You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

yes or no?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• Yes i'd love him back
    • No he is a she-male cunt

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair it is actually story in tomorrow's Daily Post.

if it was genuine news surely it would have been released immediately rather than have a big build up, I can't thing of a single case where anything that was huge and actually true has not leaked out before the paper release

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/11/15/manchester-city-line-up-40m-bid-to-lure-luis-suarez-fron-liverpool-fc-99623-32234117/

Manchester City line up £40m bid to lure Luis Suarez from Liverpool FC

MANCHESTER CITY are poised to make a huge push to lure Luis Suarez away from Liverpool in the January transfer window.

City manager Roberto Mancini is keen to bolster his striking options with his team having struggled to replicate the form that earned a dramatic Premier League title last season.

And the Eastlands outfit are ready to turn his attentions to Liverpool’s in-form Suarez, with City likely to be rebuffed in any attempt to sign in-demand Atletico Madrid forward Falcao given the Colombia international’s believed preference of a move to Chelsea.

Mancini wants to restructure his forward line and is looking to move on Mario Balotelli having lost patience with the Italian, with both Milan and Balotelli’s former club Inter interested in signing the firebrand forward.

Moneybags Paris Saint-Germain, managed by Carlo Ancelotti, are also monitoring Balotelli, who has yet to find the net in the Premier League this season.

Liverpool will not encourage any bids for Suarez, who only signed a new long-term contract in August after arriving in a £22.8million deal from Ajax in January 2011.

But City are acutely aware of the financial restraints Fenway Sports Group have imposed on Brendan Rodgers and could test the water with a bid in the region of £40million.

last week, Rodgers admitted chances of keeping the Uruguay international at Anfield for future seasons will depend on to what extent the club can bolster their under-strength squad.

The Liverpool manager, who is intent on signing “two or three” players in the New Year, had said: “That’s the task for everyone here – the manager and the board – to sell the club moving forward.

“I have had great support from Luis since I have been here. Both on and off the pitch he’s really bought into what we are trying to do.

“The way of working suits his style and it’s up to us as a club to keep moving forward and, when you do that, top players want to be around.

“He loves the club, he loves the football and everything about the training. He seems to be in a good place. It’s up to us as a club to add players that can help support him and move us on.”

Suarez has been in outstanding form this season, his equaliser that earned a 1-1 Premier League draw at Chelsea last Sunday his 11th strike of the campaign in all competitions and moving him alongside Manchester United’s Robin van Persie in the leading scorer stakes.

It’s not the first time Mancini has courted members of the current Liverpool squad. The City manager was keen on both Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger during the summer, only for the Anfield outfit to resist the interest – rejecting two bids for Agger – before the duo reaffirmed their commitment by signing new long-term deals.

Agger, meanwhile, is expected to be fit for Saturday’s Premier League visit of Wigan Athletic despite pulling out of Denmark’s midweek friendly in Turkey with a groin strain.

If he didn't want out after the shitstorm of last season, then surely signing a new contract and seeing Agger and Skrtel do the same (having rejected City interest also) would show him what the right choice is, as if he doesn't know already.

And unlike Torres immediately before he fucked off, Luis still looks well and truly like he gives a shit.

Oh and no. I don't want Torres back. He's not the same player he was before he left us, so I'm not sure what he would add. I certainly wouldn't want him back if we were trying to sell Suarez (or any other of our best players who want to play for us) to fund a Torres transfer back to the club. An absolute and unequivocal no, in that case.

I said no

He didn't want to be here though if he returns I'm sure he'll say otherwise.

He's not as good as he once was, the only manager that ever got the best from him consistently has been gone for a long time. If he were to return and we failed to improve under Rodgers cue the "Benitez to return to Liverpool?" speculation from the press.

Whilst I think Suarez was pretty much the ideal partner for him as it turns out, if the owners think that now surely it would've been a better idea to just try it out before we sold him on?

I just don't see anyway it works out to be honest. Sure if he comes in and starts banging the goals in but even so where does he fit? We've only ever seen him be effective when leading the forward line and Suarez is the most productive in the role he's currently in. I can't imagine Torres playing out wide and being effective, and whilst I think Suarez could be effective out wide I don't see why you'd gamble on a forward who's failed to re-capture his form for the most part when he needs to play where your most effective attacking option is currently playing AND even if played there his role would have to be different to Suarez' role because I've never seen Torres as the type to set up as much if not more than he scores. This would in effect, change the entire dynamic of the team as it's been currently built to attack, judging on results alone this doesn't sound so bad but with all this talk about the "long-term" and "trusting the system" it just doesn't make since.