You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

shouter

Yeah your dead right fella. Jealous of someone who produces absolute shite and makes money from it. And yes I am aware of it being set in Birkenhead, but I presume Sampson wrote it based on his experiences on traveling away with liverpool. I admire real talent and don't begrudge anyone who makes money from real talent and ability. These people have neither.

I never watched the film, and won't bother - but the book is good, and so are Powder and Leisure. He has only written one book based on football, and whilst it isn't a patch on the Football Factory (another shite film) I admire anyone who becomes an author. It is incredibly difficult to get published - so to have done so and still maintained a living out of it is something to be admired.

I never watched the film, and won't bother - but the book is good, and so are Powder and Leisure. He has only written one book based on football, and whilst it isn't a patch on the Football Factory (another shite film) I admire anyone who becomes an author. It is incredibly difficult to get published - so to have done so and still maintained a living out of it is something to be admired.

He did Extra Time as well about a season following LFC . It was rereleased a few weeks back .

Extra Time: Amazon.co.uk: Kevin Sampson: Books

Similar to Redmen A Season On The Drink by Jegsy Dodd but earlier .

The film is just bizarre and doesn't seem to have any characterisation at all. Yes the accents are awful but the worst parts are the fact that a gang of scrawny little art student types can get the train down to the midlands and beat the shit out of middle aged bruisers who look like they've shit bigger than some of the Tranmere "crew". There seems to be a subliminal gay storyline between the 2 main characters and they wander round New Brighton and Ellesmere Port like like a pair of gay refugees from the Fools Gold Stone Rosea video.

Haha, brilliant!

This sums it up perfectly for me. Awful, awful film.....one to avoid if you havn't already seen it.

It's all very well giving Sampson and the others shit on here. Why not make contact with them, either via the internet or at the match, to offer your opinion?

Why on earth would anyone do that? Do you write to players everytime they have bad game, just to let them know they were a bit shit? It's an internet forum and if Sampson et al were really bothered about the opinion of anon from Internetshire, then they could just as easily log on here.

anybody seen Green Street 2? Now that is a shit film

The only good thing about that film is the fact that Bennett from Commando is the prison governor. I half expected him to grow back his Freddie mercury muzzie, wear a chain mail vest and say to one of the West ham crew "I love listening to your piss ant chav crew trying to talk tough, if Matrix was here, he would laugh as well"