You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

Sturridge has been looking slightly out of sorts for a couple of games now.  Maybe a 10 day breather will help him.  Norwich would much rather it was Suarez out injured though !  But Kal is right, the Norwich game is all that matters for now.  If Sturridge isn't properly ready, with it being a hamstring and all, he shouldn't play a part.  Someone else gets a chance to shine.

Rodgers confirmed Daniel Sturridge's fitness will be assessed in the coming days after a scan revealed the striker is carrying a minor hamstring strain.

"He may struggle for the weekend," Rodgers said. "It's not too serious and won't keep him out for too many weeks, but he may be out for the weekend.

"At this moment in time we're just assessing him and seeing how he goes because he does recover very quickly."

I saw a quote form Dean that he was deffo crocked for the Norwich game and may miss Chelsea. Rodgers putting a positive spin on it probably. Just as long as we don't get any other

problems at the weekend we'll be ok

I don't like the noises coming out about the injury, best case sounds like he is pushing to be fit for the Chelsea game.

I cant remember too many good outcomes when players normally say them kind of things, they either don't make it or play when they shouldn't letting heart rule their head.

Time for someone who hasn't been playing to stand up and be counted.

I'd settle for him only missing Norwich. He'd be a huge loss against Chelsea.

Luis always steps up when Sturridge isnt present. He's due a big game with goals to his name. I'm more concerned with Hendo out for 3.

Its scenarios like this, where BR earns his salary.

• 4 weeks later...

The Premier League have credited the second goal on Monday night to Damien Delaney as an own goal:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/may/goal-accreditations-for-2013-14.html

Hard to tell if the ball was going to go wide before the deflection, certainly not an obvious one. You'd think they'd give the benefit to the attacker wouldn't you?

How the fuck could they do that yet they give the Palace first goal to Delaney?

Sturridges shot looked like it was on target anyway whereas Delaneys was from 25-30 yards away?

I could be wrong by the way as I haven't watched it since nor have any wish to ever watch those goals again

• 7 years later...
30 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A time machine to bring back 2014 Studge would be nice (although, if we had a time machine, he wouldn't be anywhere near the front of the queue).

He wouldn’t be too far away for me. He had more polished technique compared to Owen and Torres, and he was just as quick… he just had horrible issues with injuries

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

After a tough 18 months of lockdowns, restrictions, illnesses, grieving, loss and all the other things associated with COVID, including the absolute fucking state football without fans was, talk of Sturridge coming back on a free even as a joke is enough to single-handedly sink The Samaritans as a service. From back-to-back Champions League and Premier League champions to that sort of talk is brutal.

For me, Sturridge is one of the most natural goalscorers Ive ever seen in a red shirt. I dont get the general reticence towards him. Id take Sturridge on a strict pay as you play contract and not mega money either especially if Origi ships out to Turkey. As far as Im aware he wouldnt break any quotas for the PL or CL as he'd qualify as home grown.

• Upvote 1

He could never stay fit years ago ... chances of him staying fit at 33 and when he has hardly played football for ages are beyond remote.

His tweets declaring how 'fit' and 'good' he feels mean nothing, prancing around in private training sessions with personal trainers is a very, very different proposition to training with a top PL club and playing PL football matches....he couldn't cope with it years ago, he won't cope with it now.

Let him waste some other clubs time and money.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Pay as you play no base wage or fuck off!

Yep I agree with this. Even if we get 4/5 games out of him fit off the bench he's better than Origi. 

Mind you, I'm still reeling from us letting Lee Griffiths go to Dundee on loan and not nabbing him