Quantcast
James McClean refuses to wear poppy - Page 29 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

8 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Do you wear a poppy each year?

Doesn't the poppy signify the blood spilt and the horrors and stupidity of those deaths during the First World War ?  I don't believe its origins glorify murderers. If you mean the conflicts since then I agree with you but those conflicts have been used by politicians and don't represent what the poppy is originally about.

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Doesn't the poppy signify the blood spilt and the horrors and stupidity of those deaths during the First World War ?  I don't believe its origins glorify murderers. If you mean the conflicts since then I agree with you but those conflicts have been used by politicians and don't represent what the poppy is originally about.

It meant exactly that. And before the poppy-nazis hijacked it it was a thing some people wore and some didn’t and sports clubs didn’t feel pressured to wear and it was for WWI. But now money has gone from it to the likes of that horrific murdering scum Soldier F along with members of the parachute regiment in the north - the group who committed some of the most horrific murders of any group during the war in the north of Ireland. 

So now, if you wear it you are supporting some of the worst murderers the world has seen. Sadly, the vast majority don’t know their history and so wear it because it’s not worth the hassle or questions or social media pile-ons. Or they just do it support people they feel we’re decent and not like Soldier F, and I get that reason, but it doesn’t really work as the money is supporting utter filth too.