You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Di Matteo sacked

King Emlyn

Ah. That.

I never really got the Henderson hatred. We've got too many Henderson's to get overly annoyed about any single Henderson.

I love everyone. I even love Code, despite him being on ignore. It's all part of the dance.

Then there is the one about the spastic that walks up to the bar to ask for a drink and wins the rap dancing contest.

Yeah, I know you back the current manager. I was more commenting on you getting a bit of a buzz back (or whatever you said). Leaving aside that he's Liverpool manager, what do you make of him.

Personally, I'm excited by the future with him. It'll take backing, obviously, but there's something about him.

His enthusiasm, speaks well, has been very respectful and wants to play the game in the right way.

If he gets undermined and hounded out then I'm jibbing it.

The club needs continuity.

Old joke,maybe, but we're all suffering the repercussions now aren't we Zig

You think Benitez was sacked because of a silly joke on an internet forum? I can only suggest that you seek professional help.

For your information though, he made an ultimatum to Martin Broughton that either he or Purslow should be sacked, and Broughton took him at his word. Essentially he politicked himself out of a job.

You think Benitez was sacked because of a silly joke on an internet forum? I can only suggest that you seek professional help.

For your information though, he made an ultimatum to Martin Broughton that either he or Purslow should be sacked, and Broughton took him at his word. Essentially he politicked himself out of a job.

Oh how Broughton made the wrong choice there.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
His enthusiasm, speaks well, has been very respectful and wants to play the game in the right way.

If he gets undermined and hounded out then I'm jibbing it.

The club needs continuity.

Strangely enough, it doesn't seem to be the owners/Ayre doing the hounding in any way. Not this time, anyway.

You can afford to fuck about with the manager if you pump in 100-150m every season and have a £25m tea lady, but if you don't spend, continuity and building is the only thing that can possibly bring success.

We were a shambles on the pitch as well as off it - we were dropping like a stone as a team

Half the players didn't want to know, including Torres, despite his latest pronouncements - he wasn't going to win them back. Morale was lower than a snakes belly, largely down to him.

New owners would have booted him out as soon as they took over - the last thing any new owners want is a Machiavellian manager briefing against them - they need someone they can trust

So despite these points, there are still people that think Benitez would have led us to the garden of Eden? They must believe in Father Christmas and dick van dyke.

We were a shambles on the pitch as well as off it - we were dropping like a stone as a team

Half the players didn't want to know, including Torres, despite his latest pronouncements - he wasn't going to win them back. Morale was lower than a snakes belly, largely down to him.

New owners would have booted him out as soon as they took over - the last thing any new owners want is a Machiavellian manager briefing against them - they need someone they can trust

So despite these points, there are still people that think Benitez would have led us to the garden of Eden? They must believe in Father Christmas and dick van dyke.

This is complete bullshit, particularly the bizarre claim that Dick Van Dyke doen't exist.

You can afford to fuck about with the manager if you pump in 100-150m every season and have a £25m tea lady, but if you don't spend, continuity and building is the only thing that can possibly bring success.

Very true.

Not only have FSG gambled with Rodgers, but they have gambled with the infrastructure of the club too.

Ferguson already stoking it up with Rafa saying he can't believe he has an FA Cup and Champions League to his name and is very lucky in that he could have another World Club Championship in a few weeks

he really is shit scared of him, I don't really want Rafa to do well as he is at Chelsea, but it will be piss funny if he can leave Slur Alex red faced

Ferguson already stoking it up with Rafa saying he can't believe he has an FA Cup and Champions League to his name and is very lucky in that he could have another World Club Championship in a few weeks

he really is shit scared of him' date=' I don't really want Rafa to do well as he is at Chelsea, but it will be piss funny if he can leave Slur Alex red faced[/quote']

Ferguson must be absolutely terrified.

he really is shit scared of him, I don't really want Rafa to do well as he is at Chelsea, but it will be piss funny if he can leave Slur Alex red faced

Why would Ferguson be shit scared of Benitez?

Saying that, it's not our concern anymore!

edit: Ferguson is really stirring the Chelsea/Benitez pot, isn't he? Going to be funny seeing those two at it again.

If there is any truth in that ultimatum, you're right.

I have heard it from someone who got it directly from Rafa Benitez, and I know for a fact he is in contact with him, someone else who knows one of Rafa's legal representatives, and just yesterday a third person confirmed to me that they had heard exactly the same story via Martin Broughton, so it's as much truth as you are going to get on what happened without having been in the room yourself.

Rafa's sacking was nothing to do with footballing matters and everything to do with political manouevring.

Unfortunately for him he gave an ultimatum to a man who was never going to take such a thing lightly, especially knowing that Rafa had already got rid of the previous man in the job.

"On his CV in two weeks he could have two world championships and nothing to do with the construction of the teams."

Whereas Di Matteo spent a decade building the team that won the CL and the FA Cup. Fucking cunt.

That's exactly what I thought. According to the deluded prick, Di Matteo was responsible for Chelsea winning both trophies last year but he was in charge for 2 games and 7 weeks before winning the FA cup. Rafa won the world cup with Inter after 2 games also, but 7 months after he became manager. Neither were massively "responsible for the construction of the teams" but surely Rafa was more responsible give that he was there longer and had a pre-season and a transfer window.

As someone has said, should be fun watching those 2 go at it.

Old shittypants just detests him because Rafa was the only person with the balls to very publicly highlight the fact that Fergiscum has the entire footballing establishment bowing to his every whim and fancy.

Also I reckon the ole cunt knows full well deep down he would never have beaten us to the tile in 08/09 without the refs handing them about 9 points on a plate that year.

I'd say deep down he knows that about a few titles hes won though. The fucking cunt.