You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

yes or no?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• Yes i'd love him back
    • No he is a she-male cunt

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get over a lot of things in football, and this is just another one. If I remember correctly, there were some (pre-internet days admittedly, so hard to gauge) pissed-off fans when Rushie went to Juventus (post-Heysel don't forget) - I was one. Most thought he was gone forever, like me, but he came back for near enough the same money he went for, and did great.

So yeah, I'd take him back - wouldn't have near the same love for him, but would like to see how the original intended front-line with Suarez would work out.

Chelsea still don't play to his strengths - they actually play to his weaknesses, hence, how shit he looks; watch how many times he's on the heel of the last defender wating for the through ball.

He's played under five managers since coming to England too, and they all wanted to put their mark on him, except Kenny who just let him play. He was foisted upon AVB, who had to play him in a system that didn't suit him; accomodating Drogba, confidence dented etc.

Remember the loss to Everton when he had a go at Carra for not playing into the channels when we were a very rigid Hodgson 4-4-2? Then (can't remember exact numbers) he took off again under KD?

I can't really blame him for going - the club was all over the fucking shop during that time - but I can't stand who he went to. I'm done hating!

Look, I've fucked up in my life enough times to be able to realise that mistakes can be made, and yes you do have to live by them, but by the same token, if common ground can once again be considered, why not let him prove himself again? - for the right deal of course.

I voted yes, mainly because he actually showed some really good bursts of pace in the game on the weekend, but Chelsea had him doing all off his running from deep betweeen the midfield and defence rather than off the shoulder of his man. They were using him as a hub for Mata, Oscar and Hazard to run ahead of rather than as the front man he should be. They still want him to turn into Drogba.

I think having him right on the shoulder would create more space for Suarez and Sterling (and Suso) to run with the ball on the wings and through the hole which would then drag men and create spaces to play through to a striker like Nando.

I said I'd take him back a couple of months back, but that was mainly due to our own poor striking options than anything good he'd done. Having seen him just get worse and worse, it's obvious that I was right last season: he is completely shot to pieces.

He'll be pitching up at athletico again when Chelsea sign Falcao, I reckon. We should be looking at younger players who've got their best years ahead of them; not burnt out has beens who fucked us over.

No.

He was absolutely tremendous for us and he and Stevie almost brought the title to Anfield. But that was 3 years ago. His final months with us and bloody Hodgson were poor, almost came back to life with Kenny and then he fucked us over.

We must have been discussing options at Melwood of him and Suarez together with Gerrard supporting, whereas he was thinking about London.

He gave us good times, great goals but ultimately those memories are tarnished akin to Owen.

He's played under five managers since coming to England too, and they all wanted to put their mark on him, except Kenny who just let him play. He was foisted upon AVB, who had to play him in a system that didn't suit him; accomodating Drogba, confidence dented etc.

Ancelotti was the Chelsea manager when they signed him.

Can't stand the cunt. But I wouldn't want him back because he's not the same player anymore not because of personal reasons. He's lost that extra yard of pace that helped him lose defenders and nowhere near as clinical. He's better off going back to Spain because he's finished here.

all ive heard all day is people sayin torres is coming back in january, I always ignore shite till me Dad who runs a few juicers called me up and mentioned it and he never fucking gossips. also seen on twitter shit about the echo announcing a big signing tomorrow. Now i know it could well be bollocks or could not be him and i'm staying impartial but i'm wondering how the majority would feel about it?

Forget how much he would cost or wages but simple yes or no, would you like him back in january? be honest....

Mate fantastic for raising the debate. we have all been thinking it. Personally Yes in my heart..he would be brilliant but in reality he fucked off when he thought he was bigger then club and he wasnt. lets not undermine Luis Saurez and the whole team playing in not our best side, and we all know that. lets be sensible and club people first. and we are. we will get through this and win! No to Fernando Taures. its been a difficult emotional few months for the families and I am with them. the club can move on now and we are all togehter. YNWA. Gary Byron

Bollocks to him. He's not as good as when he was here first time around, why would I want to see a lesser version of him?

He left because he didn't think we were good enough for him. If he leaves Chelsea it's because he's not good enough for them, so why would we lower ourselves to take him back? And why would he want to come back when we're even further away from challenging than we were when he was here? Plus he got a massive pay rise when he left, and we were already paying him as much as we could.

Makes no sense on any level.

Bollocks to him. He's not as good as when he was here first time around, why would I want to see a lesser version of him?

He left because he didn't think we were good enough for him. If he leaves Chelsea it's because he's not good enough for them, so why would we lower ourselves to take him back? And why would he want to come back when we're even further away from challenging than we were when he was here?

Makes no sense on any level.

Amen to that!