You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

Sturridge was a very good striker, and scored some fabulous goals for us, before something in his head, and other parts of his body, changed/broke and that meant he was rarely deemed fit enough to play afterwards.

His partnership with Luis Suarez was electric but too short lived.

It’s a crying shame he didn’t have more of a career than he has, but his best days are gone, and even if he were to play on a pay per game basis, I doubt he’d add to the squad we have currently, sadly.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep I agree with this. Even if we get 4/5 games out of him fit off the bench he's better than Origi. 

Mind you, I'm still reeling from us letting Lee Griffiths go to Dundee on loan and not nabbing him 

Origi is a disgrace really he doesn’t even make an effort surely they can dock him wages or something. Watched a thing on LFCTV a while back Firmino and Alisson guessing players names on paper on their foreheads, Alissons turn and Firmino just says ‘ Lazy ‘ and Alisson says. ‘ Divock ‘

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

For me, Sturridge is one of the most natural goalscorers Ive ever seen in a red shirt. I dont get the general reticence towards him. Id take Sturridge on a strict pay as you play contract and not mega money either especially if Origi ships out to Turkey. As far as Im aware he wouldnt break any quotas for the PL or CL as he'd qualify as home grown.

Did you not see;

Rush

Fowler

Owen

Torres

Suarez? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Yes, of course I did. I also saw Roger Hunt, St John, Keegan and The King. What's your point, that Sturridge isnt a natural goalscorer or you just have a dislike of the lad because he picked up injuries?

That he was never a more natural goal scorer than any of those players listed. 

Thought that was obvious. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

That he was never a more natural goal scorer than any of those players listed. 

Thought that was obvious. 

Well then you're fucking blind and cant read because I said 'one of' and even Klopp acknowledge what a player he was when fit. And he didnt even insinuate Sturridge was a 'shit house' either.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Well then you're fucking blind and cant read because I said 'one of' and even Klopp acknowledge what a player he was when fit. And he didnt even insinuate Sturridge was a 'shit house' either.

Well ‘one of’ when you’re in a bracket below at least 5 players isn’t saying shit. 

There’s a difference between pain and real

pain???

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Well ‘one of’ when you’re in a bracket below at least 5 players isn’t saying shit. 

There’s a difference between pain and real

pain???

Im sure Jurgen was frustrated at Sturridge's fitness as were most of us. I think Jurgen was wrong to call out one of his players like that, perhaps it was his frustration showing through. That doesnt equate to him saying Sturridge was a shit house though.

Just because his body couldnt handle the pressure of the PL doesnt mean he isnt a natural goalscorer. Plenty of other players have found their bodies incapable of standing up to the rigours of the PL, Dan Agger is another. Doesnt take away from him being an excellent defender though.

What would truly warm the cockles would be another couple of years discussion in which one side of the debate pretends people who don’t think Sturridge’s fitness is reliable enough - imagine still having to type an understatement as enormous as that about the lad in 2021, because people are fucking tedious enough to want to do this again - lack the same rarified eye for spotting footballing talent or somehow despise him as a man.

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

For me, Sturridge is one of the most natural goalscorers Ive ever seen in a red shirt. I dont get the general reticence towards him. Id take Sturridge on a strict pay as you play contract and not mega money either especially if Origi ships out to Turkey. As far as Im aware he wouldnt break any quotas for the PL or CL as he'd qualify as home grown.

That would be an unbelievably cheap deal. Nothing on a transfer fee and probably nothing on wages either!

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im sure Jurgen was frustrated at Sturridge's fitness as were most of us. I think Jurgen was wrong to call out one of his players like that, perhaps it was his frustration showing through. That doesnt equate to him saying Sturridge was a shit house though.

Just because his body couldnt handle the pressure of the PL doesnt mean he isnt a natural goalscorer. Plenty of other players have found their bodies incapable of standing up to the rigours of the PL, Dan Agger is another. Doesnt take away from him being an excellent defender though.

Everyone was frustrated with his fitness, some even just thought he was a lazy shithouse cunt. 

When has Klopp ever come remotely close to saying anything like that about any other player? 

Sturridge was a very good forward, he was exactly what we wanted and needed to start with and was excellent for us. 

He was never a ‘natural finisher’ though, certainly not the way I’d deem that phrase anyway.