You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Di Matteo sacked

King Emlyn

Guest Numero Veinticinco
So what if he is?

Whats your side of the argument?

I haven't decided yet, I'll need to see what his reply is. Then, naturally, I'll take the opposing stance and annoy him with it.

I've been one of Rodgers' most vocal supporters on here, so I don't think it's a secret.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

"Rafael Benitez is due to meet his Chelsea players today for the first time, and he will be hoping for a better greeting than the one presented by angry supporter outside their Cobham training ground who is holding a banner saying: 'BENITEZ OUT - 1 DI MATTEO'."

They're a classy bunch. Regardless of what you think about Rafa, that's just hideous.

Im sure you said the same when Dalglish won the league with Newcastle.

(Seriously' date=' people on here need to stop trying to push this whole attitude of detachment. Rafa is a club legend - for a multitude of reasons - and one of three managers to bring home a European Cup. He should, and will, be forever respected and appreciated by anybody associated with the club, as he will always be part of it. Sure, if we were playing Chelsea tomorrow i'd hope we fucking battered them silly, twice in the arse. But there is nothing wrong with a) being happy for a LFC legend and b) hoping he does well and repairs an unfair reputation. That doesn't constitute as supporting him, or Chelsea. Its just wishing him well. And I wish Brendan even well-er.)[/quote']

Not sure anyone has mentioned this, but Dalglish didn't win the league with Newcastle.

I dont blame Rafa at all, heres his chance to rebuild his reputation, earn his money and live in a country he is obviously settled in.

He goes to Man utd, Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal he has a chance to succeed. He goes to Aston Villa, Newcastle or the like his chances are limited. Its just that Chelsea became available first.

I'm a lifelong Liverpool fan, always have been and always will be, I will always be biased and see things through red tinted glasses. Rafa is a football professional for hire. I'm sure he feels a certain affinity to us particularly as he was successful and i'm pretty sure he would have come back if it was offered, but whats he meant to do?

I like Rafa, hate chelsea but totally understand why the 2 are together.

Who has enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life.

He knows the needle between that shit club and plastic fans and flags compared to our unique club.

He s a sell out and jokers should stop making excuses for him

El traitor

Get over yourself. Are you 14?

He's a professional man who wants to work. He will never get a better or easier chance to quickly restore his reputation and boost his profile. He's not a blubbing fan. He'd be insane to knock it back.

Get over yourself. Are you 14?

He's a professional man who wants to work. He will never get a better or easier chance to quickly restore his reputation and boost his profile. He's not a blubbing fan. He'd be insane to knock it back.

Yep.

It would be a tremendous lie to say that I wish his tenure there well; I'm not a weird RAWK-style groupie, but I can't begrudge Rafa for taking what is a very attractive opportunity.

I'm also completely indifferent to him being met with fans wanting him out already, because he's not an idiot, he's an intelligent, stubborn man who knows exactly how he's perceived and will believe that they'll soon be won over.

Okay, say he refused to castigate his team's support in the event that they start up with the Hillsborough stuff again; that would overshadow his achievements here and be a valid reason to feel contempt for the man. For just taking the manager's job at a pseudo-rival? Come on.