You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

32 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yeah I think so. That or find a cave and become a hermit.

Only a pity you can’t trade your head for a quieter brain, eh?

I was restarted on the same dose a couple of months ago. I got an almost immediate improvement on my anxiety and non stop brain. My mood lifted but only to about ‘60%’. I was functioning ok but had no real interest in doing anything beyond my normal routine. 

I agreed with the GP to go back in a month, not my favourite one who is currently off sick, and told him how I was feeling. He wasn’t inclined to raise the dose and said it might just take a bit more time to see their full effect. He also asked me to think about talking type therapies but I wasn’t convinced as I don’t really have anything to talk about.

I came away a bit frustrated but within a couple of days I really did begin to feel a lot more energised and that has continued.  I’m making plans, looking forward to things and getting involved in things again (including posting on here) 

Long may it continue 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Continuously, 20mg Citalopram. Up and down like a blue arsed fly, mind running quicker the Dina Asher Smith.

This is exactly what happens with me out of nowhere I just get feelings of guilt and I can't switch my mind off, night time is worse.

I know it doesn't help your situation but I know how you feel.

I'm on the same meds and level too contemplated going back for an increase but it isn't all the time it just comes out of the blue, also I'm not keen on being spaced out on a higher dose

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Suicide rates for men under 50 is at an unprecedented rate. Talking is meant to help, well I cant talk to you arseholes but I can post some bollocks.

I can only remember one period of my life of real mental ill health and it was chemically induced, due to an anti malarial drug that made me paranoid and a little psychotic. Scary word psychotic. 

There are people close to me who suffer with being mentally unwell and I've never been able to ever say anything about it, but now I feel like I'd like to (I bet I end up not doing it).

I know this doesn't make loads of sense and is a bit of a ramble but to be honest it scares me a little. And yes I've had a beer

Luvs.

Dr S. McStouff  Esq

X

• Upvote 2

It might just be coincidence but I've been intermittent fasting for the last month and along with regular exercise it seems to have really taken the edge off my anxiety. The exercise was previously helping but it really seems to have dropped a notch or 3 over this month gone. It's something I'll keep up with for a while and see how things go, but it has been a surprising side effect.

• Upvote 1

Had my review with my boss today. Had leave the room as I burst into tears when she got critical, some man eh.

She said she felt I lacked motivation. In 18 months I've watched my dad get Ill and die. Had the worry of major surgery for my mum. So yeah sometimes I'm not as bright eyed as I was, was too upset to even speak at this point.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Had my review with my boss today. Had leave the room as I burst into tears when she got critical, some man eh.

She said she felt I lacked motivation. In 18 months I've watched my dad get Ill and die. Had the worry of major surgery for my mum. So yeah sometimes I'm not as bright eyed as I was, was too upset to even speak at this point.

That just reads poor management skills there (assuming the management know of the previous situations). 

Also, bursting into tears isn't a sign of weakness fella - it's an indication that actually thing's aren't so boss for you at the moment. And that's perfectly alright, we don't get taught how to cope with our dad passing or our mum undertaking major surgery, we're just thrown in at the deep end and expected to cope. Add that on top of the daily stresses we take on, that normal molehill becomes an absolutely mountain. 

It may be worth taking this cunt move from your boss knock and reaching out to your GP or local bereavement service (Cruise for instance - GP will usually know what's open to you) and getting yourself some support. I think you'd benefit from some counselling and getting everything you're holding back on the table. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Nothing unmanly about being emotional mate. You've clearly had a horrendous time. Its bound to come to the surface (Normally when you don't expect it or want it to) so don't feel in any way bad about it. 

A lot of us aren't programmed to speak about our own feelings especially sad or deep ones. I never used to cry at all, certainly not sad tears anyway but for a few years now I cry or at least well up at loads of stuff. Ive spent a lot of time out of work so been alone most days looking at the same four walls and it just gets on top of you. 

If she has any decent management skills she will completely understand whats happening, go easier on you and be there for a talk anytime you need one. Has she spoken to you since? 

Mook was having murder with his female boss for ages until he let her fuck him. That could be an option if all else fails. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

No, in retrospect I'm more pissed off. She let me get a drink and compose myself then carried on. Had I been doing that with my staff I'd have said let's leave this and have a chat

She sounds like an apathetic bitch.

Should have chucked the water in her face and stone cold stunnered the bitch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

How's everyone's marbles holding up? 

I'm quite good at 'soldiering on' when things get tough but it usually hits me after its over, have noticed various bits of my body acting strange though as my anxiety tends to be physical (bad guts, psoriasis etc). 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm quite good at 'soldiering on' when things get tough but it usually hits me after its over, have noticed various bits of my body acting strange though as my anxiety tends to be physical (bad guts, psoriasis etc). 

Not too bad but I'm hoping 'normality' resumes ASAP it's all a bit shit isn't it? We need Morpheus to turn up with his red pill that immediately wipes the virus off the planet. 

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Not too bad but I'm hoping 'normality' resumes ASAP it's all a bit shit isn't it? We need Morpheus to turn up with his red pill that immediately wipes the virus off the planet. 

The biggest problem for me is that my traditional coping measures are 'escape'. If a job is getting me down I leave, if a person is bothering me I fuck them off, but there's fuck all you can do about this one. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Section_31 said:

The biggest problem for me is that my traditional coping measures are 'escape'. If a job is getting me down I leave, if a person is bothering me I fuck them off, but there's fuck all you can do about this one. 

Yeah it feels like we are all bit trapped at the moment. Can't see mates or go for meals out/cinema/a few pints, there's zero sport to occupy the mind and the job market is fucked. We could have it a hell of a lot worse but when all sense of normal is taken away, it's a massive shock to the system.

Then you have the stress of close family dying, hoping you don't infect others and it's a complete cluster fuck of an existence. I've had the virus, so it takes the stress away of catching it again in the near future but even that's no guarantee.

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Not too bad, I've been working pretty much permanently from home since about 2013 anyway, so that aspect hasn't fazed me. I am getting a little worried about my job as work was pretty quiet even before the pandemic, and a few people got cut in March as a result.

I also need to stop looking at the news- I woke up feeling great today (sunny day, no booze for a few days, decent night's sleep), and within 15 mins was pissed off by the ongoing scale of it all. Also, the way the right wing appear to be manoeuvring so they can take control of the story and outcome, similar to what happened after the 2008 crisis, is alarming. Back then, the deficit was blamed on public spending hence the austerity lie, I dread to think what's going to happen when this finally abates.

• Upvote 1