You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest ShoePiss
What happened to the thread on the MF? Was it deleted because it had one too many EDL-type comments?

Shame if it was, because last I saw of it the sane people were more than holding their own against the minority of jingoistic, Xenophobic fuckwits.

That's strange, who was posting the EDL type comments?

Anyway, it should be up to the individual to wear one or not. Personally I would wear one if I was a footy player playing in a foreign country like he is but still, it's up to him.

That's strange, who was posting the EDL type comments?

Anyway, it should be up to the individual to wear one or not. Personally I would wear one if I was a footy player playing in a foreign country like he is but still, it's up to him.

Well, the thread was deleted for obvious reasons, but not before alantkwahtevr his name is and the ever-hapless johnny tm made everyone else cringe in embarrassment.

Again.

Although the unilaterally fuckwitted Johnny TM did find time to send me the following message, in between posting hilariously histrionic diatribes about The Troubles, bombs, poppies and how much he hates the IRA - or maybe he loves them and hates the other lot, I forget, it isn't important:

"go suck a dick you racist bigoted menstrual bitch"

haha.

Although the unilaterally fuckwitted Johnny TM did find time to send me the following message, in between posting hilariously histrionic diatribes about The Troubles, bombs, poppies and how much he hates the IRA - or maybe he loves them and hates the other lot, I forget, it isn't important:

"go suck a dick you racist bigoted menstrual bitch"

haha.

Presumably you'll only be sucking a white dick, you bad, bad racist you!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm from McClean's home town. The reason why he chose not to wear a poppy is because where he's from, it has sort of taken on a different meaning. It's nearly a symbol to show how much of a 'super' prodestant you are. He's from Creggan (in Derry) which is about as Republican / Catholic an area as you can get. The Irish lads on here will know what i mean.

Personally I would've worn it to avoid the controversy but its his choice. It's all politcal bullshit over here and should have no part in football (unless you are a moron).

Rant over

Guest ShoePiss
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm from McClean's home town. The reason why he chose not to wear a poppy is because where he's from, it has sort of taken on a different meaning. It's nearly a symbol to show how much of a 'super' prodestant you are. He's from Creggan (in Derry) which is about as Republican / Catholic an area as you can get. The Irish lads on here will know what i mean.

Personally I would've worn it to avoid the controversy but its his choice. It's all politcal bullshit over here and should have no part in football (unless you are a moron).

Rant over

I reckon if I felt as strongly as you suggest he might I wouldn't live in England nor take the Queen's coin.

Excuse my ignorance chaps but what is this "MF" that's been mentioned in this thread?

It's the clandestine group of fuckwits who feel the need to keep their fuckwittery in a tightly knit parcel.

Not really. Just those who can afford to pay to support the site. You should if you can afford to.

Nobody should be forced to have views if someone dont choose to wear it its sad but its his choice i dont wear poppies its not that i dont respect the people who fought for this country. Its because i think its a load of crap, How does it show support? Its Bollox i feel very strong about it without meaning no disrespect my Grandad was in the 2nd world war and is on his arse he has hardly any money gets no help etc its a load of fucking bollox. How does that poppy help him and so many others if the government dont appreciate what he did? Fuck the Government and fuck Poppies show some real fucking apreciation and help the people that fought.

Nobody should be forced to have views if someone dont choose to wear it its sad but its his choice i dont wear poppies its not that i dont respect the people who fought for this country. Its because i think its a load of crap, How does it show support? Its Bollox i feel very strong about it without meaning no disrespect my Grandad was in the 2nd world war and is on his arse he has hardly any money gets no help etc its a load of fucking bollox. How does that poppy help him and so many others if the government dont appreciate what he did? Fuck the Government and fuck Poppies show some real fucking apreciation and help the people that fought.

Your granddad should be entitled to some kind of help and support from the Royal British Legion, which is funded by the Poppy Appeal Simon.

I fully support/back people like McClean who chose not to wear the poppy, people have their own views & opinions on such issues.

People ought to respect even though both British & Irish people served in the World Wars that others have suffered at the hands of a more recent British Army which includes the killing of innocent people.

I think such polictical anniversarys etc should be kept away from all sports.