You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

I can't think of any realistic circumstances off the top of my head and yes, I would grass you up if you carried it through.

Whether people deserve it or not is opinion and I don't see what qualifies you to be judge jury and executioner. If we allow our best mates to get away with murder of people "who deserve it", what about if it turns out they got it wrong. What about if they decide someone else deserves it too. What about f the best mate of the person your mate kills descides your mate deserves it, and you do too for covering for him.

There are people on Facebook, and probably some on here, who would have a line of people that deserve it a mile long. I don't trust the policitians, or the judiciary with the death penalty, I'm certainly not going to trust some blert just because we're mates.

There's no justification for anyone to take someone's life, but as the title of the thread ask? Would you hand them in.

For me, someone killing someone in a premeditated act is wrong on every level, despite thinking that they "deserve it", as mortals we do not have the right to take anyone's life, two wrongs do not make a right.

Quite simple for me, if my best mate killed someone, he wouldn't be my best mate, its a step to far, a line that he crossed that he shouldn't have, and for what he would have done, he deserves the correct punishment, which in this country is a prison sentence.

Utter tripe, what makes you think a judge is always right? they aren't history tells us that. what if your wife or daughter gets raped/ killed you have all the evidence you need to say that person did it, yet the judge/jury decide otherwise.. you happy to let them go walk the streets?

I said I don't trust the judiciary to get it right. How would I get all this evidence you talk of, yet the judge/jury don't? Even in the exceptionally rare cases where that could happen, I would expect to pay the price if I took the law into my own hands, and I would shop anyone I knew did the same.

What are you blithering on about rights of husbands to kill wives for? What's a soldier killing an enemy got to do with anything? You're precisely the sort of semi-literate half-wit that I'd be afraid was being protected by some equally thick fuck of a mate.

oh, and negged, of course, for being a cretin.

Utter tripe, what makes you think a judge is always right? they aren't history tells us that. what if your wife or daughter gets raped/ killed you have all the evidence you need to say that person did it, yet the judge/jury decide otherwise.. you happy to let them go walk the streets?

No they aren't always right, but it's the law we've put into place and a system most of us stand by.

Of course if it was OUR son / daughter at stake, we'd make different choices, which is why we shouldn't be allowed to choose when we are personally involved.

MOST of us would (probably) say. "If my daughter was murdered by some ripper, and some vigilante caught the ripper and killed him - then I'd be tempted to not say a word"..... but if it came about that the vigilante got the wrong guy, most would think the vigilante should be in prison. Suddenly it depends on "if he got the right guy or not" - which makes US the judges (with half the facts) all of a sudden.

If if was my best mate... he's already dropping me in the shit by telling me he's done it. Now he has to convince me of two things... 1) That it was for damn good reason and 2) That he (and I) won't get caught.

The odds don't look good for him, even if he has a good reason. Not least because he's involved me which shows he's careless to start with, and increasing his odds of being caught!

I'd also like to believe that any 'decent' person who murdered someone for good reason would fancy their chances before a jury. Yes, it's a risk, but so is trying to cover it up.

Sadly, a good reason would still be murder in eyes on the law, and any judge would still have to impose the minimum tariff of 15 years for a Category 3 type murder

go kill your dog, you call me semi literate yet you have failed to comprehend what I have written, the ref to husbands was in reply to you and so called rights! what gave him the right to take my cousins life? I'd gladly kill him, and sleep better for it!. did negging make you feel like a man? and why the need to announce it? wtf does that say about you?

I understand exactly what you have written. I disagree with it as it is the rantings of a semi-literate knuckle-dragging moron. I din't mention rights. Rights are what spastics start shouting about on Facebook when it comes to trying to justify their manifestly draconian views on crime and punishment. What about my "rights", what about victim "rights".

As you have raised it though, how do you or we know your cousin didn't deserve it? How do we know his mate wasn't covering for him, because, "he's a mate and I'm not a grass and in any event she deserved it?" Her husband might argue she did. I would argue that nobody deserves it so she definitely didn't. You argue that some people do, so maybe she did. Who knows.

Negging you made me feel like a cup of tea, so I had one, like a real man, so I guess what it says about me is that I like tea. I announced it as a warning to all who dare talk absolute bollocks on here. I have plenty more tea-bags where that one came from, sunshine.

