You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'Pointless' or 'The Chase'

Guest LFD

Which Quiz?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Which Quiz?

• Pointless
    • The Chase
    • Neither - I don't like quiz programmes or I don't get home in time to watch either of them

A guy I work with recently took part in Tipping Point. He got the most questions right and had a strategy to have all his opponents use their chips up and hopefully be left with all his intact to use them all and clean up. He passed every correct question over to a different opponent and they all cleaned up with one getting 14 with one chip! Out in the first round with most questions answered correctly.

It will be shown apparently in 2019!

A guy I work with recently took part in Tipping Point. He got the most questions right and had a strategy to have all his opponents use their chips up and hopefully be left with all his intact to use them all and clean up. He passed every correct question over to a different opponent and they all cleaned up with one getting 14 with one chip! Out in the first round with most questions answered correctly.

It will be shown apparently in 2019!

Ouch.

The team on The Chase earlier really crumbled in the final. There was a question about "which type of vegetable...." and the Chaser said "potato", wrongly. So, for their pushback attempt, they debated whether to go for apple or potato, before going for potato...

And the chaser had already answered potato. One of the stranger moments I've seen.

I just got it on ITV Player and watched her chase. She took the lower offer and still only got one right. They really missed a trick by not quickly altering the questions so the answers had the word ‘pass’ in them.

Makes you think, how bad must Fowlers God have been to get rejected?

I keep asking myself that, but maybe I was just ya know- too normal?

• 4 weeks later...

There was a good example of why taking a minus can sometimes make sense. After 2 players had played, £25,000 in the pot, she got 1 answer right and was offered £25,000, £1,000 or -£1,000. It makes absolutely no sense to me to go for the £1,000 there, which she did, and got caught on the final question. 

• Downvote 1

There was a good example of why taking a minus can sometimes make sense. After 2 players had played, £25,000 in the pot, she got 1 answer right and was offered £25,000, £1,000 or -£1,000. It makes absolutely no sense to me to go for the £1,000 there, which she did, and got caught on the final question.

I agree, on this occasion. £250 less per person is nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of belting answers on Tipping Point

' Born in Trier, Germany in 1818 what was the first name of the political philosopher, Marx ? '

' Umm, Howard ? '

' The radio phone-in show 606 is a discussion programme about which ball sport ? '

' Is it boules ? '

He's a smarmy cunt at the best of times but the amount of times he's said "laughable" when someone's gone home with a grand is annoying. It's alright when you're already the millionaire (or close to it) in the quiz masters chair but when the member of the public is sat facing you trying to earn a few quid to improve their life, the last thing they want to hear is that you think a grand is laughable.

Jeremy Clarkson is definitely a narcissist and I think it's this lack of empathy for people that makes him incredibly charismatic but he is a bit of a cock to members of the general public. For this reason he is either a terrible choice for the people on this show or a brilliant choice for the viewing public.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw some loser take -£6k the other day, after the first two had put £36k in, I was fuming.

I saw that. Absolute snake, that lad. I’d have done exactly the same.

I saw the lady get the £77k today but then I got a phone call and missed the final chase. Shaun is comfortably the worst of all the chasers.

• 5 months later...

Australia now has its own version of Pointless. Done by a commercial station so they don't have much time for the show because of the number of Ads. The host is an ad on his own, a talentless walking toothpaste ad, a face fit to punch. Beacuse the show is "streamlined", it starts with 3 couples only, the final round has many fewer choices and only 30 seconds to answer.

UK version is shown on ABC here but fucking years behind and repeated erm repeatedly.