You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it possible to suffer from anxiety and narcissistic personality disorder at the same time?

Or is it maybe inappropriate to tell people you've never met that you know more about their mental health than they do?  Is it maybe not constructive to make grand claims about a condition, suggest it is based in "science", then fail to add any detail or evidence when challenged?

• Upvote 3

On 22/05/2019 at 05:21, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

It’s a very simple question.

Are we talking Scientology or something else?

I bet it's the Living Hope church. They've gained  a foothold on the IOM over the last few years. They're one of those "give us half your wages and you'll definitely definitely go to heaven, scouts honour ".

Just another cult for the gullible to make the few rich.

• Upvote 1

Just to underline this should anyone reference my name, experience or comments above, if you are in any way struggling or concerned about your mental health, speak to your GP or contact your nearby A&E department if you are unable to keep yourself safe.

If I have given any other impression, please discard and speak to your GP.

I won't be commenting further nor responding to any message relating to mental health or otherwise.

All the best and keep safe x

57 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Just to underline this should anyone reference my name, experience or comments above, if you are in any way struggling or concerned about your mental health, speak to your GP or contact your nearby A&E department if you are unable to keep yourself safe.

If I have given any other impression, please discard and speak to your GP.

I won't be commenting further nor responding to any message relating to mental health or otherwise.

All the best and keep safe x

Surely if someone specifically asks for your advice it wouldn't be turned down. Your choice obviously and hopefully this doesn't mean you will leave the forums. Again your choice obviously. 

17 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Surely if someone specifically asks for your advice it wouldn't be turned down. Your choice obviously and hopefully this doesn't mean you will leave the forums. Again your choice obviously. 

But why would someone ask for advice from someone who doesn't work in the mental health sector, isn't qualified and just C+P from self help materials? If you have any questions please refer to your GP as they are a more appropriate clinician.

The value of this thread for me, and I presume others, has been that it has provided a space for people to share their own experiences and read the experiences of others and as such has been a source of collective and mutual support for a fair few on here I’d guess.

It is a thread on a football forum, nothing more and nothing less. It doesn’t claim to provide medical advice and I don’t think anyone has ever seen it as such. People have used it as a way of checking out their own thoughts, perhaps sometimes seeking validation for the way they are feeling  before referring themselves to mental health services and on occasions posters on the thread have collectively encouraged others to seek that kind of help when it has seemed that a situation has reached a crisis. 

There should be no need for anyone to demonstrate their formal qualifications because no-one should be coming on here seeking clinical diagnosis and treatment or equalling to be providing it

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Champ said:

The value of this thread for me, and I presume others, has been that it has provided a space for people to share their own experiences and read the experiences of others and as such has been a source of collective and mutual support for a fair few on here I’d guess.

It is a thread on a football forum, nothing more and nothing less. It doesn’t claim to provide medical advice and I don’t think anyone has ever seen it as such. People have used it as a way of checking out their own thoughts, perhaps sometimes seeking validation for the way they are feeling  before referring themselves to mental health services and on occasions posters on the thread have collectively encouraged others to seek that kind of help when it has seemed that a situation has reached a crisis. 

There should be no need for anyone to demonstrate their formal qualifications because no-one should be coming on here seeking clinical diagnosis and treatment or equalling to be providing it

Exactly.

I've been through the majority of my posts on here and I'm struggling to see where Colin's concerns are. There have been posts where I've had my professional hat on but the majority have simply been signposting people to see what therapeutic options are available to them by speaking to their GP or contacting their nearest IAPT service.

1 hour ago, Seasons said:

But why would someone ask for advice from someone who doesn't work in the mental health sector, isn't qualified and just C+P from self help materials? If you have any questions please refer to your GP as they are a more appropriate clinician.

Because some people see value in someone offering assistance to others, regardless of their qualifications to do so. 

It shows they care and that is more important to me than any qualification in the world. 

I'll probably get negged for football on the GF but as far as I can recall Bill Shankly didn't have a single coaching badge from the FA. I don't think that did him much harm! 

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

Because some people see value in someone offering assistance to others, regardless of their qualifications to do so. 

It shows they care and that is more important to me than any qualification in the world. 

I'll probably get negged for football on the GF but as far as I can recall Bill Shankly didn't have a single coaching badge from the FA. I don't think that did him much harm! 

I was joking/being passive-aggressive.

Happy to help.

9 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This is where I come down too.

Have often found season's insights and genuine compassion very helpful. Don't  see why you have to be Carl Jung to proffer an opinion on mental health.

I offer advice all the time to friends and on here based purely on what I've found works for me. It's people's choice whether they act on it or not.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Suffered from depression or anxiety or self hate for years on happy pills an all that.

Went out for my gf sons 20th last week around 7ish little party in the local, my mates had been out since 1.

My birds mate fancies my mate so is badgering me to ask him to come to the do, I know our lass wouldn't want them here as it's here family and they've been out since 1.

