You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

27 minutes ago, elvis said:

Not sure who said recommended mirtzapine , but after some days from hell , massive anxiety attacks I spoke to my doctor and she put me on 15mg along with a beta blocker and wow what a difference it has made . 

Got my appetite back , sleeping better and feeling so much stronger. If my wife wasn't such an utter cunt at the moment things would be really good . 

Still have to find a place to live , decent enough to have my daughters over but no longer feeling as though the future is completely bleak as I was literally 4 or 5 days ago .

Glad to hear you're feeling better fella. 

22 minutes ago, elvis said:

Nice one mate , can't believe the difference after a few days , think the beta blocker really helps with the sudden feelings of doom also

It's not a miracle cure but does take the edge off so that you can clear your head and rationalise your thoughts, which can be very difficult when you are struggling with anxiety/depression.

Please PM me Paul if you ever need to chat. As I've said to another sound lad off here, given the time difference I'm always up when it's dark there and things might be lonely. Glad the new medicine helped, but very sorry to hear you've been through the mill mate.

Edited by the chimp
This goes for anyone who might need some company - I promise to keep monkey talk to a minimum.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Elite said:

It's not a miracle cure but does take the edge off so that you can clear your head and rationalise your thoughts, which can be very difficult when you are struggling with anxiety/depression.

Very , very true not seeing the wood for the trees is very counter productive at times

1 hour ago, the chimp said:

Please PM me Paul if you ever need to chat. As I've said to another sound lad off here, given the time difference I'm always up when it's dark there and things might be lonely. Glad the new medicine helped, but very sorry to hear you've been through the mill mate.

Nice one Chimp!

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ndtv.com/india-news/bollywood-actor-sushant-singh-rajput-found-hanging-at-his-mumbai-home-cops-2246089%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off

This has shocked me a bit this morning. Most won't know him unless you watch Indian movies but only 34 and it's not like he wasn't successful either. Ironically his last movie was saying how suicide solves nothing. Just goes to show that depression just doesn't care for or about anything.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm sinking again, don't know if it's work causing it (current clients are annoying twats), or if it's worrying about my parents or what!

I need a break, from life in general I think!

Probably a bit of all of it pal. I think we're all in the same boat to an extent, you wouldn't be human if the current shenanigans weren't taking some kind of toll. 

Maybe plan a little break away somewhere? Even in the current climate there will be some holiday options, a cheap/remote little cottage away somewhere for a few days, turn the phone off and take the Rocky Anthology and a couple of books. Reset that shit. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Probably a bit of all of it pal. I think we're all in the same boat to an extent, you wouldn't be human if the current shenanigans weren't taking some kind of toll. 

Maybe plan a little break away somewhere? Even in the current climate there will be some holiday options, a cheap/remote little cottage away somewhere for a few days, turn the phone off and take the Rocky Anthology and a couple of books. Reset that shit. 

We've booked to go away at the end of the year up to Scotland, I'll keep an eye on the situation in Wales and Scotland in the next few weeks, might be worth using some of my spare holiday days to get away in the summer, even if it's silly money.

Cheers mucker.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm sinking again, don't know if it's work causing it (current clients are annoying twats), or if it's worrying about my parents or what!

I need a break, from life in general I think!

At least a helicopter isn’t going to crash into your house mate x 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Anyone else ever wake up with totally irrational anxiety? An helicopter woke me up last night and I was terrified it was going to malfunction and crash onto my house. I don't usually worry about shit like that.

Yeah I ended up measuring the size of the spinnaker tower in Pompey when I lived near gunwharf because I was convinced it was going to topple over onto my roof 

4 hours ago, Elite said:

Anyone else ever wake up with totally irrational anxiety? An helicopter woke me up last night and I was terrified it was going to malfunction and crash onto my house. I don't usually worry about shit like that.

No, but my mate who I used to live with had an anxiety dream about a plane flying into our building once, that was apparently so realistic he sprinted out into the street in his pants at 4am and got locked out there because he couldn’t wake me up.

Our brains are out to get us, that’s for sure.

• Upvote 2

My mental healths really took a dive during Lockdown. Noticed I was having bouts of anxiety towards the end of May, then finally last weekend something snapped and I found myself on the phone to the samaritans in bits talking suicide. First time in my life that's happened.

Over that wobble but I'm constantly feeling on edge now and trying not to be left on my own for too long in case I have a panic attack.  

The best advice I was ever given was to remember that all setbacks are temporary. This is no exception. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Ken Robber said:

My mental healths really took a dive during Lockdown. Noticed I was having bouts of anxiety towards the end of May, then finally last weekend something snapped and I found myself on the phone to the samaritans in bits talking suicide. First time in my life that's happened.

