You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We got so pissed that night!

Ever since me and my kid brother were little we’ve argued and fought over who was better, Rush or Barnes.

We still can’t agree 30 years later and both still enjoy arguing about it.

We bought the more expensive tickets for the meet and great with photos and autographs for the night which was worth every penny.

I woke up the next morning and had Rushies book...

2ec39aa097dc9b686a43986eb026245c.jpg

e098d88ee200d834a2b44587c3e4f3a1.jpg

Only thing is my name isn’t Tobi!

So basically you've thieved someone's book?

It's lucky they were clearly a cunt - who the fuck spells Toby with an i?

A cunt, that's who.

We got so pissed that night!

Ever since me and my kid brother were little we’ve argued and fought over who was better, Rush or Barnes.

We still can’t agree 30 years later and both still enjoy arguing about it.

We bought the more expensive tickets for the meet and great with photos and autographs for the night which was worth every penny.

I woke up the next morning and had Rushies book...

e098d88ee200d834a2b44587c3e4f3a1.jpg

Only thing is my name isn’t Tobi!

Fella, thats looks like 20 different people all had a go at doing a letter each.

Good story with you and your kid. 

Younger people will associate Rush with his second spell at the club where he was a more all round player and often assisted goals as much as he scored them but in his time alongside King Kenny he was a goal machine and had pace to burn. He was usually kicked from pillar to post but then made those centre halves look like the shit they were when scoring the winning goals. I'd say Rush' spell at Juventus wasn't anywhere near the failure popular opinion says it was either. As for Barnes,he was devastating and built like a 100m sprinter,fast and strong. Its a testament to both that they changed their game,and position in Barnes case,to the benefit of the teams they were playing in.

• Upvote 3

• 10 months later...

I remember standing behind the goal at Loftus Rd for a lovely Rush finish to put us 2-1 up in the 6th round of the Cup in 1990. 

Our fans started singing "Bye-bye bye-bye" to the home support, in the style of Big Ben chimes.

But QPR equalised late, and we had to despatch them in an Anfield replay.

Then next, it was Crystal fucking Palace....

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2018 at 7:42 PM, Hand Shandy said:

So basically you've thieved someone's book?

It's lucky they were clearly a cunt - who the fuck spells Toby with an i?

A cunt, that's who.

Just wait for the reaction of Tony's Ma (Toni).

• 1 month later...

RUSH SCORES AGAIN!

Ian Rush is to marry his long term girlfriend after five years of dating.

The 57-year-old has popped the question to Irish model Carol Anthony, 35, who has shared photos of the couple on social media.

0_ian-1.jpg

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/former-chester-fc-manager-ian-15928172

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

RUSH SCORES AGAIN!

The 57-year-old has popped the question to Irish model Carol Anthony, 35, who has shared photos of the couple on social media.

0_ian-1.jpg

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/former-chester-fc-manager-ian-15928172

Rush scored one, Rush scored two ,Rush scored three and Rush scored Phowarrrr....

I'll get me coat

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

RUSH SCORES AGAIN!

0_ian-1.jpg

I wonder what she sees in multi-millionaire and high status football legend Ian Rush?

I remember walking out of a hotel in Malta to the pool, seeing her rubbing suntan lotion all over herself, and thinking "Fuck me, who's she with?" Walked over to my wife and whispered "Ian Rush is over there." Big hero of mine growing up, had a quick chat with them, got his autograph etc on her insistence. Then on our last night had a drink with them and talked about the Roma cup final. One night I was sitting on the balcony and they pulled up in a taxi and I started singing "Rushie is back!" Met some people in Gozo who thought I was his mate.

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...