You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'Pointless' or 'The Chase'

Guest LFD

Which Quiz?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Which Quiz?

• Pointless
    • The Chase
    • Neither - I don't like quiz programmes or I don't get home in time to watch either of them

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The amount of quiz shows on TV these days is unbelievable, they'll be dragging fucking Gary Wilmot out to present one soon enough.

I watched on the other week being presented by a comedian I think from Iran and it looks like the least fun, most boring and nigh on impossible game show to be involved in and to win anything. It was truly shocking. 

They've gone full Alan Partridge with a quiz presented by Gordon Ramsey for no obvious reason.

And as a nod to the thread title , on the Chase .how unlucky are you to get the Governess rather than the Dark Destroyer , I wouldn't even let him in our pub quiz team even with the pub closed.

• Upvote 1

On 22/01/2021 at 16:27, Nelly-Torres said:

They've done a spin off - Chasers Road Trip. They go around the world taking on other people/animals in random things to test their intelligence. 

I flicked it on last night and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to look at the Dark Destroyer in the same light ever again... 

EsSXrvTWMAAUZkI.jpeg

Thought it was really good that show, to be fair he's in his 60s!

Thought it was quite interesting that they tested their IQs and his was mediocre even though he's a barrister and a quizmaster. Shows you how when it comes to intelligence it's just not that simple.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I watched on the other week being presented by a comedian I think from Iran and it looks like the least fun, most boring and nigh on impossible game show to be involved in and to win anything. It was truly shocking. 

I've seen that, it's absolutely shite. Arguably the worst gameshow I've seen.

8 hours ago, Stickman said:

Fucking heel the BBC gets worse by having the worst double act since Fred and Rose West in Allison Pearson with Richard Madeley

Although I guess she’s that much of a non-entity she doesn’t even get a mention on the Sky planner

EuLtbqjWYAANyE7?format=jpg&name=large

If you gave 100 people 100 seconds to name famous writers every one of that lot would be Pointless. 

• 1 month later...

This was the episode where the new Chaser - Darragh - appeared and through his performance was offered a position. Something stinks about it...OK so he got 9 right (I've seen people get 8 and they don't get offered a position. He says he'd like to play Paul Sinnah as he competed in the same quiz league (guess who comes out) and his questions on the chase seem really easy. "What's the perfect extra? Cherry on top or Blackberry on top." "Robert Zemeckis film? Forrest Gump or Pulp Fiction."

As the old saying goes, it's not what you know it's who you know.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/03/2021 at 14:46, Shooter in the Motor said:

This was the episode where the new Chaser - Darragh - appeared and through his performance was offered a position. Something stinks about it...OK so he got 9 right (I've seen people get 8 and they don't get offered a position. He says he'd like to play Paul Sinnah as he competed in the same quiz league (guess who comes out) and his questions on the chase seem really easy. "What's the perfect extra? Cherry on top or Blackberry on top." "Robert Zemeckis film? Forrest Gump or Pulp Fiction."

As the old saying goes, it's not what you know it's who you know.

Not seen his cash builder round before, pretty easy questions on the whole. I got 9 too, albeit 2 different ones wrong.