Anyway here mate invites him without me knowing our lass isn't happy but I go and try and keep them at the bar away from anyone they can offend.

So birds mate tells bird I invited them and all of a sudden I'm a cunt, I manage to speak to her and tell her what happened but she doesn't believe me, luckily my mate has the texts on his phone. The story then changes to I said my mate would shag her, which offended her. Which I did but that was why she invited him out.

Anyway the birds go outside and our lass leaves her phone on the table, so I pick it up and put it in my pocket mainly because her son's gf family are proper scum and I don't trust them.

Next thing our lass comes back pissed off but won't tell me why and "doesn't want to discuss it".

I go back to my mates and try and keep them amused, next thing our lass has gone her sons gf is accusing me of all kinds of shit like taking her phone off her in a controlling manner and emotionally abusing her, and her son is threatening me.

Next day I go to hers and she denies any of the emotional abuse stuff but bins me.

I'm upset and not proud of the next bit but say her son is a skinny little cunt and at 20 he is lucky I didn't slot him.

Now this is the reason I'm dumped and she has blocked me on everything, 2 and half years we have been together I don't expect her to take me back or be friends but surely I deserve 20 minutes to explain my side, its proper fucking my head.

Sorry it's so long winded don't even know why I have posted just maybe needed to vent to people who don't know me.

Driving me insane as I don't know what I could have done differently on the night?

Got told I'm losing my job at end of August today too so not a great week.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Suffered from depression or anxiety or self hate for years on happy pills an all that.

Went out for my gf sons 20th last week around 7ish little party in the local, my mates had been out since 1.

My birds mate fancies my mate so is badgering me to ask him to come to the do, I know our lass wouldn't want them here as it's here family and they've been out since 1.

Anyway here mate invites him without me knowing our lass isn't happy but I go and try and keep them at the bar away from anyone they can offend.

So birds mate tells bird I invited them and all of a sudden I'm a cunt, I manage to speak to her and tell her what happened but she doesn't believe me, luckily my mate has the texts on his phone. The story then changes to I said my mate would shag her, which offended her. Which I did but that was why she invited him out.

Anyway the birds go outside and our lass leaves her phone on the table, so I pick it up and put it in my pocket mainly because her son's gf family are proper scum and I don't trust them.

Next thing our lass comes back pissed off but won't tell me why and "doesn't want to discuss it".

I go back to my mates and try and keep them amused, next thing our lass has gone her sons gf is accusing me of all kinds of shit like taking her phone off her in a controlling manner and emotionally abusing her, and her son is threatening me.

Next day I go to hers and she denies any of the emotional abuse stuff but bins me.

I'm upset and not proud of the next bit but say her son is a skinny little cunt and at 20 he is lucky I didn't slot him.

Now this is the reason I'm dumped and she has blocked me on everything, 2 and half years we have been together I don't expect her to take me back or be friends but surely I deserve 20 minutes to explain my side, its proper fucking my head.

Sorry it's so long winded don't even know why I have posted just maybe needed to vent to people who don't know me.

Driving me insane as I don't know what I could have done differently on the night?

Thats shit mate. Don't hit the ale, don't badger her and focus on you. Read, gym, eat and search for a new job. Don't cause murder (which sounds tempting) and just be cool. 

Ive been through it, utter turmoil I know but remember, you were born on your own bollock naked and thats how you will die so make sure you are number 1 priority in-between. 

She seems a twat anyway x 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats shit mate. Don't hit the ale, don't badger her and focus on you. Read, gym, eat and search for a new job. Don't cause murder (which sounds tempting) and just be cool. 

Ive been through it, utter turmoil I know but remember, you were born on your own bollock naked and thats how you will die so make sure you are number 1 priority in-between. 

She seems a twat anyway x 

Cheers Stig I really appreciate that.

Got my lad who is 11 and lives with me and keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Just doing my head in how it all unfolded is a million reasons to bin me but I did fuck all that night.

3 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Cheers Stig I really appreciate that.

Got my lad who is 11 and lives with me and keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Just doing my head in how it all unfolded is a million reasons to bin me but I did fuck all that night.

More important things in life than a maniac mate. 

59 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Purely going by what you’ve said in this post, you’re well out of it, in my opinion, mate. Give it time and I’m sure you’ll find someone who you want to be with and who wants to be with you. PM me the son’s details and I’ll go on Facebook/Twitter and call him a whopper.

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Purely going by what you’ve said in this post, you’re well out of it, in my opinion, mate. Give it time and I’m sure you’ll find someone who you want to be with and who wants to be with you. 

Cheers Tone.

I have probably painted a bad picture of her based on this, she is lovely and the nicest person normally but her son is her Achilles heel which is why I lost my temper.

She knows her friend is lying because my "mentallness" (sorry if that offends anyone just couldn't think of a better word) means I can't lie or I get massive bouts of guilt even over the littlest things.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...