You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 hours ago, chevettehs said:

Couldn't give a shit who does or doesn't wear one personally.

However she does have a point, assuming of course you ignore the fact that South Africans fought in World War 1 both in Africa and Europe. 

Conscripted ie; forced to fight? She might also be remembering the Boer War when the British invented concentration camps and made women eat glass. Oh and Britain supporting apartheid. I think she has more than enough right NOT to wear one. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Conscripted ie; forced to fight? She might also be remembering the Boer War when the British invented concentration camps and made women eat glass. Oh and Britain supporting apartheid. I think she has more than enough right NOT to wear one. 

A popular myth, indeed.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

That's just lacking that wee bit of relevance to anything to do with this situation.

I think its very relevant, but i guess seeing as I said it I would.

I'm not suggesting he should wear a poppy but i'm wondering  that if he sees the british state as the enemy ,does he recognise that the catholic church is probably at least to blame for irelands woes? I suppose like a lot of nationalists he doesnt see it. Blame the brits exclusively for all the problems.

Ok, ive rambled and i guess you're right, its not that relevant to some decision by a footballer

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

You were obviously trying to make a point, what was it?

I was just posting a couple of pictures of a fella wearing a Poppy while sporting a Nazi Tattoo on his neck on a thread where people are discussing the poppy. I'm really sorry if that is confusing for you. Or is it you in the picture? Fucking egg-head 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I was just posting a couple of pictures of a fella wearing a Poppy while sporting a Nazi Tattoo on his neck on a thread where people are discussing the poppy. I'm really sorry if that is confusing for you. Or is it you in the picture? Fucking egg-head 

I've avoided insults when engaging with you on this subject but you really are a fucking stuttering clueless prick. You seem to think that you are some long haired romantic irish nationalist supporting the cause when in reality you're a prick from Widnes, that hasnt got the first clue on the subject. In your simple head, anyone that has a different view to you is a bigot or nazi, probably both. You put those pictures up to imply that.

You are the worst kind of Irish nationalist, the kind that isnt in the slightest bit Irish, probably never even visited the place and has no understanding of the subject but likes the colour green and the pogues. Oh, and served in her majesty's royal navy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

When i asked him what his point was he could very easily have said it was a joke or intended to point out the irony of some nazi having a poppy. He didnt.

I'm not a complete imbecile, if anyone else had posted it i wouldnt have questioned it, but I know stig is a sectarian cunt

5 hours ago, A Red said:

I think its very relevant, but i guess seeing as I said it I would.

I'm not suggesting he should wear a poppy but i'm wondering  that if he sees the british state as the enemy ,does he recognise that the catholic church is probably at least to blame for irelands woes? I suppose like a lot of nationalists he doesnt see it. Blame the brits exclusively for all the problems.

Ok, ive rambled and i guess you're right, its not that relevant to some decision by a footballer

Just the Catholic church? Surely all parties,British government included,take some of the blame for Irish woes? MaClean will simply represent his side of the NI debate in the same way somebody from the other side would. The British government are still cunts to their own citizens never mind other nationalities.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Just the Catholic church? Surely all parties,British government included,take some of the blame for Irish woes? MaClean will simply represent his side of the NI debate in the same way somebody from the other side would. The British government are still cunts to their own citizens never mind other nationalities.

Yep, thats pretty much what i said

5 hours ago, A Red said:

I've avoided insults when engaging with you on this subject but you really are a fucking stuttering clueless prick. You seem to think that you are some long haired romantic irish nationalist supporting the cause when in reality you're a prick from Widnes, that hasnt got the first clue on the subject. In your simple head, anyone that has a different view to you is a bigot or nazi, probably both. You put those pictures up to imply that.

You are the worst kind of Irish nationalist, the kind that isnt in the slightest bit Irish, probably never even visited the place and has no understanding of the subject but likes the colour green and the pogues. Oh, and served in her majesty's royal navy.

Im from Prescot. I don't live in Widnes anymore it was temporary, I now live in West derby (Liverpool). 

Yes my hair is long.

Yes I have been to Ireland 

Yes I served in the Royal Navy. 

Yes I am Romantic. 

No I am not simple.

If I wanted to engage with you about Ireland or anything I could and would leave you weeping but I am not going to sit and rip you apart when all you seem to do is follow my posts around like someone who clearly supports rangers and gets on my case. I am happy to engage with people on here who I like, you don't fall under that category so a line or two in response is normally all you will get. 

No I don't wear jeggings. I wear slim (not skinny) jeans that suit my athletic legs. 

I don't believe you are a Nazi. I do however believe that you are a bigot. 

The pictures I put up were fuck all to do with you, I was just putting them up on a poppy thread like i've said twice before. 

Now fuck off and wank over the Brittas Empire. 

3 hours ago, A Red said:

When i asked him what his point was he could very easily have said it was a joke or intended to point out the irony of some nazi having a poppy. He didnt.

I'm not a complete imbecile, if anyone else had posted it i wouldnt have questioned it, but I know stig is a sectarian cunt