You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 months later...
Contact my mate Marcus - he works for Liverpool Express. here's his FB. Add him and tell him I sent you for your £1,500 advance that he's always blithering on about on Faceaids!

https://www.facebook.com/marcus.perkins.1840?fref=ts

Dodgy them advances.

And the i-pad ones.

And I can't find a Liverpool Express Solicitors. Only a band.

• 1 year later...

Trial finally today. They called 6 witnesses against her. My missus did great against the barrister trying to trip her up.

After their first two completely jigsawed* their barrister hastily made a deal worth more than what we'd offered to settle for in the morning.

Doesn't make up for the experience and pain she went through but means she can have more time off with the baby. Just under 2 year's since this happened but justice done.

*went to pieces in the box

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Trial finally today. They called 6 witnesses against her. My missus did great against the barrister trying to trip her up.

After their first two completely jigsawed* their barrister hastily made a deal worth more than what we'd offered to settle for in the morning.

Doesn't make up for the experience and pain she went through but means she can have more time off with the baby. Just under 2 year's since this happened but justice done.

*went to pieces in the box

Well done to Mrs Paulie and yourself, always nice to see a good ending to this sort of shit. 

Places like that will not be around for long. With the new laws coming in from April, they will be gone within about 6 months.

Aren't these places all about solicitors' negligence though? Seeing if your old claim was under-settled.

Not exactly a promising market, although one of the effects of the April 2013 reforms will be to lead to more undersettlement as claimant firms will have to take on even more cases and allot even more time to them in order to turn  a profit - leading to missed serious injuries. I had a case a few years ago where a claim had almost settled for £7k for a broken wrist about 4 months after the accident until a more senior solicitor looked at it - eventually we got the guy (who was unable to  work in his old job because the wrist didn't unite and he couldn't do the  physical aspects) over £100k.

Under the new system a lot of those cases will slip through the net.

On the flipside I was shunted by the car behind me on Monday morning. When I got home I called my insurers. The woman on the end of the phone is taking my details and then in, what I took as a chatty way, said, 'a collision like that can cause whiplash, how are you feeling?' I said that I was feeling a bit sore and instantly her tone changed and she's straight onto the personal injury claim spiel. This claims malarkey isnt for me but I accepted that things might have worsened over the next 24 hours or so. And indeed my back was p retty uncomfortable when I went to bed but woke up on Tuesday feeeling absolutely fine. The disappointment in the agent's voice when he called later in the morning to begin the application and I told him there was nothing that matter with me was really funny

On the flipside I was shunted by the car behind me on Monday morning. When I got home I called my insurers. The woman on the end of the phone is taking my details and then in, what I took as a chatty way, said, 'a collision like that can cause whiplash, how are you feeling?' I said that I was feeling a bit sore and instantly her tone changed and she's straight onto the personal injury claim spiel. This claims malarkey isnt for me but I accepted that things might have worsened over the next 24 hours or so. And indeed my back was p retty uncomfortable when I went to bed but woke up on Tuesday feeeling absolutely fine. The disappointment in the agent's voice when he called later in the morning to begin the application and I told him there was nothing that matter with me was really funny

There's the irony right there. The insurance companies who complain bout Liam's are the ones that push people into claiming. I have a massive problem with that.