You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two home games in the Europa League where Gerrard has emptied his position in midfield and allowed the opposition to counter with fatal consequence.

He should know better as the captain of a young team and sat in front of the defence and organised the team better.

People blaming Reina instead of the piss poor defending in front of him. How predictable. He can't even see the shot before it's too late. Carra and Skrtel can't play together and it's being proved for the umpteenth time tonight.

Basically yep.

Its groundhog day in terms of player selections based on factors other than ability and usefulness. At least as far as the Europa goes.

But in fairness I'm glad its not the league, Rodgers has got that right. No fucking about with the league and hes done well in that respect.

Should have just closed the game out in the last 10 minutes. Really couldn't understand why we allowed the game to be so open or so many players were pushing forward to try and get a third goal. Reina maybe should have saved the second goal and he was poor overall again tonight but a lot of players should have done better in the build up to that goal. Personally I'd have played our strongest possible side tonight to get the win and qualification sorted out and then we could have just taken a load of youngsters and fringe players to Udinese. Now we have to take a strong team which may have a negative impact on the following league games and I still wouldn't have much faith in us getting a result there.

I suppose you have to expect a bit of naivety with a young side, but I was astonished how open we allowed the game to be in the last 10 mins.

Once again it is individual mistakes & poor decision-making that costs us. The amount of times we gave the ball away in the last 10 minutes was ridiculous.

Not sure why Brendan made an attacking sub when we went 2-1 up either. Was expecting Enrique on to add a bit of muscle & nous.

We are making the same mistakes week after week. Lets put this in to perspective here. Young Boys are absolute no marks and like numerous no marks who've preceded them in recent times they leave Anfield with a result. It's disgraceful how far our standards have fallen and even more disgraceful is the fact that not one Liverpool fan will be surprised by that tonight. Infact, I now expect it.

Same old story. A few nice pretty patches of play ultimately undone by an inherent naivity and total lack of intelligence and composure. A Rafa or even a Houllier side would have closed that game out at 2-1. Not us, we ridiculously flood forward in numbers and leave ourselves short at the back when there is absolutely no need to do so with the tie won and qualification in the bag. It's fucking disgraceful, and look at us now. We have to send a full squad out to Italy and even if we do win we could well crash out anyway. And if we do we deserve all we get.

I'm disgusted with that. Sick of going to Anfielf and watching absolute SHITE do a job on us on an almost weekly basis. 3 years ago we were dismantling Real Madrid in the Champions League. Fucking hell look at us now. One million miles away from those days, and it's shit.

We are making the same mistakes week after week. Lets put this in to perspective here. Young Boys are absolute no marks and like numerous no marks who've preceded them in recent times they leave Anfield with a result. It's disgraceful how far our standards have fallen and even more disgraceful is the fact that not one Liverpool fan will be surprised by that tonight. Infact, I now expect it.

Same old story. A few nice pretty patches of play ultimately undone by an inherent naivity and total lack of intelligence and composure. A Rafa or even a Houllier side would have closed that game out at 2-1. Not us, we ridiculously flood forward in numbers and leave ourselves short at the back when there is absolutely no need to do so with the tie won and qualification in the bag. It's fucking disgraceful, and look at us now. We have to send a full squad out to Italy and even if we do win we could well crash out anyway. And if we do we deserve all we get.

I'm disgusted with that. Sick of going to Anfielf and watching absolute SHITE do a job on us on an almost weekly basis. 3 years ago we were dismantling Real Madrid in the Champions League. Fucking hell look at us now. One million miles away from those days, and it's shit.

A bit of perspective is required here.

This is Rodgers first ever Euro campaign and we go into the final game with a good chance of us progressing further. That is good for him to gain more experience, good for an increasingly inexperienced squad, and good for the credibility of LFC moving forwards.

Suarez continues to be pivotal to our success, and seeing JC score was a bonus too. What Shelvey lacks in skill he makes up for in attitude and desire, qualities which have been missing from too many of our players in recent years. I anticipate a moderate league campaign overall, EL success and progress can be a useful morale booster.

Young Boys are absolute no marks and like numerous no marks ...... A Rafa or even a Houllier side would have closed that game out

Young Boys have qualified for Euro competition for the best part of a decade now.Rueda has managed four clubs now and is a former Swiss international,unsurprisngly they are quite capable of giving us a game and are far from no-marks.

Rafa? How quickly his final abject CL campaign has been forgotten.

I listened to an interview with Huntelaar today in which he described us as " no longer a European address", and sadly that is where we are.

I share your frustration with where we are now, but we can only accept it and try to progress and back Rodgers as he learns the ropes.

Guest davelfc
A bit of perspective is required here.

We went into tonights game with the chance to progress further and leading 2-1 it was in the bag, we then let them score.

Now we have to take a decent team away for a small chance at progressing. I think it's you that needs to gain some perspective.

A lot of talk about an inexperienced team out there tonight. There wasn't that much inexperience in the 11 on the pitch at the end: Reina, henderson, skrtel, carra, downing, sahin, shelvey, gerrard and suarez. Sterling is obviously very young but even he is an international footballer and they keep talking about assaidi as a youngster but isn't about 24?

whatever, we left far too much space for them to shoot from range and why the fuck are pushing men forward in the last minute when earlier we were attacking and had one player in the box for a cross.

so often we do exactly the opposite of what are supposed to do. criminal defending and total confusion as to when we need to be expansive or compact.

Joe cole played well and shelvey was decent through the middle but we paid for missing chances again.

Guest davelfc
I thought we played well going forward and were unfortunate to concede to two brilliant goals.

Did anyone see Rodgers post-match interview? Did he explain the Gerrard/Wisdom sub?

The Reds were disrupted by an injury to Andre Wisdom midway through in the first half.

Rodgers explained: "It was a precaution really, he had a little knock in his knee. Hopefully he'll be fine but it meant we had to adapt.

Rodgers analysis of Young Boys draw - Liverpool FC

We went into tonights game with the chance to progress further and leading 2-1 it was in the bag, we then let them score.

Now we have to take a decent team away for a small chance at progressing. I think it's you that needs to gain some perspective.

This is Rodgers first ever Euro campaign as a manager, he will need time to settle. You can't make him something he is not.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
This is Rodgers first ever Euro campaign as a manager, he will need time to settle. You can't make him something he is not.

I don't think playing Young Boys is particularly harder or different from beating, say, Man City or Liverpool. I think we clearly needed to keep the ball and work it around in the last 10 minutes. Allen would have been a much better sub than Sterling. Hubris, maybe. Maybe just a killer instinct coming out, but not paying off.

Guest davelfc

What ever happened to appointing managers that were qualified, that don't need time to settle.

Oh yeah we don't do that because it can be expensive. Sorry my expectations accidentally rose a little then.

Young Boys have qualified for Euro competition for the best part of a decade now.Rueda has managed four clubs now and is a former Swiss international,unsurprisngly they are quite capable of giving us a game and are far from no-marks.

Rafa? How quickly his final abject CL campaign has been forgotten.

I listened to an interview with Huntelaar today in which he described us as " no longer a European address", and sadly that is where we are.

I share your frustration with where we are now, but we can only accept it and try to progress and back Rodgers as he learns the ropes.

So you are comparing not qualifying from a group including Lyon and Fiorentina to not beating Young fucking Boys at home? Okay.