You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Di Matteo sacked

King Emlyn

For some reason the phrases "getting your excuse in early" and "heads I win tails you lose" just popped into my head.

This is not exactly a new opinion of mine.

1) I've said earlier I think Chelsea will win the league this season as they have the best squad.

2)I've always said Rafa is a good coach, but poor at spotting and buying players because he seems to have a genuine mistrust in flair players.

3) I've said Rafa had his best seasons with us before he had formed the majority of his team/squad in his own image.

Together it becomes the above.

Nothing else, just consistent well thought out opinions based on facts.

I don't really understand whats going on here. Chelsea are not, and never will be, our rivals. The mancs are. If Chelsea stop them winning the title i'll be delighted. Why do people think Chelsea are our rivals anyway? Because they are good at football and also happen to be a bunch of cunts?

This i agree with totally. Id love to see Benitez ram it right down fergies throat in may.

This is not exactly a new opinion of mine.

1) I've said earlier I think Chelsea will win the league this season as they have the best squad.

2)I've always said Rafa is a good coach, but poor at spotting and buying players because he seems to have a genuine mistrust in flair players.

3) I've said Rafa had his best seasons with us before he had formed the majority of his team/squad in his own image.

Together it becomes the above.

Nothing else, just consistent well thought out opinions based on facts.

Hold on a fucking minute.

Who bought Reina Arbeloa Agger Skrtel Alonso Mascherano Torres.

And how many points did we finish with in 2007/8 with those players.

flair players -Luis Garcia, Yossi benayoun, and playing Harry Kewell in european cup final.

Stop talking utter tripe

Hold on a fucking minute.

Who bought Reina Arbeloa Agger Skrtel Alonso Mascherano Torres.

And how many points did we finish with in 2007/8 with those players.

flair players -Luis Garcia, Yossi benayoun, and playing Harry Kewell in european cup final.

Stop talking utter tripe

What did we win?

We got 76 points in 07/08.

• Upvote 2

He meant 08/09. But you knew that.

You think that Kenny's season last year was better than 08/09. That is why people cant be bothered with you.

What did we win in 08/09 and how the fuck would I know that he meant something else than what he wrote? Why write it if he meant something else?

Winners like winning, losers dont care, they are just happy to participate.

• Upvote 2

What did we win?

We got 76 points in 07/08.

Alright 08/09. 86 points. Point stands you said he cant buy players. He does'nt like flair players, revisionism at its finest.

Teams used to be scared of playing against us, we consistently punched above our weight at home and abroad.

He hasn't though, I'll be very, very surprised if he does well.

You get practically zero input on transfers, and the players run to Abramovich when things dont go as they would like. Abramovich has sacked a lot of managers, but I've yet to see him sack a player...

I also think it's a fragmented squad and their league form over the last 18 months would suggest that.

They can't find the right centre back balance.

They can't find a consistent goalscorer.

And the Terry thing seems to have taken a toll in terms of morale among some of them. Who is the 'leader' of Chelsea now? Chelsea have a bright future if they build for 18 months and phase out Cole, Terry, and Lampard. All are sub-standard now, but you try telling the Chelsea fans that. Anyone who 'gets rid' of those three will have to have a lot of goodwill in the bank before doing it. Rafa does not have that, but it's one of the first things he needs to do, so...he's fucked.

lumpard has been phased out by injury. cole is fighting for his place with bertrand. terry is the one they still need because their defence just looks a mess without them. if rafa still has it he'll sort that defence out with 2 of luiz, terry or cahill losing out. ivanovic will probably come into the middle for one of them. benitez likes 4231 it's no secret but for it to function at it's best he'll need a wrecker and a passer. he's got mikel who can wreck but who will he find to feed mata in the hole when he wins the ball. I think ramires will end up on the right of the 3 with oscar and hazard for the spot on the left. torres up front of course goes without saying. torres needs to start firing immediately as they only have him and sturridge. Im sure rafa would love lukaku back from west brom

I don't think he would have taken the job if he wasn't excited by what is there already. big task for him but he's got a load of good players that need to be made into a team. if he can do that he'll do well.

He does need that passer, and that's why I'm concerned about Lucas' future now.

Who knows what sort of money will be thrown at this, my guess is very fucking little. I think Rafa will be fishing in the loans market.

Having said that, you'd have thought he would never have accepted this job without the guarantee of some money to work with.

Nobody wants Chelsea to do well, some want Benitez to do well, the problem is now seperating the two, which can't really be done.

I would like Benitez to do well, to prove his worth...

and in that time, I wish him well

..Chelsea, will always be Chelsea, a "no mark" club to me

So, I will celebrate his success, or lament his failiure...

...Chelsea, will always be...Chelsea....

Que Sera, Sera

It is what it is now. I am sick of hearing his name to be honest and I hope now that he finds the closure he's been waiting for and moves on. A big number of our own fans need to as well, and some need to get a grip. Chelsea are rivals, I don't want them to win anything unless they are the lesser of two evils, and that takes some doing. I'll never forget Istanbul, I'll never forget Cardiff 2006, I'll never forget bursting with pride at the way we came so close to winning the league in 2008.

But that's the problem with Benitez, for every positive I can list I can list a negative, rather like his transfer record. I don't wish him well at Chelsea for obvious reasons because I hate everything about that plastic football club, whoever their manager is. I don't think it will work out, I think it will end badly but I have no interest or concern as to whether or not it does.

He's not been our manager for 3 years now. It's time to move on.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Code is an utter utter cunt and I like 99% of this forum can't stand him and think the place would be better without him, but fuck me has he made this thread hilarious for me. Getting his excuses in early in case Rafa suceeds I'm not even sure if he got his first excuse in before Rafa was announced and the way he can get peoples head to explode when you're looking in from the outside is funny as fuck.

That said he is an absolute cunt and the place would be much better without him.

For any of you thick fucking CUNTS who are even suggesting that they want Chelsea to do well now (for whatever reason you can come up with), just remember how their fans behaved during the minute silence for Hillsborough in April.

it is great to have the cantankerous old bastard back though you have to admit. Your taliban days are behind you.

Guest ShoePiss
I would like Benitez to do well, to prove his worth...

and in that time, I wish him well

..Chelsea, will always be Chelsea, a "no mark" club to me

So, I will celebrate his success, or lament his failiure...

...Chelsea, will always be...Chelsea....

Que Sera, Sera

Why? I could nearly understand it if he managed a team outside our league...anyway my feelings towards Chelsea don't change, cunt of an organisation but when push comes to shove and it's between Utd getting success or them it's them every time. Now that city are the force they are though I'd pick them winning the league over Chelsea.

As for Rafa taking that job, really couldn't give a fuck and I hope we humiliate them when we meet.

Rafa has infiltrated Chelsea and his sole secret mission is to destroy them from within. He collects a nice check in May. Job done.

Well, at least that's my fantasy. But with that team, and them being four points off the top and only having lost two matches, I think he'll probably keep them where they are in the table. I can't wish anything but famine and pestilence on that shower of mongrels, but I hope he's using this job as a shop window. The Chelsea fans who are livid about his appointment are detestable and stupid. How do you not rate Benitez as a manager? Stupid stupid people. But since they only really started supporting the club in 2004, it's not a surprise. I hope he gets himself a respectable position with a club that is more deserving and appreciative of him once his contract is up.