Negging you made me feel like a cup of tea, so I had one, like a real man, so I guess what it says about me is that I like tea. I announced it as a warning to all who dare talk absolute bollocks on here. I have plenty more tea-bags where that one came from, sunshine.

Someone rep Noos for me. I nearly swallowed my roll-up laughing at that.

I'd gladly kill him, and sleep better for it!

In my eyes that makes you no better. 1+2=2, not 1+1=0

OK, I'll rephrase and explain myself a bit now you've posted those links.

To me, murder is not justified in *any* circumstance. Call me a wet leftie or whatever, but no, I just could not do it intentionally no matter what the circumstances or justification. As to that horrid twat you've just posted about, I'd feel better knowing he is left to see out his days in a box with that on his conscience rather than have his death upon mine.

All depends on circumstance doesn't it, some rightly deserve to be killed, others like my cousin killed by her husband clearly didn't deserve it.. I have had 2 offers to have him done inside, would you grass me up if i carry it thru ? because to me he deserves it. But bullies do tend to hide behind the grassin thing, though I have a hatred for the police.. info filters thru to them, it's all dependant on circumstance, and sometimes they need a bit of info from the "community"

Can you not see the contradiction in this?

Your cousin was murdered due to one man's twisted mind / logic, but your own revenge logic is 'sound'?

It may be, it may not be... but that's why we've developed a system to TRY and impose an impartial logic on such decisions. You, by your own admission, are not impartial, so not likely to make sound decisions.

There is always an extreme example where murder is justified (eg. kill one man, to save the life of two), but real world situations end up providing more complexity to them (e.g. The guy holding a gun is the father of a murdered girl, and the two guys he's about to kill are her killers) - which makes the 'one death to save two lives equation less simple all of a sudden.

Example 1:

If your wife THOUGHT her life was in danger and she killed some burglar in the dark, who was a 6'4 body builder - many would express sympathy for her.

If she was your wife, you'd almost certainly be saying the burglar took that risk, and it was his own fault.

Example 2:

Now, if your son was a 13 year old burglar killed in the dark by a 6'4 body builder... and he was generally a good lad, and had gotten in with the wrong crowd, and only gone into a house to pinch a bottle of milk... suddenly, you'd be all for killing this bloke?

It's a dangerous thing to be 'involved' and perspective is truly warped. That's why you shouldn't be deciding who lives and dies.

OK, I'll rephrase and explain myself a bit now you've posted those links.

To me, murder is not justified in *any* circumstance. Call me a wet leftie or whatever, but no, I just could not do it intentionally no matter what the circumstances or justification. As to that horrid twat you've just posted about, I'd feel better knowing he is left to see out his days in a box with that on his conscience rather than have his death upon mine.

Disagree. There are extreme examples where murder would be justified.

Shooting a man before he detonates a bomb in crowded place would be justified wouldn't it?

The complications arise when you question if they are SURE he's a bomber, and how sure are they he's actually going to detonate it?... that's when it all gets messy. And is a man justified in killing him if he genuinely THOUGHT he was a bomber? (but later proved he wasn't)

Marksmen have to face that dilemma.

Shooting a man before he detonates a bomb in crowded place would be justified wouldn't it?

The complications arise when you question if they are SURE he's a bomber, and how sure are they he's actually going to detonate it?... that's when it all gets messy. And is a man justified in killing him if he genuinely THOUGHT he was a bomber? (but later proved he wasn't)

In which case, take him down by none-lethal means?

I see your point, sort of, but I know for one I could not make that decision and even if placed in a position of surety, I could not bring myself to do it. I might regret it for the rest of my days, given the consequences, but I know I would also regret pulling the trigger.

you tell me dickhead.

Sex pest husband 'murdered wife before staging car accident after divorce threat' - Telegraph

Nurse murdered by husband was failed by police, IPCC rules | UK news | The Guardian

by the way the judge (a woman) was the fucker who let him back in the house.

and what I am saying he deserves anything that comes his way, hope you enjoyed that brew I'm hoping your dog pissed all over the cup

Sorry, can't be arsed to read all that. I'm sure it is all deeply thought-provoking though.

Tell me this, how would you feel about your cousin's killer's best mate if he knew what had happened, or worse still, was about to happen, but he said nothing because they were mates, and he's not a grass, and he hates the police,etc?

he would be capped too! like I typed earlier for me its about circumstance, sometimes I actually think it's ok for someone to be taken care of!.. but I'm talking/typing from my personnal agenda..

