You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paco

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite old fashioned.... Best eleven who are fit. Win the game then assess the players for the next one. I know this will never happen again

I'm with you fella. Rogers is ok in my book but he dropped a bollock playing a weaker side in our last home game. It means he's got to put a full strength team out now and to win away from home and i rekon we might get done over here Bad decision in my book bit Nieve like. Hopefully he'll learn though.

Gerrard is out with illness, and Lucas and Agger have been rested. Suarez has travelled and is expected to start. Carragher expected to start with Skrtel so it looks like Coates has dropped to 4th choice. Not entirely sure what he did wrong to now get no playing time, but Carra has also been good when called on so if you have the shirt you should keep it.

Udinese already out, wonder what team they will put out their next game isn't till Monday.

Liverpool are ahead of Young Boys in second place on head-to-head record and would qualify for the Europa League knockout stage with a win. A draw would also take them through, provided that the Swiss side do not win at home against qualified Anzhi and overtake the Reds on points.

The Reds would be out with a defeat at the Stadio Friuli, even if Young Boys lose, as the Swiss side would then be top of a three-way head-to-head involving both Liverpool and Udinese.

Gerrard is out with illness, and Lucas and Agger have been rested. Suarez has travelled and is expected to start. Carragher expected to start with Skrtel so it looks like Coates has dropped to 4th choice. Not entirely sure what he did wrong to now get no playing time, but Carra has also been good when called on so if you have the shirt you should keep it.

badly at fault for the anzhi goal away wasn't he? did he play against swansea in the league cup as well?

not really an error that bad he should be out the reckoning for a bit though was it?

and for all the talk about Carra playing well, he has been solid and a hell of an improvement on second half of last year Carra but he hasn't exactly been brilliant or anything and I'd still have Coates ahead of him

Anyone going over for this? I couldn't justify spending the dough just before christmas looking at that weather I'm half tempted to start looking for flights' date=' any spares??[/quote']

Over in Venice now,decided to make a week of it haven't got a ticket though,might just take a trip up early to the stadium tomorrow and get a home ticket,they defiantly won't sell out.

The plane over was empty,they will be plenty of cheap last minute deals about.

Over in Venice now,decided to make a week of it haven't got a ticket though,might just take a trip up early to the stadium tomorrow and get a home ticket,they defiantly won't sell out.

The plane over was empty,they will be plenty of cheap last minute deals about.

Flying out from Birmingham in the morning. Day in Udine and next day in Venice and fly back Saturday night. Molto bene!! Ciao!!

“This has been my first opportunity to work in Europe as a manager and I, along with my staff and players, have enjoyed every minute of it,” he said.

“We all want to qualify. I am not crying that we have got games on a Thursday and a Sunday. I think it has been brilliant.

“I have really enjoyed travelling and seeing our supporters come with us. If we can get through, it would be brilliant.

“I would be bitterly disappointed if we don’t get through. I have understood where are priorities are but this is a club that is steeped in the traditions of Europe. The club has had a terrific association with European football.

“The Europa League is a great tournament. Everyone wants to be in the Champions League but if you asked the Liverpool players and supporters back in 2001 when they won it ‘did you enjoy it?’, well, I’m sure they did.

“If we can qualify, it would be terrific achievement considering everything that went on at the beginning of the season. We can then push on into next year.

“We want to stay in it for as long as possible. It’s important for us in our present and our future that we have as much involvement in the latter stages of these competitions as we can because this is what this great history is all about.”

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/12/06/udinese-v-liverpool-fc-preview-brendan-rodgers-keen-to-uphold-lfc-s-reputation-in-europe-with-qualification-100252-32371999/#ixzz2EGU1mFYR

“This has been my first opportunity to work in Europe as a manager and I, along with my staff and players, have enjoyed every minute of it,” he said.

“We all want to qualify. I am not crying that we have got games on a Thursday and a Sunday. I think it has been brilliant.

“I have really enjoyed travelling and seeing our supporters come with us. If we can get through, it would be brilliant.

“I would be bitterly disappointed if we don’t get through. I have understood where are priorities are but this is a club that is steeped in the traditions of Europe. The club has had a terrific association with European football.

“The Europa League is a great tournament. Everyone wants to be in the Champions League but if you asked the Liverpool players and supporters back in 2001 when they won it ‘did you enjoy it?’, well, I’m sure they did.

“If we can qualify, it would be terrific achievement considering everything that went on at the beginning of the season. We can then push on into next year.

“We want to stay in it for as long as possible. It’s important for us in our present and our future that we have as much involvement in the latter stages of these competitions as we can because this is what this great history is all about.”

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/12/06/udinese-v-liverpool-fc-preview-brendan-rodgers-keen-to-uphold-lfc-s-reputation-in-europe-with-qualification-100252-32371999/#ixzz2EGU1mFYR

Last time I heard an inspirational speech like that we went away to stoke and played kuyt up front on his own.

I'll say this for Rodgers, he knows how to push the right buttons, and the message is a good one.

Our worldwide reputation was forged in Europe and doing well in European competition is important.

Why play Carra in a game we have to win, assuming we want to stay in the competition. We don't play the same way with him out there - if anything, we stay much further back in our own end. And what if Udinese decide to play for pride and put their best out there? They'll run rings around Carra.

Has to be Coates - if not, he should be putting in for a transfer.