You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'd like to see Henderson get a start.

Has goals and assists in him and less easily bullied off the ball.

Sahin as well (if his hooter has healed) for the less physical sides like Villa.

Pepe

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas Henderson

Sahin Gerrard Sterling

Suarez

A penalty? You're joking..

The two top teams have 9 pens between them this season, and we have none, even when it is obviously a nailed-on pen it is not given..

When we do one day get a pen I do not want it to be against a team we should be hammering anyway!!

Save the pens for the scum/bluescum/or last day of the season grab 4th.

Be careful what you wish for. If you are only going to get 1-2 pens in a season they better be in games that count.

I guarantee Asda Vanilla will get a pen, we wont!

Villa are the archetypal midtable team, but I love this fixture. We've had some great games against them in my time.

In 1996 they had a really good team but we battered them in the first seven minutes of the league game to be 3-0 up and we battered them in the FA cup semi too. Fowler used to always score against them.

We've had some great aways there as well under Houllier when Fowler got a hattrick and we won 4-2, a last minute winner in the worthington cup in 2002 and more recently under Benitez the last minute winners from Gerrard and Torres in 2007 and 2009. Plus we seem to have had a few big wins against them at home.

It's just one of them fixtures where something big usually happens. Hopefully that will continue today. Everything points to us winning but despite their league position I think this could be a bit of an awkward one.

Confirmed:

The Reds team in full is: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Downing, Allen, Lucas, Gerrard, Sterling, Shelvey, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Wisdom, Suso, Cole, Carragher, Henderson, Coates.

Having all 3 of Wisdom, Carragher and Coates on the bench is ridiculous.

More through the lack of other options than anything else as Morgan and Yesil are both away with the youth team. Though Pacheco is still here isn't he? It just makes no sense to have 3 defenders on the bench and no striking options at all.

Roll on January.