You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can maybe see the logic with Cole if we're trying to shift him. But its fucking quite clear at this point nobody is going to take us off him unless he takes a paycut.

Definitely only this, the penultimate relatively low risk chance to put him in the shop window and cheaper than Udinese as we won't need to pay for two plane seats.

Couldn't even this backfire though, Lille and Spartak were after him for as you say reduced wages this summer, surely it's better to just keep him in the shed with 'sold as seen' written on his face. Putting him out on an actual field in front of cameras seems negligent if you want anyone without the football equivalent of beer goggles on to take him back to theirs.

I'm not going to this match but I am going to watch it. I just cannot for the life of me understand why we'd want to play Joe Cole in a match as vital as this, shop window or no. If Anzhi beat Udinese and we win tonight, we're through to the next stage. We could have played Joe against Wigan in the latter stages of the second half if we really wanted to advertise his 'wares'. I'm convinced that we're never getting shot of him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Reina, Wisdom, Downing, Carragher, Skrtel, Suso, Sahin, Henderson, Assaidi, Cole, Shelvey. Subs: Jones, Enrique, Gerrard, Coates, Sterling, Allen, Suarez.

like I said in the post I wouldn't even consider playing Suarez at all in this competition, not until we have more first team strikers at least

Take it back you were on the money , cant believe we are playing that muck .......

Surely play a strong team and get qualification wrapped up and play the muck in Italy ? obviously not.

Because I think the 2nd team should be able to win this one whilst the experience will do the younger players some good?

And like I've already said twice it would just be typical of our luck for Suarez to break something playing in a game that in the grand scheme of things isn't all that important

plus we have 3 premier league games in 7 days after this.

Take it back you were on the money , cant believe we are playing that muck .......

Surely play a strong team and get qualification wrapped up and play the muck in Italy ? obviously not.

Calm down, we are playing a nobody team at home. 11 joe coles could beat these shitsticks

really what is the point in starting Carra and not Coates' date=' Coates is already better and actually has a future at the club[/quote']

Carra has a great future at the club. I would expect our young defenders coming through, to reap massive rewards with Jamie coaching them.