You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'Pointless' or 'The Chase'

Guest LFD

Which Quiz?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Which Quiz?

• Pointless
    • The Chase
    • Neither - I don't like quiz programmes or I don't get home in time to watch either of them

Yesterday's The Chase was a joke. They had 100k and got 24 in the final round but still got caught. The Chaser's questions were laughably easy. A 5 year old could have answered most of them.

I seen that too, something doesnt sit right with me about this programmes. Gotta be in cahoots in some way.

I used to like the chase, but I feel like they are trying too hard to put funny questions/answers in there to make Bradley Walsh pretend to crease up.

Think the first one was genuine with fanny chmelar and everyone thought is was hilarious and posted clips everywhere, so now they try and force it. Does my nut in.

• 1 month later...

Bittersweet defeat of the Chaser tonight.

Single player beat The Beast. She battered him by about 5 steps in the cash builder. Stuck with her £5k, but could've easily bagged the £100k he offered her.

I think I'd actually be gutted.

Got enough to buy her parents a nice holiday though...
  • Upvote 1

The worst post on the forum.

So, let's say you're last to go, there's £40,000 in the pot from previous players, you get 4 questions right and get offered -£4,000 or whatever, are you seriously telling me you're going to care about a few people you don't know and who you'll never see again potentially winning a grand less than they would have, especially given you getting through gives the whole team an advantage anyway?! 

So, let's say you're last to go, there's £40,000 in the pot from previous players, you get 4 questions right and get offered -£4,000 or whatever, are you seriously telling me you're going to care about a few people you don't know and who you'll never see again potentially winning a grand less than they would have, especially given you getting through gives the whole team an advantage anyway?!

It's about heaving some self respect and not taking away a percentage of what others have earned.

If you answer all the questions correctly in the final, it'll have been the best decision for everyone.

Exactly and an extra step too to add to your final score.

I auditioned for the Chase 2 years ago and got through to the final stages and had to go to ITV studios for the last bit but never heard anything after that even after being told I had been selected by the panel and was now down to the producers whether or not I’d be on

It's about heaving some self respect and not taking away a percentage of what others have earned.

It's a game show. 

What if the other contestants are fine with it? Even the chasers regularly say it's the correct thing to do. It won't always be the right thing to do, it depends in the circumstances but I wouldn't have any problem with anyone who did what I said in the above example. In fact, I'd think they're daft if they didn't.

I'd prefer a good chance of winning 12k, than a slight chance of winning 13k.

You aren't leeching at all.

If your happy that's fair enough I would rather lose than take a minus,if someone hasn't put a few bob inand thay take a cut of the other contestants money that's leeching off them in my opinion.