You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hi, are there lots of people from Ireland here ?

I´m from Finland, and about three or four mouths ago I met a girl here in Finland who was from Wisconsin, USA, who wanted to move to Europe. We spend some time together, but she only had a three months tourist visa and after that three months had gone, she had to travel to Ireland, with a plan that she could come back to Finland with a three months tourist visa, after spending another three months in Ireland... Anyway, now she has been there in Ireland a bit over a month already, in different places around the country (back in Dublin now), trying to find work from farms etc. but with no luck. She´s been couch surfing there, trying to save money, but I think she is running out of money now, so I felt that I should try to help her, if possible.

If any of you knows any place there in Ireland where she could stay for a few months and maybe even work a bit for food and shelter, that would be nice. She is a good girl. Half Puerto Ricoan, half german, so she is a decent looking also. 24 years old, maybe too young for me, so you can have her if you want ;) , but I still would like to help that poor girl. She´s alright, although maybe a bit desperate, but who wouldn´t be if you were running away from america ?

Guest Pistonbroke
Can´t comment, I´m a gentleman.

So basically you ripped her arse open and you want to fuck her off to Ireland, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

• 7 years later...

A property tycoon from Hong Kong wants to build a city in Ireland to host 50,000 emigrants from the semi-autonomous region in a plan he likens to the puritans arriving in America.

Ivan Ko, founder of the Victoria Harbour Group (VHG), an international charter city investment company, hopes to find a 50 sq km site between Dublin and Belfast to create a new city, named Nextpolis, from scratch.

Ko has pitched the plan, which would include schools that teach in Cantonese, to Irish officials, arguing it would fit the government’s stated desire to develop regions outside the capital.

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

A property tycoon from Hong Kong wants to build a city in Ireland to host 50,000 emigrants from the semi-autonomous region in a plan he likens to the puritans arriving in America.

Ivan Ko, founder of the Victoria Harbour Group (VHG), an international charter city investment company, hopes to find a 50 sq km site between Dublin and Belfast to create a new city, named Nextpolis, from scratch.

Ko has pitched the plan, which would include schools that teach in Cantonese, to Irish officials, arguing it would fit the government’s stated desire to develop regions outside the capital.

Drogheda could do with a few triad members...

I just want to see the cop show 20 years from now, the hard-bitten Irish detective - someone 'O' something - possibly played by Roy Keane, who lost most of his family in the great pandemic of 2020-24 and turned to drink, with three marriages in the rear view, and his former shaolin monk sidekick and interpreter whose love of the martial arts and skills with the bo staff (which admittedly is Japanese) is matched only by his profound hatred of communism. The first episode involves an illegal stout distillery in the Ken Hom housing projects, the second concerns a murder halfway along the Boris bridge between Scotland and a United Ireland, and all the jurisdictional issues that ensue.

2 hours ago, A Red said:

Never been but I always thought that anywhere that would have Frank Carson as Mayor must be good

Never been to Balbriggan either where he was actually Mayor (its not that far away but I still look stupid)