You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fair comment, the first line is perhaps a bit sexist. I should have said, many people instead of women.

9/10 then, as it was a damn good post otherwise

I think women put a lot of pressure on other women, more than men sometimes. Facebook, as you mention too, is the weapon of choice, banging on about their perfect husband and perfect kids. Fuck off with that. My wife is ace and I love my kids, but they can be right twats too. I have started hiding people on facebook when they start with that. Can't stand it.

Guest Pistonbroke
Reportedly its 1:4, but that's only reported, some stats reckon its as high 1:2.

If you are not sure you should ask the TLW help desk! Code needs to be kept busy.

Bloody hell, has everyone on here had depression? Should I be surprised that the denizens of an internet forum suffer from depression.

Reportedly its 1:4, but that's only reported, some stats reckon its as high 1:2.

Now is that for the general population or TLW posters? ;)

If you are not sure you should ask the TLW help desk! Code needs to be kept busy.

I honestly think depression and most conditions are something you can be talked into. When I fell off my bike I was nearly sectioned.

Mental lllness is a mile away.

I think there's a lot to be learnt from that, its YOUR mind, you DO control it even though sometimes it may feel like you dont.

A friend of mine was desperate and falling to bits with fear and depression and anxiety and felt he was losing his mind and wanted to kill himself. It reached an apex and he was med-evac'd from his home and taken to hospital. He then insisted on being taken to a psychiatric ward for treatment.

He discharged himself the very next day. He said they were way worse than him in that place and he felt like a total tool.

Can't add much more to what other people have been saying; exercise, meds, but remember the problem is in your 'head', and that's where you've got to do most work. Go see a GP and get a referral to a psychological therapist (cant remember their actual title), and they'll make you work. You go away with work, with mental exercises, and it's a good test to see how much YOU want to get better, to see if you actually bother with doing it, yknow.

Top tip:

You can't think about two things at once.

Diversion is your friend, but try something out, use your creative brain.

I started making some youtube vids using the Windows Movie Maker and some footy clips I downloaded. It took ages, but it used up countless hours over a week of nights, I found myself 'switching off' for an hour at a time, then it was two hours at a time, and eventually I could spend an evening without 'checking in' mentally.

Often, it's the 'bad week' that you need help with, not the whole thing. But mental diversion is the key. Get a new hobby. Become a cat burglar or something, get yourself a project that just consumes you.

tumblr_mdy8rllD6C1rwn8v0.gif

People need to learn that sadness/grief/boredom/general dissatisfaction with one's life/ loneliness and/or emotional neediness does not equal depression.

Some of those reasons can lead to depression, but hey - you clearly know best!

And a pint of lager can lead to alcoholism. What's your point Marvin?

I really can't be bothered discussing this with you, as you obviously don't have a clue about depression.

LFD, if there was a big puddle on the pavement would you feel compelled to step in it? Because that's what you're doing with Noos.

I said I am refusing to discuss it with him further as he hasn't got a clue.

So no jumping in the puddle for me!

Initially I tried to let him know he was being insensitive, but I realise now that there is little point.

Sad that everyone else just accepts what he is saying.

Luckily for me you don't really need to in order to contribute to the many regular threads on the subject on here from people claiming to be suffering from it.

Noos mate you can't be harder than me. It's simply not possible. I have no love or emotion for anything.

Depression in the main is bollocks. However try it out, if you can tie it down.

Noos mate you can't be harder than me. It's simply not possible. I have no love or emotion for anything.

Depression in the main is bollocks. However try it out, if you can tie it down.

How is it bollocks?

Just because you have never suffered from it, doesn't mean offers can't.

I guess cancer and other illnesses are bollocks as well then? Of course not, they are extremely serious and damaging.