You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's the deal with Tom Ince?

RoyHodgeGone

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw him vs Ipswich earlier in the season where he was on fire with 2 goals and 3 assists and then the highlights from yesterday where he scored another two and had one assist.

He's had one and a half season of regular first team football now, so he's bound to have developed a lot. He would not have got the same development here so i'd be glad to see him come back more of a finished player, even though he's still got plenty to improve, under Rodgers i reckon he'd get plenty of games aswell. Hope he comes back.

I haven't seen enough of him so I don't know if he's good enough, or if he'd come back, but he seems to be banging them in, so selling Downing and bringing in Ince seems like a good idea to me.

Probably wouldn't be a massive amount of money either due to the sell on clause.

I haven't seen enough of him so I don't know if he's good enough, or if he'd come back, but he seems to be banging them in, so selling Downing and bringing in Ince seems like a good idea to me.

Probably wouldn't be a massive amount of money either due to the sell on clause.

I havent either, just one game and a bunch of highlights from the Blackpool games, which clearly isnt enough, but i suppose it gives you a hunch. Certainly looks the type of wide forward Rodgers likes though, quick and technically gifted certainly a 'points player' since moving to Blackpool aswell. Walcott, Ince and another good forward would be a great window i think.

If he's as good as they say why on earth did we release him? Surely someone at the club would have realised his talent and convinced TPTB to keep him?

Damien Comolli was in charge of these decisions at the club at the time, in case you've forgotten. I know I've tried to block it out as well.

Anyway, I think he actually would represent very good value. Isn't Zaha being touted at 20 million these days? He hasn't looked any better than Ince IMO. I always thought Ince looked a little selfish in the reserves, and he wasn't a patch on Sterling, but if you're going to score a goal every two games or more as a wide player you can be as selfish as you like.

Guest San Don
Is it a 35% sell on clause or is it 50%. Scored 13 in 18 in the Championship, could be a nice little earner for us if a PL side comes in for him or we could even sign him in a cut price deal. Would you have him back?

Its 35% sell on but black pool will ask us to pay 35% more than other clubs if we want to buy him back so they don't 'lose' out on the deal. Karl Oyston is not a stupid chairman.

Its 35% sell on but black pool will ask us to pay 35% more than other clubs if we want to buy him back so they don't 'lose' out on the deal. Karl Oyston is not a stupid chairman.

I'm not following that.

We've reportedly got a 35% sell on clause.

If a club buys him we get 35%. If we buy him, we get 35% unless we agree to waive the option and sign him for 35% less than stated.

Either way we're getting 35% so their chairman and his preference won't make any difference.

65% of £6m is £3.9m whoever he signs for and that's what Blackpool would get

Guest San Don
I'm not following that.

We've reportedly got a 35% sell on clause.

If a club buys him we get 35%. If we buy him, we get 35% unless we agree to waive the option and sign him for 35% less than stated.

Either way we're getting 35% so their chairman and his preference won't make any difference.

65% of £6m is £3.9m whoever he signs for and that's what Blackpool would get

You're not following it?

You clearly dont know oyston. Oyston's idea is to inflate the fee we would pay by roughly 35% to negate any 'discount' we may be entitled to.

You're not following it?

You clearly dont know oyston. Oyston's idea is to inflate the fee we would pay by roughly 35% to negate any 'discount' we may be entitled to.

So he'll increase the fee other teams would pay too I take it? I see what you're saying, but if we offer more than another team, Blackpool make more. I'd like to think even our negotiators wouldn't pay 35% more than another team..... Oh wait, maybe they would

But why should we wave anything? That doesn't make any sense. We instated that stipulation when we sold him for a reason - that being, if he ever realised his potential and moved on, we would be reimbursed for everything we had invested in him.

Im sick of us getting fucked over by clubs. As long as we match (or slightly better) other offers, Blackpool would have to accept it. Them not accepting it would make absolutely no sense - because even if they sold him to somebody else we'd get paid handsomely!

You're not following it?

There are two factors at play here - first is; Oyston is a difficult man to deal with and plays hardball in his negotiations (which he has every right to)

We on the otherhand, have Ian Ayre........... who'd end up paying £5 for a Mars bar.:wallbutt: