You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

Liverpool negotiating with Chelsea over Daniel Sturridge transfer, although £80,000-a-week 'demands' are dismissed - Transfers - Football - The Independent

Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge wants to make a January exit from Stamford Bridge - with Liverpool his first-choice destination.

A number of clubs are understood to be interested in the striker but Liverpool and Chelsea have begun talks over a £15m deal and Sturridge has set his sights on a move to Anfield reports the Evening Standard.

The 23-year-old, who joined from Manchester City for £6.5m in 2009, has become increasingly frustrated over his lack of starts up front and hopes a deal with the Reds will be agreed.

There have been reports that Sturridge has demanded £80,000-a-week to join the Reds, as well as guarantees over a starting role, however the striker's representatives have denied this.

"Daniel Sturridge does not conduct his business in public," they said.

"He also does not make demands in any negotiation, with regards to salary or his playing position.

"Any contract between a club and a player has to be based on mutual agreement."

The former City trainee has scored 24 goals in 95 appearances for the Blues - five more than rival Fernando Torres from 90 games - but has been mostly played out wide on the right flank.

His form has been good enough to earn four England caps and he also played up front for the Great Britain Olympic team in the summer.

Sturridge has started just two games for Chelsea this season due to a persistent hamstring injury but has conceded he will never be given a chance to be first-choice striker. Torres has been consistently picked ahead of him since joining for a British record £50m from Liverpool last year, even though he has failed to impress.

Chelsea are growing impatient over Torres but are expected to try to sign another big-name forward such as Atletico Madrid's Radamel Falcao or Napoli's Edinson Cavani rather than give Sturridge a run in the side.

The club are prepared to let him go in January as his contract runs out in 2014 and with him not expected to agree a new one, it is the last window where they can command a large fee.

That will help them raise funds to buy a replacement, especially as it appears Romelu Lukaku will not be recalled from his season's loan at West Brom.

Lukaku, who started just four games for Chelsea last season after joining from Anderlecht for £18m, has scored five goals for Steve Clarke's side.

Chelsea have an option to take him back in January but coach Rafael Benitez said: "It's maybe best for him to stay there where he is playing games for now, as it will be better for his future development."

Has a bad reputation in the dressing room, but has something to prove, younger than Darren Bent too.

I'm sorry but how on earth would you know? You'd have to be a right cunt to stand out as a dickhead in the same dressing room as John Terry and Ashley Cole. I just don't see it tbh. Being frustrated at not getting a fair chance is different to having a bad attitude. Seems like people just putting 2+2 together and coming up with potato.

If anybody can correct me and prove he has a history of being a dick then I'm willing to change my stance

We don't desperately need homegrown players anymore so 15m seems a bit steep. And you can forget 80k a week. Just not really sure about him. He'd probably get us goals but is he a team player?

Point is do we need a team player or a goal poacher?

If the striker we bring in can bang them in side by side with Suarez, who is a team player, then I will be happy if he was a bit greedy.

Also, I agree with moof.

How do we know he's got a bad rep in the dressing room? What I don't get is how Torres continues to play before he does if he's even a tenth of what he's made out to be.

Whatever talent he has, this seems more the kind of boy/man he is - surely we have to know everything there is to make a decision. Just can't see this lad in a Liverpool shirt.

I think he'd be a good addition should be able to hit the ground running straight away which is what we need. The big issue we have is we are not as attractive as we were when we signed Torres & Masch etc. We have to get back in the Champions League and I think he would get goals and assists for us.

I'm sorry but how on earth would you know? You'd have to be a right cunt to stand out as a dickhead in the same dressing room as John Terry and Ashley Cole. I just don't see it tbh. Being frustrated at not getting a fair chance is different to having a bad attitude. Seems like people just putting 2+2 together and coming up with potato.

If anybody can correct me and prove he has a history of being a dick then I'm willing to change my stance

I thought he was a bit of a dick to City when he left them (circumstances similar to whats meant to be happening with Sterling now, although I reckon the Sterling stuff is a load of bollocks and he will sign the deal on his 18th)

I think he'd be a good addition should be able to hit the ground running straight away which is what we need. The big issue we have is we are not as attractive as we were when we signed Torres & Masch etc. We have to get back in the Champions League and I think he would get goals and assists for us.

Even at 15 million?

I'm a no thanks on this. Seems like he's a huge ego with a bit of an attitude and I've not been impressed by him any time I've seen him play. I'd prefer Shane Long and that's saying something.

How many times you watched him cos he not got a bad scoring record for his age ?

As for bad Attitude goes, who the fuck can say its all speculation.

I would love it if he had a ego ! We need players with ego's. So many of our players ain't got the balls to put on a display in front of our home crowd they shit it.

We won't get ba ffs he will go to the mancs prob or arsenal.

Not to mention after the last transfer we got off them and the way the GM talked about us do you think we should ever do business with them cunty McCunts.

Its not a shop whereby if you get a bad purchase you dont go back. Ba might not want to go to us, I'm just saying I'd prefer him.