You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paco

------------------------------------Reina--------------------------------------

Wisdom---------------Skrtel----------------Carra-------------------Enrique

-----------------------------------Allen---------------------------------------

--------------------Shelvey------------------Henderson--------------------

Suso----------------------------Suarez------------------------------Assaidi

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------------------------------------Reina--------------------------------------

Wisdom---------------Skrtel----------------Carra-------------------Enrique

-----------------------------------Allen---------------------------------------

--------------------Shelvey------------------Henderson--------------------

Suso----------------------------Suarez------------------------------Assaidi

I'd be happy with that (perhaps Coates for Skrtel)

Allen, Skrtel, Reina, and Enrique are all too valuable to even make the trip, IMO.

we're already leaving out GJ, Agger, Gerrard, sterling and Lucas. I can't believe he will leave all 9 first team regulars out.

at this stage we want to qualify for the knock out stages don't we?

I'm sure BR wants to go as far as possible to get more european experience.

I'd like us to win something this season also.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Is this 'guess what Rodgers might do' or 'what would I do'? I've no idea what he might do, but I'd not risk Allen, Enrique or Skrtel. I'd much sooner play Sahin, Robinson and Coates over those three. We've already got Suarez and Assaidi up top.

I do want us to do well in the competition, but we've not really got the squad. I'd concentrate on West Ham and hope for the best.

Is this 'guess what Rodgers might do' or 'what would I do'? I've no idea what he might do, but I'd not risk Allen, Enrique or Skrtel. I'd much sooner play Sahin, Robinson and Coates over those three. We've already got Suarez and Assaidi up top.

I do want us to do well in the competition, but we've not really got the squad. I'd concentrate on West Ham and hope for the best.

it's a bit of both.

yeah I think sahin will definitely play. how could I have forgotten him....

We' should play our strongest team against these lot. Rodgers get it dead wrong playing a week side against YBs the other week. We're better off tryin to win this cup than trying to get 4 th in the league cos that just ain't happening in my opinion.

Well, I totally disagree with that.

Sound. I no what you are sayin like but I just recon we should go shit or bust in the Europa cup coz its out best chance of a cup.

Weed end up gettin snotted by west ham even if we put our best team out. We just seem shit in the league at the moment especially as Suarez is out with his ban.

Can we really afford to take the europa cup seriously? Our squad is major thin with only one recognised striker. Athletico got £8.5m for winning the Europa cup, hardly worth it financially either. We have 3 winnable games coming up against west ham, villa and fulham. We win that and with the form of the teams above us could see us jump into the top 6 at least. Sorry but fuck the europa cup, i'd play the 2nd stringers and suarez as he's suspended.

-----------------------jones--------------------

wisdom --------carra---------coates------ robbo

----------------------hendo--------------------

------------Sahin-------------suso-------------

------downing--------suarez-------assaidi--------

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Weed end up gettin snotted by west ham even if we put our best team out.

I don't agree with that at all. We've got a chance if we play our own game.

Can we really afford to take the europa cup seriously? Our squad is major thin with only one recognised striker. Athletico got £8.5m for winning the Europa cup, hardly worth it financially either. We have 3 winnable games coming up against west ham, villa and fulham. We win that and with the form of the teams above us could see us jump into the top 6 at least. Sorry but fuck the europa cup, i'd play the 2nd stringers and suarez as he's suspended.

That's a mental line up, Downing should never play for us again.

I disagree, we've got this close let's put all our efforts in getting the win on Thursday. If that was our policy from the outset then fair enough, but it hasn't been. Rodgers has, rightly so IMO, taken this competition seriously.

Thsi game's more important than West Ham, it really is. I don't buy all this we can't "risk" players stuff. We can't risk not playing them as we need to win this game to go through in this group and going through in this group puts a totally different spin on our whole season IMO, whereas the West Ham is just another away league game in a season in which we're detined to finish about 7th or 8th anyway.

Thsi game's more important than West Ham, it really is. I don't buy all this we can't "risk" players stuff. We can't risk not playing them as we need to win this game to go through in this group and going through in this group puts a totally different spin on our whole season IMO, whereas the West Ham is just another away league game in a season in which we're detined to finish about 7th or 8th anyway.

Exactly.

I go along with this being a much bigger game than West Ham. Playing European football is part and parcel of playing for us, when a year out of Europe becomes 2, 3 and so on then before you know it we're on a crap co-efficient for future seeding, foreign players don't consider us and the reputation of the club declines. We need to maintain our presence on the European stage even if we arnt dining at the top table right now.

I am still a bit miffed by Brendan's team for the Young Boys game.

We could have taken a shadow team for this.

Yeah it was a suprise , was sure he would put out a strong team and get it done and dusted and not leave us in this exact situation , though to be fair the team that night was good enough and should of had it wrapped up at half time.

Its a blessing in a way that Suarez picked up the 5th yellow when he did, couldn't really of timed it better.

We don't have to play in this competition until the new year after this and with the transfer window coming soon it would be better to be in Europe if for that reason only.

-------------Reina-----------

----Coates--Skrtel--Agger----

------------Lucas------------

Johnson---------------Enrique

---------Allen---Sahin--------

------Shelvey----Suarez------

Not sure if Lucas will be fit to play and even though I'd prefer to drop Allen, Gerrard needs a break and Henderson is unreliable at his best.

Can't help but feel like others that we missed a trick with the team we put out in the last round. I was wondering if it was the Swansea game that weekend the manager had his eye on and now we may pay the price for it.

I'm not sure about having Johnson, Agger and Skrtel all playing in this match. I'd rest Sterling. I don't know if Lucas is at that level of fitness where he can play 3 90-min matches with 2/3 days recovery in between. Save him for West Ham as I do think that winning consecutive premier league matches is important. I would bring Gerrard and have him come on if we're in need of a goal. I expect Downing will start.

-------------Reina-----------

Wisdom---Coates---Carra--Enrique

------------Allen-----------

--Shelvey---Sahin/Gerrard---Downing--

-------Suarez--Assaidi-----