You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

[YOUTUBE]AjPau5QYtYs[/YOUTUBE]

Admittedly my lyrics are fucking awful but I'd love to hear a song for him based on that tune.

He can dance if he wants to.

He will leave your defenders behind.

You've not got a chance.

It's time for his dance.

Daniel Sturridge scores all of the time.

Admittedly my lyrics are fucking awful but I'd love to hear a song for him based on that tune.

You've not got a chance.

It's time for his dance.

Perfect.

Has to be a song to the tune of oh Danny boy someone needs to come up with the lyrics though !

Oh Danny Boy,

The Kop, The Kop is calling,

From Walton Breck,

And down the Anfield Road,

Torres has gone,

And now you're in the first team,

Oh Danny Boy,

Come on score us a goal,

But Come ye back,

When Luis is suspended,

Or when,

Borini stubs his toe,

The Kop will sing,

There's only Danny Sturridge,

Oh Danny Boy, Oh Danny Boy,

He's just a gigolo...

If Sturridge can spread his good vibes and lack of pressure, and lack of ego, across the team then how is he not a good role model and inspiration for the team?

Because we're so used to a captain who plays with a scowl on his face like he's being told to lick dog shit from a broken light bulb?

Such a burden being asked to wear an armband and play association football and be paid £140,000 every seven days, he must be at his lowest ebb. Just gets in the way of Adidas adverts and buying cars.

Are you seriously having a pop at one of the greatest players in the 121 years of this club, just because his interview persona is not exactly a cross between Timmy Mallett and Kris Akabussi? Have a word with yourself!

Very strange this attempt of yours to downplay Sturridge. We bought him in January. It is now September. His strike rate has been the same since the minute he walked through the door. Not only that, his strike rate was unbelievable before we even bought him.

Er, no Ive been a big fan of his since the youth team showings for Man City and Ive followed him closely. Im aware he is a good player, in fact Ive been surprised the way his career has gone, however he's always been an ace finisher from all angles, since he came through at City he's had a questionable attitude, since he's been with us he's answered settled better but he still needs to do it over two seasons consistently to get the sort of premature praise he is getting now. He's certainly capable but I think people need to take his cock out their mouth and keep it in perspective.

He is nowhere near the level of Fowler, Owen, Torres or Suarez, that much is clear, he could be in a few years mind, hes had a great start thats also clear, however some of the people in here going crazy and slitting their own mothers throats to show how good he is need to get a grip.

Those players all terrorised top teams, goals against shite are all good and well, lets see if he can bang a hat trick in against the mancs or someone before he gets compared to true legends. It dont make me negative thats total bollocks I know more about Daniel Sturridge than most on here and did before he came, the last thing he needs to have this sort of hype and comparisons to players like the above thinkin he's made it, he's on his way but needs to keep his head down.

Hes done fuck all yet and has a lot to learn.

So he didn't do well at Bolton or Chelsea when given the chance?

Yeah but then he's a very 'gifted' footballer, its his attitude thats been in question during those times, understandably so given the hype since a youngster placed on him at City but hoping he is or has grown out of that and realised the important things and sacrifices that have to be made.

Given how aware I actually am and have been of his 'talent' I have a higher bar for him to jump than others.

I don't think people complementing Sturridge on The Liverpool Way Football Forum is going to have a derogatory effect on his performances.

His goals to minutes on the pitch at Man City and Chelsea were excellent, especially considering that he played out wide a lot. At Liverpool he compares to anybody in the history of the club when it comes to goals per minutes on the pitch. Nobody is claiming he is the world's best player, but at the same time, it would be remiss not to comment on how excellent he has been so far.

I think he could go on to score A LOT of goals for Liverpool. It's not like he's been fluking chances, he can score in a range of different ways and although he might not continue at .8 goals per game or whatever it is, I do believe he'll have continued success - regardless of whether people on here brag him up or not.

Obviously comes as no suprise he was one of the 104 lunatics that voted against his signing.

People that shout the loudest usually know the least, the best posters on here are usually the ones that post rarely and don't get involved in the bullshit, the worst posters are the ones like Dennis that are on here day in day out regurgitatating the same old shouty bollocks.

105 If you count Rodgers turning him down last summer!

His song is and should be:

Danny Danny Sturidge Do Wanna Dance

Danny Danny Danny Danny Do Wanna Dance

Danny Danny Sturidge Danny Do Wanna Dance

Do you waaannnaaaaa Daaa -an-nce.

(Beach Boys Do you wanna dance)

Nah, Ramones version, dead dead fast.

You've not got a chance.

It's time for his dance.

The Kop belting something like this out while Sturridge dances to the crowd would be fantastic!

He's joined the England squad ahead of the world cup qualification game against Moldova. Fuck, I was hoping he would stay at melwood so he could be100 % fit for the Swansea game.

England are desparate and he is the inform England (possibly most inform striker full stop) in the country.

Annoying they are taking a patently unfit striker even though England are largly to blame he is unfit in the first place.

England are desparate and he is the inform England (possibly most inform striker full stop) in the country.

Annoying they are taking a patently unfit striker even though England are largly to blame he is unfit in the first place.

He is the English striker who has the best form in the league at the moment. Rooney isn't fully fit either so they don't have many options. And yes, they're to blame for his lack of fitness in the first place. Cunts.

The club should have been pulling him out. Not a chance you'd see the mancs sending an unfit striker on international duty. Need to be much stronger with the cunts here.

I hope Ukraine destroy England.

I fully agree. I'm surprised they didn't actually. It's insane to risk him getting injured once again playing for England. I'll shove Woys big nose up his arse if Sturridge gets injured.

He's joined the England squad ahead of the world cup qualification game against Moldova.

I can't help thinking that was a huge mistake on our part to let him go. If he gets injured, particularly after the start he's had and with Suarez' ban still in place, the focal point of our attack won't be there any more. Bad, bad move this!

Guaranteed that hodgson will play him for the full 90 if he can get away with it. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind him picking up an injury for a month or so, especially after not getting the seat he wanted on Sunday.

Exactly! The arl cunt would love this. Play Sturridge, get a result, he gets injured in the process ("karma" in his eyes for not letting him have his cushty seat in the directors box) - a win-win for the incompetent wanker.

Ultimately though, it is our fault for letting him go - we should really learn a thing or two from the mancs in that respect. I hope against hope that he pulls up before the Moldova game with a "thigh strain" or something minor so that he could return back to us in time.