You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest San Don

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assist_(football)

Most commonly, an assist is credited to a player for passing or crossing the ball to the scorer. It may also be awarded to a player whose shot rebounds (off a defender, goalkeeper or goalpost) to a teammate who scores; or to a player who wins a penalty kick for another player to convert. An attacking player may be awarded an assist for contributing to an own goal. Players cannot be awarded an assist for a goal they themselves score. Usually one but a maximum of two players can be awarded assists per goal.

I dont really understand what is the fascination of counting fucking assists and arguing about it especially from Sterling.

He scored 1 goal and have only 1 assist. I have watched all our games this season and i can't see anything more than that. Perhaps some of you children need to relax a bit and start counting Messi's goal and assists. He's about to break some fucking record not Sterling.

I dont really understand what is the fascination of counting fucking assists and arguing about it especially from Sterling.

It's Code what do you expect. If we were talking of Xabi here it would be the pass leading up to the assist or the assist would not even matter.

You either pay players market value or they piss off and get a bigger wage else where.

I dont think you can argue that just because City pay something rediculous, that that should determine the market value of a player.

Find me examples of other 17 or 18 year olds on £50k a week, or previous examples.

I dont think you can argue that just because City pay something ridiculous, that that should determine the market value of a player.

The market is about more than City, it is about what any competitor might pay.

I agree with everything that you have said about the dangers of overpaying, and the benefits to Sterling of playing regularly.

From the player’s viewpoint his next contract will make him for life anyway. He is in a sport where injury or loss of form are ever-present risks so he will want to maximise his wages from a position of strength. He will argue that he should be paid as an LFC first teamer and England international, age immaterial, and he has a point.He also has a big family to support.

As important as his direct wage situation will be his perception of our future prospects as CL football is where the money is in endorsements and image rights. Paying him £20 or £50k a week, is by comparison, the easy bit.

In all this, it makes me think about a lad called Ritchie Humphreys who played for Sheffield Wednesday.

In his first season in the Premiership as an 18 year old, he was exceptional. He scored three goals in his first four league games including this effort against Leicester.

Had an 18 year old come along and done that now, they'd be sensationalised.

He went on to score very few goals for Wednesday but has had an excellent career at Hartlepool.

Had it happened today, then he'd have been bought for a fortune during his first season. This is what we have to guard against, thou shalt not worship false idols. We, and he, must wait a little while to see what we've got here. First indications are excellent, and Rodgers and his team may have a better indication of his true level from viewing him in training, fitness reports, attitude, application. One need only look across at Man City and Balotelli to see that huge contracts and talented players mean nothing without a good attitude.

I can cope with losing Sterling if it came to it. By being cautious we'll get it right a lot more often than we get it wrong. I just hope we learn from this and sort out Ibe's and Sinclair's contracts long-term before they get any attention.

This message is hidden because Code72 is on your ignore list.

It`s FREE! Try it for one week!

It`s guaranteed to have a positive effect on your happiness and at the same time make you a more balanced and calm human being. It will also reduce frustration, stress and tea/coffee spillage.

You, yes you!. You deserve better, and you know you do, so why keep on reading annoying drizzle, repetative statistics and other half-baked "facts" when you can do something about it?

With only 3 simple steps you can insure your general mental health and overall well-being TODAY!

1. Click on User CP

2. Click on the "Edit Ignore List" located under "Settings & Options" on your left hand side.

3. Type in "Code72" and press "Okay"

IT`S THAT EASY!

So do yourself AND your partner a favour today! Put Code72 in ignore NOW!

I think Code is racist.

I think Code is a victim of racism... How many time has been called a Norwegian cunt on here? All of you should be ashamed of yourselves. If a man is a cunt, he's a cunt, leave it at that.

Code is a cunt.

As is anyone on any given day.

He does have an irrational hatred for Rafa, will sometimes argue points simply for the sake of argument, and spunks his load for stats, but speaks a lot of sense.

His contributions to this thread hasnt warranted any of the vitriol aimed at him. That fucktard troll though...

I think Code is a victim of racism... How many time has been called a Norwegian cunt on here?

That is not racist unless Norwegians are a race now. It is Xenophobic and I have no issues with that because I hate loads of nationalities... especially the French and the Welsh.

I think Code is a victim of racism... How many time has been called a Norwegian cunt on here? All of you should be ashamed of yourselves. If a man is a cunt, he's a cunt, leave it at that.

Code is a cunt.

He does have an irrational hatred for Rafa, will sometimes argue points simply for the sake of argument, and spunks his load for stats, but speaks a lot of sense.

His contributions to this thread hasnt warranted any of the vitriol aimed at him. That fucktard troll though...

It's not racist tho, is it? He's a cunt, a gigantic fuckin massive one. And he's Norwegian & it's not a race, it's not xenophobic either. So what? Can't we even mention were people are from now? I suppose brummie, Geordie, cockney etc is ok then? Why do people try to find racism/xenophobia in such trivial statements? Pc gone mad.go & join the society of Black Lawyers. The Mobo awards? That's fuckin racist. What would happen if there was a Mowo awards?

Xenophobia, racism, same concept, nationality vs colour.

Point I'm trying to make is, code is indeed a cunt sometimes, but his opinion on Sterling makes a lot of sense. His opinion on the validity of an assist was way off, but the amount of crap he got for it is unnecessary. By all means, filter the crap out, but don't bite the guys head off for being a bit thick. He's infinitely better than bbb and mypost and idiots of that ilk.

It's not racist tho, is it? He's a cunt, a gigantic fuckin massive one. And he's Norwegian & it's not a race, it's not xenophobic either. So what? Can't we even mention were people are from now? I suppose brummie, Geordie, cockney etc is ok then? Why do people try to find racism/xenophobia in such trivial statements? Pc gone mad.go & join the society of Black Lawyers. The Mobo awards? That's fuckin racist. What would happen if there was a Mowo awards?

Fuck off, you dirty sock robber.

It's called classical music and opera

Code is a cunt.

This.

He's an insufferable idiot but that has nowt to do with him being Norwegian.