You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He should be our number one target, with big wages if necessary, this winter. He scores and creates shit loads, is rapid, and he's young.

It would not be like Arsenal and Wenger to just give up on 8m like that.

I imagine they will try and bolster their attacking options in January as well and if they are resigned to loosing him in the summer i dont see why they would hold on to him. Unless they consider him key to reaching top 4.

If that is coming from Ayres it probably means he's off to Spuds 1st January.

Don't mind if it's Sturridge, Walcott or Robbie coming out of retirement as long as we get a striker who won't spend most of his time on the bench or the physios room and we get one quickly when the window opens

there is no way West Ham will pay 17million for Carroll if it isn't actually part of the deal if they stay up

he'll end up back at Newcastle for about 7 million

I fucking detest Newcastle, I wouldn't sell him back there on fucking principle alone. Fuck both of the useless no-mark cunts.

Aint no way anyone is offering above £8m for the lad, even then we'd be committing daylight robbery on someone. His value goes down by the month, he's utterly fucking awful at football. I'm sure Stoke might offer us £5m.

Glad to hear that the potential Walcott deal isn't completely dead. We would look very strong indeed with Sterling, Borini, Suarez, Assaidi, Sturridge, Ince and Walcott as our attacking options.

Much stronger at least.

Looking at the top sides and what really seperates them from the rest consistently, more than anything else it is their attacking players. The top three or four sides have about 4 players each who are all consistently scoring or creating goals, where as we have one.

Andy Heaton ‏@Andrew_Heaton

Seems to have been a breakthrough on the Sturridge deal, medical booked in tomorrow apparently.

Is this guy reliable?

Now he does the anfield wrap he probably has to be more sure before he gives out rumors. He needs a cough sweet though.

Y'know what, I give the Sturridge signing my blessing as long as we give defenders another player to worry about other than Suarez it's an improvement.

Fucki you apple, I typed Sturridge not tater ridges.

Andy Heaton þ@Andrew_Heaton

Seems to have been a breakthrough on the Sturridge deal, medical booked in tomorrow apparently.

Is this guy reliable?

Chelsea are home to Villa in the 4pm kick off tomorrow.

I can't see them giving him the day off completely or letting him travel up after the game when the transfer window isn't even open yet.

Smells like bullshit to me.

I wish I could find the pass Sturridge did for England during the Olympics, one of the best passes I've seen in a live game, any level, it was brilliant.

I'm pretty sure it was vs South Korea, just can't find a full game recording of it anywhere on the net that I've looked so far. If I could find the full game then I'd look for the pass to show you.

I think he's a great attacker, but I'm just a bit non-plussed as to why he hasn't got more of a game at Chelsea. It can't ALL be about Abramovich persisting with Torres, surely.

Seems a level-headed kid as well, I don't see where all these egotistical rumours came from.

I wish I could find the pass Sturridge did for England during the Olympics, one of the best passes I've seen in a live game, any level, it was brilliant.

I'm pretty sure it was vs South Korea, just can't find a full game recording of it anywhere on the net that I've looked so far. If I could find the full game then I'd look for the pass to show you.

I think he's a great attacker, but I'm just a bit non-plussed as to why he hasn't got more of a game at Chelsea. It can't ALL be about Abramovich persisting with Torres, surely.

Seems a level-headed kid as well, I don't see where all these egotistical rumours came from.

Maybe these rumours are born from the fact he doesnt respect the ugly hierarchy at Chelsea where certain players think they run the club (and probably do). I hope that's the case anyway!

Chelsea are home to Villa in the 4pm kick off tomorrow.

I can't see them giving him the day off completely or letting him travel up after the game when the transfer window isn't even open yet.

Smells like bullshit to me.

For someone not getting a look in, the game tomorrow won't really matter.

Anyways, we've been here before when he appeared on the bench for the Super cup in August, so lets wait and see.

Liverpool set to sign £12m Sturridge after agent cash row is resolved

By John Edwards

PUBLISHED: 16:21, 22 December 2012 | UPDATED: 16:21, 22 December 2012

Liverpool believe they have resolved the cash wrangle over Daniel Sturridge’s proposed move to Anfield and expect to confirm that a deal has been agreed in the next 48 hours.

The £12million-plus transfer was in danger of collapsing after Liverpool took exception to agents’ demands over sell-on fees and threatened to pull out.

But Sportsmail understands agreement has been reached over the terms of the 23-year old Chelsea frontrunner’s departure from Stamford Bridge to reinforce a depleted Liverpool strike force.

Sportsmail first revealed Liverpool’s pursuit of Sturridge at the end of August.

Liverpool set to sign Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea | Mail Online

Yes I know it's the Mail...

DANIEL STURRIDGE is set to undergo a medical tomorrow as he prepares to make a £12million move to Liverpool FC.

The Reds are ready to complete the deal with Chelsea after a dispute with the striker's representatives was resolved.

It emerged earlier this week that a fee had been agreed with the Londoners for the 23-year-old frontman but there was a problem over the cash demands of his agent.

Player Stats — Daniel Sturridge

GeneralAttackDefenceDistributionDiscipline

Games Played

Minutes Played

Starts

Interceptions

Substitution On

Substitution Off

Duels Won

42.1%42.1%

Aerial duels won

0%0%

LFC boss Brendan Rodgers was always confident the issues would be sorted out but warned the club wouldn't be held to ransom.

He was prepared to walk away from the deal and had lined up Paris Saint Germain striker Kevin Gameiro as an alternative option.

However, an agreement has now been reached and Sturridge is expected on Merseyside on Sunday to have his medical.

It's unlikely there will be any official confirmation of Sturridge's move to Anfield until after the transfer window opens on January 1.

Sturridge, who has four England caps, has scored 24 goals in 49 starts and 47 substitute appearances since his arrival from Manchester City in the summer of 2009.

He enjoyed a successful loan spell at Bolton in the 2010/11 season when he netted eight times in 12 games.

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/12/22/daniel-sturridge-to-have-liverpool-fc-medical-ahead-of-12m-transfer-100252-32482239/#ixzz2Foge3FzK