Over that wobble but I'm constantly feeling on edge now and trying not to be left on my own for too long in case I have a panic attack.  

The best advice I was ever given was to remember that all setbacks are temporary. This is no exception. 

How did you get on with the samaritans mate?

If you ever feel really low i think Aintree hospital has a psychologist in their A&E. 

And you're totally right with your last point. Negative feelings are temporary, I've had some spectacular lows but they don't last.

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How did you get on with the samaritans mate?

If you ever feel really low i think Aintree hospital has a psychologist in their A&E. 

And you're totally right with your last point. Negative feelings are temporary, I've had some spectacular lows but they don't last.

They were alright. The woman on the other end just encouraged me to speak whatever was on my mind, so it was good that I could blow off steam over what was going on in my head without distressing my family. After about 10 minutes I got my composure back enough to assure her I was calming down and then hung up. 

Never thought to visit a hospital over my depression but I'll keep that in mind, even though a hospital is the last environment I'd want to be in at this time. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Milk said:

No, but my mate who I used to live with had an anxiety dream about a plane flying into our building once, that was apparently so realistic he sprinted out into the street in his pants at 4am and got locked out there because he couldn’t wake me up.

Our brains are out to get us, that’s for sure.

Is your mate called Donnie Darko?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Elite said:

Every since Lockerbie I’ve been terrified of planes, helicopters if they come low over my house. One night I jumped out of bed and laid flat in the floor! And this was pre lockdown.
One of the good things about lockdown for me has been the lack of planes.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was diagnosed Bipolar 2 almost 2 years ago now. I had everything in my dreams and lost it all, or rather those I lost didn't accept I was ill. At Christmas last year I was hours away from suicide.

There is much more detail, enough to write a book, but let me just add the recent positives in my life as a message to anyone who feels they are lost and without hope:-

I'm 2 months into a steady job. All is going well.

My divorce is almost complete.

No drink for two weeks, 10 days on Intermittent Fasting diet and 8lbs lost so far. No cigs since Saturday. I even abstained last Thursday and over the weekend and just got high on seeing the unbridled joy around the city. My cheat day is roughly when we will lift a certain trophy.

Met a girl online a week ago and we get on like a house on fire. She's gorgeous. I drove to her town earlier and we walked her dog and chatted. The flirting was top level and her dog loved me too. When it's safe we are meeting up again. When I got home I told her via WhatsApp the entire warts and all story of the last 2 interrupted years of my life. My heart was in my mouth when I said I was diagnosed Bipolar 2 and I asked her 'are you afraid?' She said no and thanked me for my candid honesty. It made my whole week to not be judged.

I'm not manic or hypomanic. I'm calm, considered and rational. No delusions or random spending, racing thoughts etc.

I'm just actually naturally happy for the first time in 2 years.

Stay strong and never give up on yourself.

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, Vector Sigma said:

I was diagnosed Bipolar 2 almost 2 years ago now. I had everything in my dreams and lost it all, or rather those I lost didn't accept I was ill. At Christmas last year I was hours away from suicide.

There is much more detail, enough to write a book, but let me just add the recent positives in my life as a message to anyone who feels they are lost and without hope:-

I'm 2 months into a steady job. All is going well.

My divorce is almost complete.

No drink for two weeks, 10 days on Intermittent Fasting diet and 8lbs lost so far. No cigs since Saturday. I even abstained last Thursday and over the weekend and just got high on seeing the unbridled joy around the city. My cheat day is roughly when we will lift a certain trophy.

Met a girl online a week ago and we get on like a house on fire. She's gorgeous. I drove to her town earlier and we walked her dog and chatted. The flirting was top level and her dog loved me too. When it's safe we are meeting up again. When I got home I told her via WhatsApp the entire warts and all story of the last 2 interrupted years of my life. My heart was in my mouth when I said I was diagnosed Bipolar 2 and I asked her 'are you afraid?' She said no and thanked me for my candid honesty. It made my whole week to not be judged.

I'm not manic or hypomanic. I'm calm, considered and rational. No delusions or random spending, racing thoughts etc.

I'm just actually naturally happy for the first time in 2 years.

Stay strong and never give up on yourself.

Good stuff , very happy for you mate

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vector Sigma said:

Thanks mate!

My worries as I embark  on my single life , are the knocks you take whilst still at a low ebb might be too hard to endure , pathetic as it mm at seem for a man in his early fifties.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Good stuff , very happy for you mate

My only advice would be to look after you first, second and third. Get yourself in a good frame of mind by any means necessary and things might just naturally fall into place.

Good luck fella.