You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 minutes ago, Spring said:

In need of a holiday/break.

Today's been pretty shit if I'm honest. I've been shouted at or had really difficult clients in which has taken a big dent on my mood. Completely love working in mental health but it's counterproductive if the work starts making you stress/down having used up all your empathy and motivation.

Summer is having a great impact on my mood but it's days like today that make you just feel devalued, irrelevant or useless.

Just had a guy scream at me because he was scared of salads — I've been sat here thinking of whether I should have asked him if he preferred Rocket or Spinach.

Respect to people like you who work in things like mental health. No chance I could be strong enough to do it. 

You definitely should have asked if he wanted Rocket or Spinach though... 

I have been up and down like fuck the last month or so , got a job offer last week which is exciting and have a phone interview with a different company tomorrow. Badly need to get back into a routine and get the stress of money/health sorted. 

Ive been listening to the Radio (Radio X) everyday as I'm just sat in on my own. I look forward to 4pm when Johnny Vaughan comes on drive-time. Its like living with your best mate and waiting for him to come home form work. Find myself laughing out loud and hard like some sort of release. Sad I know but it helps for a little while. 

15 minutes ago, Spring said:

Today's been pretty shit if I'm honest. I've been shouted at or had really difficult clients in which has taken a big dent on my mood. Completely love working in mental health but it's counterproductive if the work starts making you stress/down having used up all your empathy and motivation.

Summer is having a great impact on my mood but it's days like today that make you just feel devalued, irrelevant or useless.

Just had a guy scream at me because he was scared of salads — I've been sat here thinking of whether I should have asked him if he preferred Rocket or Spinach.

You’re doing God’s work. I respect the shit out of that. 

19 minutes ago, Spring said:

Sounds like a crap job. What’s the celery like?

• Upvote 6

50 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Respect to people like you who work in things like mental health. No chance I could be strong enough to do it. 

You definitely should have asked if he wanted Rocket or Spinach though... 

I have been up and down like fuck the last month or so , got a job offer last week which is exciting and have a phone interview with a different company tomorrow. Badly need to get back into a routine and get the stress of money/health sorted. 

Ive been listening to the Radio (Radio X) everyday as I'm just sat in on my own. I look forward to 4pm when Johnny Vaughan comes on drive-time. Its like living with your best mate and waiting for him to come home form work. Find myself laughing out loud and hard like some sort of release. Sad I know but it helps for a little while. 

Hope you do well mate.

You should look into local things to get involved with if you want to kick start that routine. Plenty of stuff around town and the likes.

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Image result for examining a leaf

"Back! Back, creature of the night!"

• 3 weeks later...

Christ on a bike. When they say exercise is good for anxiety they really need to be clearer in saying moderate exercise is good for anxiety. Not deadlifting your bodyweight or more which raises your heart rate and body temperature and creates the same sensation as having a panic attack and so leaves your head fucked for a week. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Christ on a bike. When they say exercise is good for anxiety they really need to be clearer in saying moderate exercise is good for anxiety. Not deadlifting your bodyweight or more which raises your heart rate and body temperature and creates the same sensation as having a panic attack and so leaves your head fucked for a week. 

I also learned that the hard way. I thought I was having a heart attack when my heart rate took a long time to get back to normal. Fucked me head up for a week.

5 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I also learned that the hard way. I thought I was having a heart attack when my heart rate took a long time to get back to normal. Fucked me head up for a week.

Yeah, I was still gasping for breath an hour later and really crashed later in the evening. I'll definitely not be doing that again.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

No mate, not looking at Jim Milner bleep test levels here. Half hour walk in the day. Im lucky enough to work somewhere where we have a decent sized campus and nearby woodland for a lunchtime stroll and it does make a difference.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

No mate, not looking at Jim Milner bleep test levels here. Half hour walk in the day. Im lucky enough to work somewhere where we have a decent sized campus and nearby woodland for a lunchtime stroll and it does make a difference.

Yeah mate, definitely going to have to tone it down.

• 1 month later...

Been suffering from depression and anxiety for a couple of years now, apart from a few lapses think I’ve got the depression under control for the main but the anxiety is a fucking bitch. 

Just washes over me a feeling of impending doom. Feel like I’ve just got the worst news imaginable, like a death in the family or something. Horrible feeling.

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Just washes over me a feeling of impending doom. Feel like I’ve just got the worst news imaginable, like a death in the family or something. Horrible feeling.

Sometimes I get into a stressed state but when I actually think what I'm worried about there's nothing, then I'm fine. I think my brain actually enjoys worrying.

• Upvote 1