You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Di Matteo sacked

King Emlyn

He'll do very well there' date=' he's an excellent manager and they have an unbelievable squad. I fucking detest Chelsea with a passion so I hope he fails and its a disaster. I'm not one of these fans like you find in the Far East who support individuals over teams, I support LFC and that's it. Rafa is now Chelsea manager fuck him. For now.[/quote']

Lol

He'll do very well there, he's an excellent manager and they have an unbelievable squad. I fucking detest Chelsea with a passion so I hope he fails and its a disaster. I'm not one of these fans like you find in the Far East who support individuals over teams, I support LFC and that's it. Rafa is now Chelsea manager fuck him. For now.

Im sure you said the same when Dalglish won the league with Newcastle.

(Seriously, people on here need to stop trying to push this whole attitude of detachment. Rafa is a club legend - for a multitude of reasons - and one of three managers to bring home a European Cup. He should, and will, be forever respected and appreciated by anybody associated with the club, as he will always be part of it. Sure, if we were playing Chelsea tomorrow i'd hope we fucking battered them silly, twice in the arse. But there is nothing wrong with a) being happy for a LFC legend and b) hoping he does well and repairs an unfair reputation. That doesn't constitute as supporting him, or Chelsea. Its just wishing him well. And I wish Brendan even well-er.)

Guest ShoePiss
Im sure you said the same when Dalglish won the league with Newcastle.

(Seriously, people on here need to stop trying to push this whole attitude of detachment. Rafa is a club legend - for a multitude of reasons - and one of three managers to bring home a European Cup. He should, and will, be forever respected and appreciated by anybody associated with the club, as he will always be part of it. Sure, if we were playing Chelsea tomorrow i'd hope we fucking battered them silly, twice in the arse. But there is nothing wrong with a) being happy for a LFC legend and b) hoping he does well and repairs an unfair reputation. That doesn't constitute as supporting him, or Chelsea. Its just wishing him well. And I wish Brendan even well-er.)

Don't compare the emotional attachment we have with Kenny to that of Rafa, it does neither of them any good and Kenny won the league with Blackburn, not Newcastle.

Rafa is respected and appreciated, by me and lots of others who at the same time now, given the job he's taken on can't wish him well in the same way if he managed a team outside of our league.

Don't compare the emotional attachment we have with Kenny to that of Rafa, it does neither of them any good and Kenny won the league with Blackburn, not Newcastle.

Rafa is respected and appreciated, by me and lots of others who at the same time now, given the job he's taken on can't wish him well in the same way if he managed a team outside of our league.

I'm with ShoePiss on this one.

Woops! Dont know why I said Newcastle.

Im not comparing the emotional attachment, it isn't a competition. Many younger fans will have a love for Rafa comparable to the love older fans have for Kenny. Purely because they experienced the successes of the former's tenure. He is respected, by most. People saying "fuck him" or similar aren't really respecting him though are they?

Anyway, its a tiresome argument. I think i'll let it lie.

Guest ShoePiss
Woops! Dont know why I said Newcastle.

Im not comparing the emotional attachment, it isn't a competition. Many younger fans will have a love for Rafa comparable to the love older fans have for Kenny. Purely because they experienced the successes of the former's tenure. He is respected, by most. People saying "fuck him" or similar aren't really respecting him though are they?

Anyway, its a tiresome argument. I think i'll let it lie.

Well when you say 'detachment' I think you are. I suppose I'm fortunate to have experienced the end of Kenny's playing career, his management years and Rafa's. The thing is while I and many others from my and older generations are around you will have this kind of situation. Eventually I'll be that really old fucker talking about how good Kenny was like the arl fella today talks about Billy Liddell.

I'm not arguing with you though, there's no reason to be saying fuck him and the people that are (the tiny, nasty, vocal minority) would do it anyway, this is merely something for them to latch onto to justify their deep rooted, fucking weird hatred of the man.

