You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I no longer hate Ronaldo

Red Phoenix

....not that I ever "hated" anyway, but this is really cool :

Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly donates €1.5mn to children in Gaza

Real Madrid iconic forward Cristiano Ronaldo has donated €1.5 million to Palestinian children in Gaza, the Arabic version of the club’s Classico network reports.

The star forward gave his Golden Boot which he earned in 2011 to the Real Madrid foundation. The Spanish giants in their turn sold it at auction and will now donate the funds to schools in Gaza. Cristiano Ronaldo or the Real Madrid Foundation have not commented on the news so far.

According to various reports, the Real Madrid Foundation has helped to build 167 schools in 66 countries.

Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly donates €1.5mn to children in Gaza — RT

I still do.

I bought a big issue and support Amnesty financially, in the grand scheme of things that's what it equates to, ergo still a cunt, albeit a tax deductible, financially savvy one, I can't claim tax back on my charitable donations, cunt.

lol, I give up then.

Was just watching and researching a lot during Israel's latest illegal murdering bombing spree in Gaza, and thought it was really cool to see this.

How would you like rockets fired into your home in Humberside indiscriminately?

Would that be "illegal"?

edit : Ah nm, you're pro-Israel. Ok, how would you like your country taken from you and to be put into an open air prison where you have no army, navy or air force, but you get bombed every so often by a multi-billion dollar a year US funded war machine?

edit 2 : agreed with last poster. and yeah, Israel-Palestine is one of THE classic go around in circles arguments, I'm not going there. All I'll say is : it was the Palestinians land first, and now they're prisoners in it.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Never have done myself. I thought the fact he pissed off the media and about 95% of other fans was quite entertaining; more than that, though, I only have so much time in a day and it felt like it was being wasted hating a pantomime villain like him. Particularly when this league has some real low-lives populating it like Rooney, Terry and the cuntionissimo himself, Ferguson.

If it's true then it's a classy move.

Let's hope they don't spend it on rockets this time :whistle:

Given that Palestinian "education" consists of anti-semitic propoganda from age 3 onwards, that's probably a distinction without a difference.

I think the bits of paper represent the kids who didn't show up because they were killed in attacks.

https://twitter.com/57UN/status/272374733100691456

Was actually looking for something I thought was inspiring, but forgot to save it and found that instead when looking.

Found it. They'll never take their spirit from them :

EhU1v.jpg

Edited by Red Phoenix

Maybe it's an undersubscribed school and the teacher asked them to write their names on the pieces of paper so he/she could get to know them?

Nothing like idle speculation, eh?

Negged! (edit : damn, got to spread it.)

[YOUTUBE]6nQMd_-bZyE[/YOUTUBE]

vdiTD.jpg

(ok, done now. over to the GF if I have more.)

Why is it reported as if he donated, didn't he just donate the golden boot and it was probably bought by some Arab sheikh with his arse full of money?

This!

If I gave my phone to a charity, they auctioned it, and some fucking idiot decided to give €10m for it, I sure as shit didn't donate €10m.