So you think if his mate knew, he should grass him up?

Circumstances as you have proven are open to interpretation, depending on whose side you are looking at it from. I'm sure the killer in your case could have presented a credible enough sounding case to a best friend to justify what he did. This is why, especially when it's a mate, even though I'm not saying it would be easy, you should encourage them to turn themselves in, or grass them up if they don't. You are extremely unlikely to have the full unbiased facts, and so you can't make a judgement call.

Guest Pistonbroke
I'm a firm believer that given the wrong/right set of circumstances we're all capable of killing.

It would depend on the context but I can envisage a scenario where I'd say fuck all.

This, although if he had a fit missus i might decide on blackmail.

Anyone over the age of 14 who is still calling people a grass for going to the authorities with information on something is a fucking retard.

Any mate of mine would have to have a bloody good reason for deliberately taking a life, and off the top of my head I can't think of one. Accidental or self-defence is a different matter, but deliberately killing someone, mate or not, is almost inexcusable. I would force them to hand themselves in, for their own sake.

There are possibly exceptions, but my default position certainly wouldn't be "hmm...depends".

Most murder victims get killed by someone's best mate.

Spot on, in every word. Extra kudos for the tea drinking input later.

My ex's 15 year old sister (at the time) was up on a murder charge , her and her mates used to give this oldish bloke grief , one night the old geezer confronted them outside his flat , they gave him a beating and he died from a heary attack during it , arseholes ...........

A lot of people saw something like that coming as the old geezer always bit , all you had to do was shout something at him and he would come at you on his bike , poor sod.

I was up the station with my ex who had to sit in on the interviews as the appropriate adult , the charges eventually got dropped against the sister , 2 nippers in the group ended up with 6/7 years for manslaughter in the end.

Saying all of that if i had witnessed it i wouldn't of said a thing to the old bill , never have and never would about anything.

I was always in the shit when i was younger , one time they busted a flat with me and a couple of mates in looking for whatever they could find , they found a bit of weed and stolen (empty) wine cases , basically sod all......

They wheeled my mates out but chose me to be the one to stay behind whilst they done the search , i was in quite a bit of shit at the time with various charges hanging over me.

I was sat on the sofa whilst they were searching when a couple of the coppers went out and one sat next to me and another stood in front of me .... was wondering what they were upto when the copper in front of me gave it the ' You're in a lot of trouble' line .. 'if you want this trouble and these charges to go away you can always help us'

I was gutted and shocked they asked , honestly felt insulted and really pissed off ...... remember shaking my head repeating no way 4/5 times before the cunt copper bitch slapped me as hard as he could across my face , i was cuffed behind my back and nearly fell off the sofa , arseholes , they done the usual trick in the meatwagon to on the way to the police station , driving about 60mph then slamming on the brakes so we in the back go flying around everywhere smacking our heads against the side of the cage .......

Screw them , they would never get my help on anything.

Sorry, but you sound like something out of an episode of the The Bill. So you have lots of police charges hanging over you when they found you with a few crates of stolen wine and the police are the bad 'uns and not you? Nah mate. If you had lots of charges hanging over you and were sitting around with stolen booze then you need to take a very long look at yourself and not the people who are put there to try and stop people like you robbing other peoples stuff.

In my eyes that makes you no better. 1+2=2, not 1+1=0

Am I missing something here?

Do they fuck, if their superior tells them the decision is theirs to make, then someone is going to get their head blown off, seven times. Armed police attract the very sickest of the 2%.

Am I missing something here?

Nope, but you've just spotted my fucked up maths. That should have been 1+1, and only just noticed myself.

I'm surprised no-one else noticed, they must all be Geordies. If you're a Geordie, congratulations upon prising your fingers away from being wrapped around a kebab or a Newkie Brown bottle for long enough to be able to count on them.

Nope, but you've just spotted my fucked up maths. That should have been 1+1, and only just noticed myself.

I'm surprised no-one else noticed, they must all be Geordies. If you're a Geordie, congratulations upon prising your fingers away from being wrapped around a kebab or a Newkie Brown bottle for long enough to be able to count on them.

I’m worse then a Geordie mate. I’m fucking Irish.