Quantcast
Depression - Page 97 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

3 minutes ago, Ken Robber said:

My mental healths really took a dive during Lockdown. Noticed I was having bouts of anxiety towards the end of May, then finally last weekend something snapped and I found myself on the phone to the samaritans in bits talking suicide. First time in my life that's happened.

Over that wobble but I'm constantly feeling on edge now and trying not to be left on my own for too long in case I have a panic attack.  

The best advice I was ever given was to remember that all setbacks are temporary. This is no exception. 

How did you get on with the samaritans mate?

If you ever feel really low i think Aintree hospital has a psychologist in their A&E. 

And you're totally right with your last point. Negative feelings are temporary, I've had some spectacular lows but they don't last.

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How did you get on with the samaritans mate?

If you ever feel really low i think Aintree hospital has a psychologist in their A&E. 

And you're totally right with your last point. Negative feelings are temporary, I've had some spectacular lows but they don't last.

They were alright. The woman on the other end just encouraged me to speak whatever was on my mind, so it was good that I could blow off steam over what was going on in my head without distressing my family. After about 10 minutes I got my composure back enough to assure her I was calming down and then hung up. 

Never thought to visit a hospital over my depression but I'll keep that in mind, even though a hospital is the last environment I'd want to be in at this time. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Milk said:

No, but my mate who I used to live with had an anxiety dream about a plane flying into our building once, that was apparently so realistic he sprinted out into the street in his pants at 4am and got locked out there because he couldn’t wake me up.

Our brains are out to get us, that’s for sure.

Is your mate called Donnie Darko?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Elite said:

Anyone else ever wake up with totally irrational anxiety? An helicopter woke me up last night and I was terrified it was going to malfunction and crash onto my house. I don't usually worry about shit like that.

Every since Lockerbie I’ve been terrified of planes, helicopters if they come low over my house. One night I jumped out of bed and laid flat in the floor! And this was pre lockdown.
One of the good things about lockdown for me has been the lack of planes.

• Upvote 2

I was diagnosed Bipolar 2 almost 2 years ago now. I had everything in my dreams and lost it all, or rather those I lost didn't accept I was ill. At Christmas last year I was hours away from suicide.

There is much more detail, enough to write a book, but let me just add the recent positives in my life as a message to anyone who feels they are lost and without hope:-

I'm 2 months into a steady job. All is going well.

My divorce is almost complete.

No drink for two weeks, 10 days on Intermittent Fasting diet and 8lbs lost so far. No cigs since Saturday. I even abstained last Thursday and over the weekend and just got high on seeing the unbridled joy around the city. My cheat day is roughly when we will lift a certain trophy.

Met a girl online a week ago and we get on like a house on fire. She's gorgeous. I drove to her town earlier and we walked her dog and chatted. The flirting was top level and her dog loved me too. When it's safe we are meeting up again. When I got home I told her via WhatsApp the entire warts and all story of the last 2 interrupted years of my life. My heart was in my mouth when I said I was diagnosed Bipolar 2 and I asked her 'are you afraid?' She said no and thanked me for my candid honesty. It made my whole week to not be judged.

I'm not manic or hypomanic. I'm calm, considered and rational. No delusions or random spending, racing thoughts etc.

I'm just actually naturally happy for the first time in 2 years.

Stay strong and never give up on yourself.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Vector Sigma said:

I was diagnosed Bipolar 2 almost 2 years ago now. I had everything in my dreams and lost it all, or rather those I lost didn't accept I was ill. At Christmas last year I was hours away from suicide.

There is much more detail, enough to write a book, but let me just add the recent positives in my life as a message to anyone who feels they are lost and without hope:-

I'm 2 months into a steady job. All is going well.

My divorce is almost complete.

No drink for two weeks, 10 days on Intermittent Fasting diet and 8lbs lost so far. No cigs since Saturday. I even abstained last Thursday and over the weekend and just got high on seeing the unbridled joy around the city. My cheat day is roughly when we will lift a certain trophy.

Met a girl online a week ago and we get on like a house on fire. She's gorgeous. I drove to her town earlier and we walked her dog and chatted. The flirting was top level and her dog loved me too. When it's safe we are meeting up again. When I got home I told her via WhatsApp the entire warts and all story of the last 2 interrupted years of my life. My heart was in my mouth when I said I was diagnosed Bipolar 2 and I asked her 'are you afraid?' She said no and thanked me for my candid honesty. It made my whole week to not be judged.

I'm not manic or hypomanic. I'm calm, considered and rational. No delusions or random spending, racing thoughts etc.

I'm just actually naturally happy for the first time in 2 years.

Stay strong and never give up on yourself.

Good stuff , very happy for you mate

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vector Sigma said:

Thanks mate!

My worries as I embark  on my single life , are the knocks you take whilst still at a low ebb might be too hard to endure , pathetic as it mm at seem for a man in his early fifties.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Good stuff , very happy for you mate

My only advice would be to look after you first, second and third. Get yourself in a good frame of mind by any means necessary and things might just naturally fall into place.

Good luck fella.

11 hours ago, Vector Sigma said:

Met a girl online a week ago and we get on like a house on fire. She's gorgeous. I drove to her town earlier and we walked her dog and chatted. The flirting was top level and her dog loved me too. When it's safe we are meeting up again.

Just to add to this, she's married but it's been barren for 5 years and divorce has been on the cards for months before I came on the scene.

Her husband is a die hard, Scouser hating Man Utd supporter. So not only is he having to put up with our victory last week, but his hot ex wife is going to be getting some proper Scouse loving!