You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's world class. He sometimes runs forward with the ball and is quick which gives people a hard on but I don't think he's world class. Good player though and easily one of our best.

For me he is in the top 3 right backs in the world. Fuck Maicon.

Hes not as bad in his defensive duties as most people in the footballing world like to make us think !

He likes Bovril in his tea.

He can hit a ball from 40 yards out on his weak foot into top corner off the net every 101st full moon.

Reminds me of Barnes at times with how he can change direction with the ball.

Was short listed to star in goal 2 and told them to fuck off or so I heard which makes his very cool.

Hes not as bad in his defensive duties as most people in the footballing world like to make us think !

He's not, he can defend well.

However he still can make some costly mistakes.

This season alone, off the top of my head:

- Sunderland away, lazy 'challenge'

- Arsenal at home, didn't track Podalski

- Udinese at home, poor first touch and tracking

- Spurs, lazy / poor challenge for their first goal on Bale

But he is probably the best attacking right back in Europe.

He's not, he can defend well.

However he still can make some costly mistakes.

This season alone, off the top of my head:

- Sunderland away, lazy 'challenge'

- Arsenal at home, didn't track Podalski

- Udinese at home, poor first touch and tracking

- Spurs, lazy / poor challenge for their first goal on Bale

But he is probably the best attacking right back in Europe.

Agree, he just seems a little to laid back at times when doing the simple parts of his duties and loses focus. I think personally he is wasted as a full back he would be a starter as RM for most clubs in prem. I really think he be worth giving 2-3 games to see how the dynamics of the team change with him pushing higher up.

On side note you notice he makes less mistakes on the left ? I think it might be because he focuses more as its not natural for him.

On side note you notice he makes less mistakes on the left ? I think it might be because he focuses more as its not natural for him.

Not sure, that Sunderland goal he was on the left and it was a really half arsed challenge. He just dangled a leg out.

I think it is concentration with him, regardless of which side he is on.