For any of you thick fucking CUNTS who are even suggesting that they want Chelsea to do well now (for whatever reason you can come up with)' date=' just remember how their fans behaved during the minute silence for Hillsborough in April.[/quote']

See I have an issue with you repeatedly posting this bike, I lost my uncle at Hillsborough, have seen and lived with the devastating impact it had on my family for the last 23 years. I am also a big fan of Benitez, appreciate the help he offered to the families, the man appears to have a deep sense of understanding of what went on, and how the families coped, he has always been unstinting in his support. That he is now managing an opposition team, who have a number of fucking mongs in their support, should not stop anyone from our club wishing him well, we too have our fair share of fucking mongs as supporters. Stop acting like a fucking mong, and trying to link Hillsborough to your hatred of a former manager, and let things go, you don't like him - that's fine, but don't you fucking dare try to use Hillsborough as a stick to beat him.

Abrahamovic and Buck are in the Moratti mode, they won't stand for any of the antics he has displayed before- and Rafa knows he will have to be on his best behaviour and stick to the football.

I think it is fairly easy to workout why Ruski has probably got him and only on a six month contract.

What is harder to believe is he took the job as he will know full well as to why hes only got 6 months to.

You got to remember who it was who wanted Sevchenko and splashed all that cash.

Torres was also down to him wanting to see him play for his team.

Once again a obscene amount of money spent on a player who isnt doing much.

He is doing two things by getting Benitez in for 6 months.

The first is to prove he was right getting him and not looking like a idiot again.

The second is the fact he sees Benitez as the one who can kickstart Torres again.

The six month thing is that is how long Benitez has to get Torres to how he was with us.

If he dosent then a new manager comes in Benitez goes and probably Torres to.

If he gets Torres back firing on all cylanders,then without doubt Benitez will get the job full time.

The fact he has taken the trial period on is going against how I thought Benitez was and more his so called principles.

The fact he has suggests he is totally convinced he can do it or its a risk he has to take as nobody else has employed him for a while now.

Which of those two it is who knows only by taking this on imo he is risking a awful lot if he fails(apart from a obscene amount of cash he picks up).

Apparently. The madness of King Roman.

not at all surprised, and even less by Rafa's acceptance of the post. Good on him!! I wish him all the best; it's going to be interesting comparing our results now against Chelsea's under Rafa-the battle of the rivalries! Yes, they are a big rival, on account of them being in the gang of four. We aspire to be in that gang and so one of the others need to be pushed out. I think Rafa will do very well, and now that he has a job and KK can't come back either, we'll finally have to shutup and see how BR does this season, and maybe next as well (assuming a reasonable finish) GO RAFA. YNWA.

Life expectancy of Liverpool managers is at least a couple of months more than Chelsea managers.

And also cost us places in the league at the same time. I'd rather the sacking to be done quickly then waiting for it to becoming worst by the day.

I'd go as far as saying that what Abramovich did is correct and swift. I wish FSG is like that and a club with our stature could not and should not be where we are right now.

I think it is fairly easy to workout why Ruski has probably got him and only on a six month contract.

What is harder to believe is he took the job as he will know full well as to why hes only got 6 months to.

You got to remember who it was who wanted Sevchenko and splashed all that cash.

Torres was also down to him wanting to see him play for his team.

Once again a obscene amount of money spent on a player who isnt doing much.

He is doing two things by getting Benitez in for 6 months.

The first is to prove he was right getting him and not looking like a idiot again.

The second is the fact he sees Benitez as the one who can kickstart Torres again.

The six month thing is that is how long Benitez has to get Torres to how he was with us.

If he dosent then a new manager comes in Benitez goes and probably Torres to.

If he gets Torres back firing on all cylanders,then without doubt Benitez will get the job full time.

The fact he has taken the trial period on is going against how I thought Benitez was and more his so called principles.

The fact he has suggests he is totally convinced he can do it or its a risk he has to take as nobody else has employed him for a while now.

Which of those two it is who knows only by taking this on imo he is risking a awful lot if he fails(apart from a obscene amount of cash he picks up).

If he was hired to resurrect Torres then he's fucked from the start. Jesus Christ himself couldn't help Torres at this stage.

And also cost us places in the league at the same time. I'd rather the sacking to be done quickly then waiting for it to becoming worst by the day.

I'd go as far as saying that what Abramovich did is correct and swift. I wish FSG is like that and a club with our stature could not and should not be where we are right now.

Clueless and classless.