You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 minutes ago, A Red said:

I dont include myself in that one. I would love you or him to justify, even in a little teensy way, that doing what he did in this case is anyway justified.

Remember he is wearing the garb of a terrorist and obviously thinks it in some way amusing to be seen to be passing that mindset on to his children. Its dangerous, it open up conflict. As seen here.

I've already said it was a silly thing to do. 

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, A Red said:

So why did you neg me? (dont misunderstand a neg doesnt throw me into a hissy fit, I want to know what your problem was)

I didn't realise I had mate. Probably the line dismissing his humanity work. But on reflection it probably wasn't neg worthy. I'm out of rep but I'll even if out when I can. 

You bastard. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, A Red said:

I dont include myself in that one. I would love you or him to justify, even in a little teensy way, that doing what he did in this case is anyway justified.

Remember he is wearing the garb of a terrorist and obviously thinks it in some way amusing to be seen to be passing that mindset on to his children. Its dangerous, it open up conflict. As seen here.

James McClean isn't willing to defend what he did. James McClean! It's a strange hill for Carradona to want to die on (figuratively speaking!)

48 minutes ago, A Red said:

16 minutes ago, deiseach said:

James McClean isn't willing to defend what he did. James McClean! It's a strange hill for Carradona to want to die on (figuratively speaking!)

Go back and read my original post. I said the balaclava was stupid but stated that it wasnt a criminal offence. 

The main points of my post was defending his right not to wear a poppy and I took task to those who say he is insignificant. 

3 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Go back and read my original post. I said the balaclava was stupid but stated that it wasnt a criminal offence. 

All wrapped up in what a great chap he is. I suppose expecting you or others like you * to call him an irresponsible cunt, or even display an understanding of how bad what he did was, is probably too much.

*Not meant as an insult

8 minutes ago, A Red said:

All wrapped up in what a great chap he is. I suppose expecting you or others like you * to call him an irresponsible cunt, or even display an understanding of how bad what he did was, is probably too much.

*Not meant as an insult

Oh no, it's not too much at all. It was a stupid, irresponsible act by someone who thought he was being funny. 

I just dont feel the need to state it on an LFC forum but I did feel the need to defend him against some of the other nonsense being thrown his way on here by a few Brits who wouldn't know the first fucking idea what it was like for someone like McClean and his family growing up and how they were forced to live.

I've heard him interviewed a few times. Comes across incredibly well.  His care for his autistic daughter has seen him row in behind that community really well.  That, along with his community support, is refreshing.  He's a young lad though, and will do dumb things he thought were funny.  The balaclava was one of those.  I'm sure he thought it'd just wind up the "right" people who accuse him of being in the IRA, etc, and everyone else would find it funny.  But instead it will have wound up people he didn't want to wind up too.  He's taken it on the chin, and if you look at his apology it is one of those rare occasions when it's not a standard "I apologise if you were offended" non apology, but a genuine and sincere apology.  

If everyone was as principled and supportive for the right causes as McLean is, the world would be in a lot better place.  He can make dumb mistakes and as long as he realises it and apologises like any adult, can move on and keep doing the good things he does. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I gave my neighbour a kitchen roll, threw it over the fence. I like to keep my charity work separate from my forum  presence. She is an BS and a nurse.

If anyone feels the need to mention me re Peace Prizes I would shun them.

#indanameofluv

Was the bogroll red?

• Upvote 1

Just now, JohnnyH said:

I've heard him interviewed a few times. Comes across incredibly well.  His care for his autistic daughter has seen him row in behind that community really well.  That, along with his community support, is refreshing.  He's a young lad though, and will do dumb things he thought were funny.  The balaclava was one of those.  I'm sure he thought it'd just wind up the "right" people who accuse him of being in the IRA, etc, and everyone else would find it funny.  But instead it will have wound up people he didn't want to wind up too.  He's taken it on the chin, and if you look at his apology it is one of those rare occasions when it's not a standard "I apologise if you were offended" non apology, but a genuine and sincere apology.  

If everyone was as principled and supportive for the right causes as McLean is, the world would be in a lot better place.  He can make dumb mistakes and as long as he realises it and apologises like any adult, can move on and keep doing the good things he does. 

Spot on Johnny. 

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It was a bit of a stupid thing to post, but in the grand scheme of things I think people are overlooking the more important topic that his rug looks like it’s minging.

It is a bit 90’s. He needs one woven in the hills by Persian Partisan Artisan Peasants.

Yes, yes he is good for local charities, his daughter, is a lovely lad normally and has strongly held opinions etc. but it is irrelevant when looking at what he did. The fact of the matter was he acted like a complete and utter cunt whose only saving grace is that he apologised. Hopefully he will learn and stick to playing football and not do the likes again.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, A Red said:

Yes, yes he is good for local charities, his daughter, is a lovely lad normally and has strongly held opinions etc. but it is irrelevant when looking at what he did. The fact of the matter was he acted like a complete and utter cunt whose only saving grace is that he apologised. Hopefully he will learn and stick to playing football and not do the likes again.

Alright, dead on.