You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

@Creator Supreme the bit to always hold on to, no matter how bad you feel, is that it's just temporary. It's medically impossible for your mind to keep feeling this way and it will recover, anxiety especially is a temporary state that we perpetuate ourselves with rumination, when animals get it it lasts about 45 minutes! But there are things we can do to recover faster, such as talking to someone and medication.

The thing that always starts me down the road to recovery is admitting to myself that I've got those feelings. When you try to ignore them or soldier on, they stick around or get more intense. Don't forget, your brain isn't doing this to be cruel, it thinks it's helping you, so the more you ignore it the louder it will shout. It's perceived, either consciously or subconsciously, situations which are causing you distress and it's trying to help you notice them so you can take measures to reduce that stress. I have to just admit those feelings are there, at my side, for now.

I can't fight these feelings with brute force, I have to invite them in for a brew, then eventually they realise they're no longer needed and leave politely.

The second part of that recovery is accepting that it's not my fault. I don't deserve to feel bad, I can't help it, and it's just one of those things but it won't last.

I recognise the cycle you're going through. It's hard when the source of stress is both inside and outside the house. This is compounded by the fact that you'll feel guilty when you've shouted or something. But you have to forgive yourself. You've no more control over getting it than you do over getting the flu. 

I would definitely talk to your GP but also contact talk liverpool and refer yourself to their advice services. 

https://www.talkliverpool.nhs.uk/

I think medication should be seriously considered too, when you're in the 'shock' phase of anxiety it's hard to concentrate on talking therapy, you need some form of stress reduction, either environmental - say going out on your bike or for walks, or medication, or both.

Hang in there son, things will get better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

On 26/12/2021 at 22:12, Creator Supreme said:

Thanks mate. I was walking and I just wanted it to end. The M57 isn't far and I was sorely fucking tempted to just walk on to it!

I'm fucking annoyed with myself for shitting out to be honest!

Fucking hell mate please try your hardest to fuck those thoughts off. Luckily depression is something I’ve never suffered from so I can’t really give advice but listen to those on here who have and please get the help to try and fix this. Rooting for you pal

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Fucking hell mate please try your hardest to fuck those thoughts off. Luckily depression is something I’ve never suffered from so I can’t really give advice but listen to those on here who have and please get the help to try and fix this. Rooting for you pal

Like you I've never suffered from it, I reckon we're lucky. Its fucking everywhere, my mum and son have a form, my ex wife was manic. Hang on, I think I've found the link.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

100% this.

Good luck C S. Thinking of you mate.

Thanks for all the good wishes folks, I'm away for a few days with the wife and my girls (the lad decided he'd stay home and dog mind). I spoke to my GP today and we've decided to increase my medication for a start and then see where we are in a month.

Fingers crossed I'm on the right road!

Happy New Year all.

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

Thanks for all the good wishes folks, I'm away for a few days with the wife and my girls (the lad decided he'd stay home and dog mind). I spoke to my GP today and we've decided to increase my medical for a start and then see where we are in a month.

Happy New Year all.

Brilliant news. 

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Thanks for all the good wishes folks, I'm away for a few days with the wife and my girls (the lad decided he'd stay home and dog mind). I spoke to my GP today and we've decided to increase my medication for a start and then see where we are in a month.

Happy New Year all.

You see, this is what I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Happy New Year all.

Perfect start to the NY and one of the hardest ticked off. 
Have a great time away bud and wishing you a boss year ahead. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

First steps taken!

As with every goal that is worth achieving, you have to measure your progress with the little steps you've taken towards it, doesn't matter how small. Remind yourself all the time of those steps.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Happy New Year all.

Well in mate. 

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Happy New Year all.

Happy new year mate, you're a top top fella.

• Upvote 2

Happy New Year all.

Best news I’ve had all year…

• Upvote 1

Happy New Year all.

Is right mate x have a nice few days and an even better year x x 

To everyone x x but especially you CS 

• Upvote 3

It’s a cunt. Never thought I would be that fella but it got me. The wife cheated on me with her ex on Facebook and it turned me into a paranoid loon. He lived in America but it stung me to the point I went into a downward spiral. Been on setraline but now live in scotland and have no family or close friends around me… been a rough 6 months but I’m starting to come out the other end. Still have really bad days but my little girl keeps me going. Had some days I really didn’t want to go on. It really does get better… just stick in there

• Upvote 11

5 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Happy New Year all.

You look after yourself, fella.

21 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

It’s a cunt. Never thought I would be that fella but it got me. The wife cheated on me with her ex on Facebook and it turned me into a paranoid loon. He lived in America but it stung me to the point I went into a downward spiral. Been on setraline but now live in scotland and have no family or close friends around me… been a rough 6 months but I’m starting to come out the other end. Still have really bad days but my little girl keeps me going. Had some days I really didn’t want to go on. It really does get better… just stick in there

Fucking hell, mate, that's terrible.

Scotland?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Glad you're coming out of the other end now mate.

6 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Fuck that, you've got friends in here. Stick around Fuge.