Quantcast
'Pointless' or 'The Chase' - Page 14 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest LFD

'Pointless' or 'The Chase'

Which Quiz?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Which Quiz?

• Pointless
    • The Chase
    • Neither - I don't like quiz programmes or I don't get home in time to watch either of them

God this fucking show (the chase) is on every fucking night, the celebrity version is on all weekend, and now they've put them all on one show and that's on every fucking night as well. What are they on fucking retainer?

"Oooh I'm so fucking clever because I'm a sad bastard and sit there all day looking through the Gunness book of records." 

Fuck off, weirdo fucks.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

God this fucking show (the chase) is on every fucking night, the celebrity version is on all weekend, and now they've put them all on one show and that's on every fucking night as well. What are they on fucking retainer?

"Oooh I'm so fucking clever because I'm a sad bastard and sit there all day looking through the Gunness book of records." 

Fuck off, weirdo fucks.

Nah, The Chase is boss. The original version is great but I think I probably enjoy Beat The Chasers more. Celebrity versions of gameshows are rubbish, though.

She got a couple wrong then started getting easy questions wrong.

One she got wrong was something like "what number is 2 1/2 dozen?" She said 36.

Reminded me of someone playing a certain sport suddenly missing everything 

4 hours ago, easytoslip said:

That new chaser fella looks like a snide twat, his face bugs me. 

Is he still on it? There was something in the paper but I never read it. 

Nah he got sacked.

Turns out he had the answers wrote on his forearm.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Nah he got sacked.

Turns out he had the answers wrote on his forearm.

Why the cheatin' dastard, of all the unscrupulous deeds. 

I knew there was something about his character by just looking at him. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Why the cheatin' dastard, of all the unscrupulous deeds. 

I knew there was something about his character by just looking at him. 

I've yet to see him on there but I only watch it sporadically.

They've done a spin off - Chasers Road Trip. They go around the world taking on other people/animals in random things to test their intelligence. 

I flicked it on last night and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to look at the Dark Destroyer in the same light ever again... 

EsSXrvTWMAAUZkI.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I saw an article on the Echo website 'reassuring' Chase fans he will be back.

Thank god for that, I haven't slept for weeks.

Now you can rest easy. 

Fucking heel the BBC gets worse by having the worst double act since Fred and Rose West in Allison Pearson with Richard Madeley

Although I guess she’s that much of a non-entity she doesn’t even get a mention on the Sky planner

EuLtbqjWYAANyE7?format=jpg&name=large

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The amount of quiz shows on TV these days is unbelievable, they'll be dragging fucking Gary Wilmot out to present one soon enough.

I watched on the other week being presented by a comedian I think from Iran and it looks like the least fun, most boring and nigh on impossible game show to be involved in and to win anything. It was truly shocking. 

They've gone full Alan Partridge with a quiz presented by Gordon Ramsey for no obvious reason.

And as a nod to the thread title , on the Chase .how unlucky are you to get the Governess rather than the Dark Destroyer , I wouldn't even let him in our pub quiz team even with the pub closed.

• Upvote 1

On 22/01/2021 at 16:27, Nelly-Torres said:

They've done a spin off - Chasers Road Trip. They go around the world taking on other people/animals in random things to test their intelligence. 

I flicked it on last night and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to look at the Dark Destroyer in the same light ever again... 

EsSXrvTWMAAUZkI.jpeg

Thought it was really good that show, to be fair he's in his 60s!

Thought it was quite interesting that they tested their IQs and his was mediocre even though he's a barrister and a quizmaster. Shows you how when it comes to intelligence it's just not that simple.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I watched on the other week being presented by a comedian I think from Iran and it looks like the least fun, most boring and nigh on impossible game show to be involved in and to win anything. It was truly shocking. 

I've seen that, it's absolutely shite. Arguably the worst gameshow I've seen.

8 hours ago, Stickman said:

Fucking heel the BBC gets worse by having the worst double act since Fred and Rose West in Allison Pearson with Richard Madeley

Although I guess she’s that much of a non-entity she doesn’t even get a mention on the Sky planner

EuLtbqjWYAANyE7?format=jpg&name=large

If you gave 100 people 100 seconds to name famous writers every one of that lot would be Pointless. 

9 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The amount of quiz shows on TV these days is unbelievable, they'll be dragging fucking Gary Wilmot out to present one soon enough.

It's because they're cheap to make