You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

i dont mind McClean usually.

I personally dont agree with his stance on the whole poppy thing, but i respect his view. (im irish to by the way)

But that tweet there is so fucking dumb. How did he ever think that would be funny? 

Northern Ireland is an ever changing place regarding politics. And this to me just screams IDIOT. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

i dont mind McClean usually.

I personally dont agree with his stance on the whole poppy thing, but i respect his view. (im irish to by the way)

But that tweet there is so fucking dumb. How did he ever think that would be funny? 

Northern Ireland is an ever changing place regarding politics. And this to me just screams IDIOT. 

Yeah blatantly done for a reaction and how could he possibly expect it not to cause murder on social media. he moans that crowds get on his back at games then does things like that. 

I think its funny as fuck but I not have any sympathy for him when fans are baying for his blood when footy starts up again. 

He is boss though. Fuck them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think he's a bit silly doing that in front of his kids. Let them gain their own knowledge and form their own opinions as they grow. 

But, with regards to all the Queen and Country type that he winds up, I think that side of things is quite funny. You've got to be in his mindspace. The British were the enemy. They largely acted a bit cunty in Northern Ireland. It was a while back, but the wounds are still raw. And not everybody has moved on. 

• Upvote 1