain. He needs to be rested at best. Rodgers should ship out Downing, Cole et al and bring in at least two players next window, a striker and a creative midfielder. the boy who is asking for big bucks to sign a permanent deal should also be rested and shown he's simply not as good as he (and his agents) thinks he is and told to !@#$%^&* off if he doesn't agree to a reasonable deal. Rodgers needs to play the likes of Suso and Assaidi more only if we need to show the options available to us. the stupid, greedy, uncaring owners need to step up soon or !@#$%^&* off. meantime let's get off Rogger's back, not because he is blalmeless, but the onus of responsibilty clearly rests with the Yanks. Rodgers should be given another season, minimum.

We know what the problems are and have known for a ling time. 29 shots on goal and another loss at home. This one was more worrying than the Arsenal and Utd matches earlier at Anfield, in that the opposition really should not have been able to hand our arse to us so easily. I can't remember the last time we were so defensively and offensively toothless. Needs fixing now.